Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 17:56 It is currently 01 May 2024, 17:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Ross '19 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '13 (A)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request - Argentinean Citizen [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thanks for sharing your profile. I think you will have a tough go at it with these schools. These are some of the top schools in the world and your GPA/GMAT are currently both below the averages at these schools. Also, your work experience is trending towards your desired career but certainly not a slam dunk on paper either which is ok but your work experience certainly won't blow anybody away. Your Argentinian profile should certainly help along with your ECs but you will most likely need to retake the GMAT. Also, it is not totally clear how strong your leadership/teamwork is so that may be another area you may want to consider for improvement. This may just be accumulating more work experience and interpersonal anecdotes
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
agusvsosa wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review my application.

I'm 27, male, Argentinean citizen.

Test Scores/Academics:
-GMAT - 710 (V: 41 | Q: 46 | AWA: 5 | IR: 7)
-Undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering. GPA 7.35/10
-Msc in Finance. GPA 7.9/10
-CFA Candidate Level II

Work Experience:
-3.5 years total.
-2 years as an Ops/Commercial analyst at a medium-sized shipping company. Led shipping operations throughout 5 countries that generated ~70M per year with an indirect oversight of +50 people. Actively participated and assisted in negotiations of new contracts.
-1.5 years at a BB Bank as a business management analyst. Designed and put in place the management information systems for new offices in the region.

Personal/ECs:
-Volunteer at a local NPO as a soccer coach for mentally handicapped children.
-Head of the education division of the local philanthropy chapter in my current job. Organized donations, seminars, mentorships, reading sessions for several NPOs.

Post-MBA Goals:
-Short-term: Asset management at a BB bank or boutique firm.
-Long-term: Create an asset management firm in Argentina.

Round 1 Target Schools:
-HBS
-CBS
-Wharton

Do you feel that I have a shot at my target schools?

Should I consider retaking the GMAT to make myself more competitive? I still have a couple of months to retake.

Thanks!

Thanks for your profile details. While your demographic background will help you, I do recommend retaking the GMAT. I have gotten applicants like you into CBS and sometimes Wharton, but you stand a much better chance of getting in if you raise your score.

I could set you up with a tutor to pinpoint your weaknesses and spend a few hours to help raise your score if you are interested.

Send me an email if you want to discuss your profile and a strategy for working together on your applications. My approach is very personal and unique. Let's chat about it further.

Scott@personalmbacoach.com

Best,
Scott
GMAT Club Bot