Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 06:00 It is currently 13 May 2024, 06:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
I truly don't think the type of firm matters. What really matters is your job and what you accomplish there!

If you're making the switch now, definitely apply later if you can. You'll want to have enough time to show that you've made some impact there. But keep in mind that, even if you apply in R2, that will only give you about four months (at most) to make an impact. So, that will be a challenge.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What I gonna do? [#permalink]
quixx23 wrote:
I truly don't think the type of firm matters. What really matters is your job and what you accomplish there!

If you're making the switch now, definitely apply later if you can. You'll want to have enough time to show that you've made some impact there. But keep in mind that, even if you apply in R2, that will only give you about four months (at most) to make an impact. So, that will be a challenge.

Scott

Hi Scott:

Thanks for your reply. In your professional perspective, if your were in my case, you would still reapply in Round 2? Or you will wait another year and reapply for fall 2008?

I just thought that I should not give up any chance this year to reapply because it is the opportunity cost( You know that) and you would never know the competition will be more or less intense in the application next year, right? I just don't want to waste the chance of reapplication this year though! Just my two cents! Your detailed and picky feedback on my point would be highly appreciated since I am very serious about my reapplication. I have to win!

-linjunkai
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
All things being equal, I recommend applying again year. If you aplpy this year and get dinged again, it may be tough to get in on your 3rd try. Build up a strong track record, and then apply when you can put your best foot forward.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
quixx23 wrote:
All things being equal, I recommend applying again year. If you aplpy this year and get dinged again, it may be tough to get in on your 3rd try. Build up a strong track record, and then apply when you can put your best foot forward.

Scott

Hi Scott:

In this case, you recommend that I apply next year rather than this year? If you were me, you would wait till next year and build the best reapplication as much as you can?

-linjunkai
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes, I recommend waiting another year.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Your guideline and strategy are needed [#permalink]
quixx23 wrote:

Scott

Hi Scott:

Thanks for your advice. If I will follow your advice and wait another year to reapply, except for community service in my Rotaract Club what I can do withink this period of time to strengthen my reapplications next year? Your guideline and your strategy to help my reapplications next year are highly appreciated !

Passion for H/S/W,
linjunkai
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Your guideline and strategy are needed [#permalink]
quixx23 wrote:

Scott

Hi Scott:

Thanks for your advice. If I will follow your advice and wait another year to reapply, except for community service in my Rotaract Club what I can do withink this period of time to strengthen my reapplications next year? Your guideline and your strategy to help my reapplications next year are highly appreciated !

Passion for H/S/W,
linjunkai
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Definitely look for more leadership opprtunities on the job. The community service is very important, but the most valuable experience of all will always be your professional experience. Try to take on new roles, seek out opportunities to make a difference (instead of waiting for those opportunities to be handed to you), etc.!

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please shedding more light on leadership opportunities [#permalink]
quixx23 wrote:
Definitely look for more leadership opprtunities on the job. The community service is very important, but the most valuable experience of all will always be your professional experience. Try to take on new roles, seek out opportunities to make a difference (instead of waiting for those opportunities to be handed to you), etc.!

Scott

Hi Scott:

Since the fact that I will switch to that small AMC within this month, I will serve as a senior financial advicer and as vice director of board of directors in my new place. With the nature of my position, would you mind sheding more light on looking for more leadership opportunities to strengthen my professional experience in my reapplications. Your more guidelines for looking for leadership experiences under the nature of my position would be highly appreciated.

Passion for H/S/W,
linjunkai
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
I'm afraid that I can't help you much more! It sounds like you may need a professional admissions consultant to help you through some of these issues, or at least a mentor who knows you better. It's hard to give you that much more advice on this forum, since I only know a little about you. Best of luck!

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your help [#permalink]
quixx23 wrote:
I'm afraid that I can't help you much more! It sounds like you may need a professional admissions consultant to help you through some of these issues, or at least a mentor who knows you better. It's hard to give you that much more advice on this forum, since I only know a little about you. Best of luck!

Scott

Hi Scott:

Sorry to reply to you late. I just got Brian's mail from Verita. Thanks for your referring me to Verita. Once i have more further contact, I will let you know.

PS: It seems that Veritas doesn't offer FREE consultation. Honestly, I
would like to dicuss my case with the best fit consultant first.

Passion for H/S/W,
linjunkai
GMAT Club Bot
Thanks for your help [#permalink]