Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
CriticalSquare wrote:
For the schools on your list, even Kellogg, I would retake the GMAT. 740 would be a good score for you. Your work experience is OK and your involvement is pretty good. The big challenges I see at the moment are your goals and your story. A big portion of your application is articulating your vision and pulling together an argument that you're ready to execute your plan to achieve that vision. If you're unclear in your vision, the AdComm will just assume that you're not ready.

You need to find a way to articulate what you want to do. The level of specificity will vary from applicant to applicant, but the more concrete your goals are, the better your application will be. HBS and GSB are stretch programs, and while Haas and Kellogg are reach as well, I could see an argument for applying to these schools in R1 later this year.

Take a look at our thoughts on how to approach your story and the essay writing process. Let us know if you'd like to chat about how we can help. Best of luck!

Hi ,
Thank you for the much needed response :) . I am targetting schools in R1 and i do not have an idea as to how to narrow down to the specific set of schools , any help? I am from India , so i am in a fix as to wether to the apply to schools in the US , because of the trump issue , but putting that aside , as i have mentioned 3 US progarms , 1 UK , 1 Singapore , 1 India , 6 schools is what i am looking at

At the moment , i am investing my time and effort to reach a 740+

Regards,
Hk
VP
VP
Send PM
Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
CriticalSquare wrote:
Hi there,

Glad our guidance has been useful to you. I just want to reiterate the importance of honing in on what you want to do after business school. Different schools are better for different disciplines and different career paths (e.g. finance vs. marketing vs. entrepreneurship). Further, geographically speaking, your preference in where you'd like to work plays a role as well.

Hello ,
I am interested in Marketing and would love to apply to schools , strong in the field of marketing across the globe . I am open to work anywhere in the above mentioned geographic locations , willing to relocate.

Regards,
Hk

Originally posted by Hatakekakashi on 17 Mar 2017, 13:50.
Last edited by Hatakekakashi on 19 Mar 2017, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Send PM
With generic goals like that it's hard to help! First thing I'd do is hone in and specify what type of marketing role you want: brand management, product management, marketing strategy, or something else entirely? If you're geographically indifferent, this doesn't tell the AdComm much of anything. Start thinking about your preferences and prioritize your options. This is an important skill that AdComms expect out of their top applicants. Generic goals and broad statements won't do you any favors here. Hope this helps and best of luck!
VP
VP
Send PM
CriticalSquare wrote:
With generic goals like that it's hard to help! First thing I'd do is hone in and specify what type of marketing role you want: brand management, product management, marketing strategy, or something else entirely? If you're geographically indifferent, this doesn't tell the AdComm much of anything. Start thinking about your preferences and prioritize your options. This is an important skill that AdComms expect out of their top applicants. Generic goals and broad statements won't do you any favors here. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Hello,
Thanks a lot for your response , will make a note of that and think from that perspective and as of now haven't narrowed down the specific area of marketing but would more likely work in the area of product management , but will think of it.

Regards,
HK
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Send PM
Great - glad we could help! Best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot