[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation : ISB - Page 158
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 16:36 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 16:36
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello Everyone,

As a prospective aspirant of ISB, i am writing in to get some clarity on my profile for the class of 2021(PGP Management). I need a sincere feedback.

My credentials are as follows:

Age-30
Status- Married Female(Sikh)
Residence- Mumbai

Qualification: I am a chartered accountant, having cleared it 2013 in the first attempt. I have done my training of 3 years in Audit and tax from one of the big fours for one year and two years in a mid size firm.

Work experience: Post completion of my CA, i joined Citibank (Mumbai) in the division of treasury operations. I was part of the derivative team and have handled the product across various desks like deal authorisation, settlement, statutory reporting, documentation, controls etc. I have worked there for approximately 3 and a half years.

Then with the keenness of learning something new i took up a role in Weatherford, it is a US based Oil drilling and services company. There i was part of a new team in which we had to set up a whole new finance desk in the Mumbai office taking over responsibility from Dubai for the books of accounts of the African region. It was an absolutely new experience and challenging task demanding a set of new skills in terms managing and setting up new procedures.

After a stint of one year in Weatherford and after getting married i moved on to understand the family business of the family i got married into. It is a manufacturing as well trading company diversified into Pumps and food machines. Having been in a job for a long time, i realised there is a lot more exposure needed to manage the business. It is an extremely interesting and satisfying role to run a business but also extremely challenging since it is not an absolutely professional set up. I felt i need some more managerial experience outside my family circle to manage my people and make it a more professional organisation.

Fortunately, i got an opportunity to work for the treasury operations of RBL bank. My current role is of an Assistant Vice President handling both the FX and derivative product and managing a team of 5 people. Since the bank is in the state of expansion the learning curve has been steep.

By all the opportunities that i have got and with an experience of approximately 6 years, i have the ambition of moving from operations to business side of the organisation. Having learned the ground work, i am confident that i can add value to any business but i also need the support and guidance of an institution like Indian school of business. I want to widen my horizon and get attuned to all the business functionalities. ISB will help me to get my feet in the world of consulting and then eventually help me build more structure and professionalism in my own organisation.

GRE Score- 309
My biggest concern is my score, which i know is on the lower side. I had thought of giving it again but with all the commitments at work and home, i am finding it really difficult to manage.
I am also running out of time due to my age and do not want to delay my MBA any further. And doing my MBA from ISB has been my dream.
PS: I know nothing is impossible but i have also tried giving GMAT for the last 2 years and switched to GRE(due to a low GMAT score), only to realise that i am not great at these structured exams.

Considering, all this i really want to know whether i should go ahead and apply in the round 2 with this score or should i really take the exam again.
Would really appreciate a response. Thank you so much for the help.

Guneet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi,
Indian, Male and Engineer.
GMAT: 710
UnderGrad: 8/10, majors in Computer Science and Engineering, NIT Patna
Work experience of 3 years including 2 years in a tech-startup and some experience with freelancing and an MNC and a brief stint at my own startup
Delivered products that are used by brands like OnePlus and Apple in multiple countries including Netherland, USA, China, Malaysia
Founded E-cell in college, part of college football team, headed clubs and vice house captain in school.
A little understanding of Microeconomics and Game Theory because of taking online courses.
Got an award for excellent service in professional career.
Taught underprivileged kids for free in the first year of college (Got no certificate to claim this)

Do you think I got a chance an ISB?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi All

I am planning to apply for Round 2 of Interviews, Please evaluate my profile

Work Experience: 3 years as of March 2020

Working for a SAAS unicorn company for the past 2.5 years

2017-2019 - Worked as a Product Consultant ( Sales Engineer) with a small stint abroad
2019- Present - Working as a Business analyst in the Revenue Operations team ( CRO's Office) of the same company

I have both customer-facing & internal stakeholder facing experience ( External customers were mostly CIO's & CTO's of SMB & MM companies,most of my internal stakeholders are VP's and Directors), I would like to pursue Management consulting post my MBA.

Educational Background:
10th - Matriculation - 93.8%
12th - TN State Board - 95.9%
UG - BE Mechanical Engineering - 8.7/10

Awards & Extracurriculars:
Good ratings within the company
Won a few awards for good performance
Was a working partner of a student-run cafe in College ( I was part of the marketing & Finance Team)

I am yet to give my GMAT exam, I would like to know what my chances are to get an admit and a minimum GMAT score that I should aim for.

Thanks

Originally posted by JK2808 on 06 Oct 2019, 06:43.
Last edited by JK2808 on 18 Jul 2020, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GRE 1: Q164 V158
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Can somebody please evaluate my profile.

paU1i wrote:
Hi,

I am 26 year old female. I wish to apply to ISB hyderabad PGP program as it is the only one which accepts candidates below 5 years of experience.

Education: Bachelor's of Engineering from Mumbai University 7.6 GPA

10th : 89% state board
12th : 80% state board

GMAT : Haven't taken yet but mocks scores are 700,720,710

Job details : Total experience 3.4 years

2016-2017 : Software developer in a startup founded by ex-Edelweiss CTO. Though my designation was software developer I've done project management, client meetings and have led the team in developing critical banking project for one of the biggest bank in India

2017-2019: Worked as Business Analyst in Capital Markets and Broking Domain with Angel Broking. I worked on a trading product and looked after all its development planning and coordinated with the software developers to make the product live

2019-current : Working with IT services firm as Senior Business Analyst. I have initiated the project and its with the national depository in India. It will change how the educational documents are processed by all government and private firms in India.
You can consider it like Aadhaar for educational qualification. The product is still in development phase and will take time.

Certifications:

1) NISM depository Operations Certification
2) Certified Business Analyst

International Experience : None

Other experiences :

1) Cofounded a software development company while in college. I looked after the project management and assignment part to the freelance developers and make sure the projects are delivered properly and as per requirements given by clients. The startup was shut operations as my partner left for international opportunity.

2) Worked on family business which was a parcel kitchen restaurant. I looked after digital marketing.

----------------------

Post-MBA Goal: I want to get into product management role with product companies. I also have capital markets knowledge hence financial management role will also work for me.

Kindly review my profile and also suggest other one year MBA programs if I fit in them. I am trying to apply for third round or next year

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Send PM
Hi Pau1,

With 3+ yrs of technology experience you will need a GMAT score higher than the class average (710+). Your profile in interesting and what sets you apart from other applicants is your exposure to co-founding a start-up, running a delivery kitchen and your business analysis background. A strong application and stellar essays will be essential for you to get interview calls. Focus on that and complete your GMAT soon.

Regards,
Tridisha

paU1i wrote:
Hi,

I am 26 year old female. I wish to apply to ISB hyderabad PGP program as it is the only one which accepts candidates below 5 years of experience.

2016-2017 : Software developer in a startup founded by ex-Edelweiss CTO. Though my designation was software developer I've done project management, client meetings and have led the team in developing critical banking project for one of the biggest bank in India

2017-2019: Worked as Business Analyst in Capital Markets and Broking Domain with Angel Broking. I worked on a trading product and looked after all its development planning and coordinated with the software developers to make the product live

2019-current : Working with IT services firm as Senior Business Analyst. I have initiated the project and its with the national depository in India. It will change how the educational documents are processed by all government and private firms in India.
You can consider it like Aadhaar for educational qualification. The product is still in development phase and will take time.

Certifications:

Other experiences :

1) Cofounded a software development company while in college. I looked after the project management and assignment part to the freelance developers and make sure the projects are delivered properly and as per requirements given by clients. The startup was shut operations as my partner left for international opportunity.

2) Worked on family business which was a parcel kitchen restaurant. I looked after digital marketing.

----------------------

Post-MBA Goal: I want to get into product management role with product companies. I also have capital markets knowledge hence financial management role will also work for me.

Kindly review my profile and also suggest other one year MBA programs if I fit in them. I am trying to apply for third round or next year

Thanks

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guneet,

Since you cannot retake the GRE, I would urge you to apply. You have a good profile (from the limited information given), but you definitely need to think more on your future goals. A lot will ride on how you leverage the application and the essays to highlight your profile, and i would urge you to focus on that for now.

Regards,
Tridisha

gsetia001 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

As a prospective aspirant of ISB, i am writing in to get some clarity on my profile for the class of 2021(PGP Management). I need a sincere feedback.

My credentials are as follows:

Age-30
Status- Married Female(Sikh)
Residence- Mumbai

Qualification: I am a chartered accountant, having cleared it 2013 in the first attempt. I have done my training of 3 years in Audit and tax from one of the big fours for one year and two years in a mid size firm.

Work experience: Post completion of my CA, i joined Citibank (Mumbai) in the division of treasury operations. I was part of the derivative team and have handled the product across various desks like deal authorisation, settlement, statutory reporting, documentation, controls etc. I have worked there for approximately 3 and a half years.

Then with the keenness of learning something new i took up a role in Weatherford, it is a US based Oil drilling and services company. There i was part of a new team in which we had to set up a whole new finance desk in the Mumbai office taking over responsibility from Dubai for the books of accounts of the African region. It was an absolutely new experience and challenging task demanding a set of new skills in terms managing and setting up new procedures.

After a stint of one year in Weatherford and after getting married i moved on to understand the family business of the family i got married into. It is a manufacturing as well trading company diversified into Pumps and food machines. Having been in a job for a long time, i realised there is a lot more exposure needed to manage the business. It is an extremely interesting and satisfying role to run a business but also extremely challenging since it is not an absolutely professional set up. I felt i need some more managerial experience outside my family circle to manage my people and make it a more professional organisation.

Fortunately, i got an opportunity to work for the treasury operations of RBL bank. My current role is of an Assistant Vice President handling both the FX and derivative product and managing a team of 5 people. Since the bank is in the state of expansion the learning curve has been steep.

By all the opportunities that i have got and with an experience of approximately 6 years, i have the ambition of moving from operations to business side of the organisation. Having learned the ground work, i am confident that i can add value to any business but i also need the support and guidance of an institution like Indian school of business. I want to widen my horizon and get attuned to all the business functionalities. ISB will help me to get my feet in the world of consulting and then eventually help me build more structure and professionalism in my own organisation.

GRE Score- 309
My biggest concern is my score, which i know is on the lower side. I had thought of giving it again but with all the commitments at work and home, i am finding it really difficult to manage.
I am also running out of time due to my age and do not want to delay my MBA any further. And doing my MBA from ISB has been my dream.
PS: I know nothing is impossible but i have also tried giving GMAT for the last 2 years and switched to GRE(due to a low GMAT score), only to realise that i am not great at these structured exams.

Considering, all this i really want to know whether i should go ahead and apply in the round 2 with this score or should i really take the exam again.
Would really appreciate a response. Thank you so much for the help.

Guneet
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GRE 1: Q164 V158
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Tridisha,

Thanks for the reply. That helps! Also, in case I don't get in this year...what are the parameters I should improve on for better chances next year?

Tridisha1 wrote:
Hi Pau1,

With 3+ yrs of technology experience you will need a GMAT score higher than the class average (710+). Your profile in interesting and what sets you apart from other applicants is your exposure to co-founding a start-up, running a delivery kitchen and your business analysis background. A strong application and stellar essays will be essential for you to get interview calls. Focus on that and complete your GMAT soon.

Regards,
Tridisha

paU1i wrote:
Hi,

Certifications:

Other experiences :

----------------------

Thanks

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 618
GRE 1: Q165 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V163

GRE 3: Q170 V163
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello people,
I was wondering if anybody has applied to the ISB with GRE scores and received an interview invite? I only see people with GMAT scores.

Thank You

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [0]
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
elPatron434 wrote:
Hello people,
I was wondering if anybody has applied to the ISB with GRE scores and received an interview invite? I only see people with GMAT scores.

Well that's not correct. Several of our students who opted for GRE, have received interview invites.
Director
Director
Send PM
Hi JK2808, very decent acads and career profile.

Your aspiration for Management consulting post-MBA, would need brainstorming. You should target 700+ on GMAT; obviously, the higher, the better.
Director
Director
Send PM
mrishan1993 wrote:
Do you think I got a chance an ISB?

You certainly do mrishan1993. Decent UG college, a startup, and Product development experience will all work in your favor. Make sure you highlight them in your application.

You've not stated your career goals though. Articulating them well, will go a long way to boost your chances on an interview call.
Director
Director
Send PM
gsetia001 wrote:
GRE Score- 309
My biggest concern is my score, which i know is on the lower side

Indeed gsetia001. GRE score is on the lower side Guneet and can influence your profile that is otherwise quite sterling (CA in first attempt, great professional experience, family business experience etc.).

Your concern about time running out is also not unfounded. Since you've already had a long tryst with standardized tests, I would now suggest that you should focus all your energy in crafting an immaculate application that does justice to your profile. The expectation will be that your application compensates for your score.

All the best!
Director
Director
Send PM
sashankvissa wrote:
Hi all,

So here it goes -
Xth (CBSE) - 87%
XIIth (CBSE - Science stream) - 82%
B.Tech (Mechanical) from Amrita University - 7.66 CGPA
GMAT - 680

What an interesting profile sashankvissa. TFI and various social initiatives are a big plus. Your goals also seem to be aligned with your experience in the non-profit sector.

Articulate your profile and your goals well in your application, and 680 on GMAT should not be a problem.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi,

Please review my profile

Graduation:
2018 BBA graduate with 71.68%

Work experience:
Have been working with my family for 14 months as of now

School Education:
10th score = 83.8%
12th score = 94%

Extra Curricular activities:
Participant for various b-fests in college
Organized college fests
Member of the writing club of my college
Member of the NGO of my college

I am giving my attempt for GMAT in the 1st week of November. I am aiming for a score of more than 700.

Kindly provide me some insight on my chances.

Thank you.

Regards,
Keshav Kothari
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM