Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Where to apply? need help [#permalink]
Hi-

If you can manage a jump of 40 points on your GMAT, I will recommend that you wait for a year Buck92 and apply next year. You are not completely ruled out this year though, and your chances at Georgetown and Vandy/UNC are higher than those at Duke/Cornell, however, with another year and an extra 30 to 40 points on your GMAT, you can take a shot at higher ranked schools( Duke/Darden/Stern etc. ) .

Ideally someone like you should have done the early bird for Duke. After the commitment round( early bird- when they expect you to withdraw from other places), they open the gates for everyone. This is when you will be placed right next to the 700's with 4+ years of work experience. Even if I discount the lack of work experience as you can showcase maturity of thought and leadership since you had been working during the Undergrad too, I still see GMAT as slightly on the lower side Buck.

Can you get a GMAT 710? If the answer in your mind is- YES! I will recommend that you wait for a year and then apply. You will be giving them Money, and two years of your life. Wait for a year Buck. You should be able to get better schools.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
What if I can get that score this year? I’m also 26 if that makes a difference. That’s why I don’t want to wait too long

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Go get it then Buck. If you are going to be applying with two years of work experience, try to stay above 720/730. With some serious networking, class visits, and strong research, you should be able to knock good doors in the country. Vanderbilt can probably wait.
GMAT Club Bot