Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 08:57 It is currently 20 May 2024, 08:57
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Sauder (A)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Sauder (A)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1110 [0]
Given Kudos: 1756
GPA: 4
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33922 [0]
Given Kudos: 5797
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Ask ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting [#permalink]
Expert Reply

Top-Ranked MBA program in 2023 – Live Q&A session with ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting

Sunday, February 27, 2022 at 8:30 AM PST | 10:00 PM IST | 11:30 AM EST

Get an early start to your 2023 top-ranked MBA admissions with a live chat session in which ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting will answer all your questions regarding MBA admissions. Join us in this session and prepare questions for ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting experts.

Signup to get email reminder of this chat.

Join the chat here: https://www.gmatclub.com/chat
Send PM
Expert Reply
nj97 wrote:
Indian Male, 24
2018- Bcom. (Hons.) pass out, top 10% in class.
class 10- 8.4/10
class 12- 75%
Bcom.(Hons.)- 71.17%
Work Experience-
December 2018- march 2020- Plant manager at a local Indian manufacturing firm. (revenue 10 million USD)

May 2020- present- Assistant manager- at Indian FMCG company (revenue 50 million USD)- 2 significant salaried promotions- worked as project lead in projects with Indian Army, Parle, Britannia, Udaan, etc.- solely accountable for the preparation of financial statements, performing capital budgeting and finance-related managerial decisions- also, working as a compliance officer with the firm.

October 2021- present- volunteering in Boddhi tree foundation as a teaching faculty- taught 100's of students in mathematics and English subjects.

September 2021- October 2021- Internship- research associate intern at legacy research solutions- preparation of financial articles and dissertation of Ph.D. level.

Skilled in - financial modeling, Excel, PowerPoint, capital budgeting (DCF, DDM models), and game theory.

Applied in Simon Rochester, UBC Sauder, Schulich for MBA programs.

Is admission to these programs possible given a good interview?

Hi Nj97,

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations.

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO. While the school list looks balanced and seems like you might have a fair chance (considering the interview goes well), GMAT can be a catch when Adcom will be comparing profiles at the time of decision making.

In case you are waiting for an interview call, you can share your details with PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.COM (once you get a call) and we can help you with the interview preparation. In case you are done with the interview, do not worry too much about the result, as your part in the application is over: just cross your fingers!

Hope you receive a positive result.

All the best. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks for this interesting information!
Send PM
Expert Reply
n2022gmat wrote:
Hey Experts,

I would really appreciate if you can review my profile and let me know if I should retake the GMAT.

Target Schools:
Dream - INSEAD, LBS, Cambridge, HEC
Realistic - IESE, Mannheim, WHU, IE
Safe - Manchester, Warwick

Profile -

Academics:
- School: 85%+ (almost always among the top 3 in my class)
- Graduation (Engg.): 8.5 CGPA {50% scholarship}
- Post-Graduation - MBA(from one of the top 10 Bschools in India): 3.4 CGPA {Full Scholarship student}
(Studied French for 2 semesters - though not proficient at it anymore but can relearn - had decent grades in this subject)

Work Experience:
- About 2 years experience in a one of the top e-commerce startup in India. (Was among the top performers and worked with some of the leading brands in India)
- About 6 years of ed-tech experience

- 2 years of experience as a product manager (once again top performer - helped launched 2-3 important products that had a positive impact on revenue - revenue growth of 2-3x)
    - 4 years of experience as a product lead (part of the founding team) - global product (worked with international clients, helped grow the firm exponentially - esp. with little to no funding)

Add ons
- Part of student body council during my post-grad
- NGO experience of close to 6 months
- Have a few certifications in data science, analytics, finance (Passed with top grades)
- GMAT - 710 (not planning to retake for now - score is 4 years old though - so, should I retake?)

Goal
- Short term goal (Work as Senior Product Manager for a tech firm - looking to gain international perspective and work with people from different backgrounds/culture) - my previous MBA or my jobs have not provided me with learning or perspective - hence the decision of 2nd MBA.
- Long term goal (Interested in using tech and my PM experience to build my own firm - one idea being in edtech focusing more on K12 helping children gain quality ed tech at very low cost across the globe. Though I am open to other options too - fintech (making lending easy for SMEs).. main point is to leverage tech and product experience to create a global impact firm.
- Want to stay in UK/Germany.

On concern regarding my safe and realistic school is post MBA salary. I am already currently close to $50k in India. Most of these school avg around $75K which is making me rethink my decision about my school selection.

Hi n2022gmat,

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics & GMAT – good academic track record. Additional certifications are an excellent example of continuous learning. You would need to specify the reason for a second MBA in the applications. Regarding GMAT, we will suggest to re-take only if you think you are prepared enough for a 710+ score. If not, apply with 710 😊

Work Experience –The impact of your work is quantified well and your experience looks good. We suggest showcasing your international exposure well in your resume (like working with international clients in your ed-tech experience). With 8 years of experience, UK/EU are also more favorable geographies to apply for an MBA. We would love to see your resume to understand your career trajectory, as well.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Mention more about your hobbies; NGO experience of ~6 months- A good talking point but would really want to know more details about your involvement.

Your career goals - Your career goals look fine as this is a logical extension of what you are doing presently but will be able to give more insights once you share your CV. You can look at the median starting salary of top UK/EU schools here: https://aringo.com/top-mba-programs/.

Well, a second MBA from a global premium B-school will not only boost your salary (or add value to your CV) but also will open a plethora of opportunities, learning, global exposure, networking, etc.

All in all, sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Hello ARINGO I came across your profile and wanted to get your views on my candidature to European business schools for an MBA. Can you suggest some colleges that will help me better w.r.t post-MBA field?

Background
Nationality: Indian

GMAT Score: 690 (Might get 700/710 in re-attempt , please suggest if it makes a considerable difference in my application)
Schools: Open to suggestion for European colleges with focus on green energy/sustainability or the colleges which has strong alum network in these sectors is preferred

Work Experience:
1. 5 years of work experience in Wind Turbine industry. 3.5 yrs with Vestas (danish company, among top 3 players in the industry). Worked at system level to calculate aeroelastic loads. Handled sales team (technical bid manager’s) requests for product customization & wind farm optimization strategies (But no direct interaction with client). After 2 yrs promoted as Technical lead (unofficial designation) for repowering business in US, handled a team for 3 for this.
In last 2 years switched to Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy worked on product development of Offshore wind turbines. This role was more focused on New product development unlike customization focused role in last company.
2. Experience involves load calculation and analytics support to sales team in the form of maturing bids for specific sites. Also worked on developing best practices, identify gaps, perform continuous improvement. As a tech lead for repowering directly worked with Sr. Director (Technical bid management head) to propose various feasible solutions.
3. Strategy projects such as technology implementation into values chain to match needs of post product development activities. Achieved a milestone: to reduce around 2% steel weight for towers.

Academic:
1. Graduated with a degree in bachelor’s in mechanical Engg from Shivaji University. Held first position in class of 2015 (67% Absolute grading)
2. M.E in Design Engineering from BITS Pilani (8.67 CGPA Relative grading)
3. Xth : 86.36% XII th:70%

International Experience:
1. Closely worked with technical bid managers across the world mostly from US, Europe & APAC,where I tried to analyze requirements & proposed optimized solutions.
2. As a loads engg closely worked with teams in Denmark on various projects related to New product development. Worked with Noise experts from Denmark to help sound reduction at sensitive sites.

Extra-Curricular Activities:
1. Founder of Vestas Chess Club , Led Vestas Chess team to 1st FIDE international Corporate Chess Tournament in 2021 . Also member of Vestas Sports club, co-organized various sporting events for a group size of 100+ players.
2. Speaker at 2 international conferences in 2017,2018
3. Published 2 research papers during my Master’s degree
4. Volunteered as M.E Students representative in BITS
5. Cofounded Chess Club during in my bachelor’s college 2011. Also won zonal chess championship in 2012.
6.Member of Indian Climate Youth Netwok

Post MBA Goals:
Short Term: Work as a strategy consultant in a big consulting firm in field of Energy. I am passionate about energy transition & climate change mitigation. So using my past exp in wind industry I would like to consult projects in renewable field.

Long Term: Work in leadership roles at Product companies focusing on UN sustainable goals.
Send PM
Expert Reply
MCBAS wrote:
Hi,
So I recently took the executive assessment test and scored relatively well - 167 (99% percentile) (IR 18; Q 15; V 14).

Would appreciate getting some insight from people who've applied with an EA, or had come across other candidates who had applied with an EA, as to how competitive such a score would be in the applicable FT MBA programs (Columbia; Stern etc.).

As a brief background about myself:

30 YO white male, from Australia (born in Poland)

UG GPA: 92% (Top 5% of my class); Won several academic awards during the studies

UG major: Law (top 3 school in my country)

WE: Lawyer in the field of M&A in one of the leading law firms (BigLaw) in my country for approx. 5 years; Currently working as an IB associate at a leading boutique IB (~1 year so far)

Other info: First generation college student; Moved on my own to Australia at the age of 18 and have lived there ever since.

I've also taken the GMAT (best score - 660 (Q49; V31)). At this stage, I'm less inclined to make another attempt at the GMAT, owing to the intensity of my current job. Regardless, I might submit my GMAT score for a couple of FT EU MBA programs I'm considering (namely, LBS and INSEAD), whilst also mentioning (perhaps in my essays) the high percentile EA score I just received.

Many thanks

MCBAS hi,
Shimri from ARINGO here
Your profile seems very interesting, and although I am missing some more info on your personal background, professional experience, extracurricular activities and school wish list, I really think you have a chance at some of the top MBA programs (Well, with a kick-ass application of course!)

Regarding the EA - congrats! 167 is a great EA score, It's way above the 700 mark. (hard to compare but I spoke to the head of admissions at Columbia who told me they see a 157 as 680... so 167 is GREAT!)
660 isn't a very good score for the top schools, and might not be enough for LBS and INSEAD (I need to see your CV, and understand your gender and nationality for this. as you can imagine, if you come from an overrepresented background, despite living in Australia since 18, the 660 will be an issue)

The good thing is there are quite a few good EA options these days (NYU, Columbia, Darden, Tepper, Duke etc.) and I would apply to all of them... as well as EU schools to maximize your overall chances

Happy to talk further and perhaps work together on some stellar apps.
As always I am on shimriw@ARINGO.com (but, if you reach out, please send me your CV and some more background :) )
GOOD LUCK!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ayushi0212 wrote:
Hi experts,

Please evaluate my profile below:

Target schools: NUS,NTU,IE

Work experience: 10 years
Worked as a retail fashion designer with MNC's like Bioworld Merchandising and Landmark Group
Also worked with domestic brands like Kazo, Aditya Birla group
Last worked as a manager heading an entire apparel category. Basically middle management responsible for entire category product development.

Education: Bachelor of design from NIFT, Delhi
Certificate course from London College of Fashion in Buying and merchandising
Diploma in Business management through continued education from SVKM Narsee Monjee
GPA in undergraduate: 4.0

Extra curriculars: Have volunteered with NGOs regarding underprivileged kids education
Part of the local environment development association
Worked for craft development initiatives in Bagh Madhya Pradesh
Speaker for growth of retail kidswear at Punjab University seminar

GMAT score: 570 (V40 Q28 IR5)
Will probably be giving another attempt before round 2

Can I look at applying in round 1 with these credentials? I am interested in a Full time MBA specialing in marketing

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Ayushi0212,

You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – good GPA. Please include your class percentile in your CV. For GMAT, yes please take the exam again as 570 is not competitive enough.

Work Experience – With the given information, your profile seems to be fine but your overall experience is on the higher side than the class average of your target schools. We would love to see your CV to understand better your roles and responsibilities, the impact of your work, promotions, international exposure, etc.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Actively involved in multiple community works is a good point.

Your career goals - Your career goals look fine and the dots can be connected with what you have done so far, however they are a bit generic and need to be further refined. We would love to give more insights once you share your CV and provide more details.

School list – We suggest considering applying to MBAs for mid-career professional programs with an improved GMAT score in Round 2 https://aringo.com/mba-over-30/

All in all sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Daren65 wrote:
Hi,

Would appreciate any advice as to how to approach the following scenario in my MBA applications.

I'm deliberating whether to include a short 1-2 months of work experience I had.

The thing is that I really wish not to have any background check companies or adcoms contact that company. Essentially I told the company that I wish to terminate my contract with them as the role was very far from the one described, and apparently, they took it really hard and started making some allegations about violations of company guidelines etc. (i.e., that company can screw me over if contacted).

Now, I know that an omission of information could be equivalent to lying/misrepresentation and could potentially serve as grounds for rescinding my offer (if admitted), but would really appreciate good thought advice as to how to approach this issue.

Most people suggest simply omitting this short work experience, as it is not material enough and as there is an extremely low chance that any background check company can find out about it. Regardless, I'm worried about the possibility that it will somehow come up in the background checks (I'm based in central Europe, not in the US).

Hi Daren65,

Well, there is no right answer to this query and both sides have pros and cons. However, we would recommend that you avoid putting such a short tenure in your CV. While it’s highly unlikely that it will come out but you can never be 100% sure.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Dear all,
Please help me gauge my chances of selection at ISB 2023 round of admissions.

Personal profile: Dr. Nishant Joshi, 22 years, male, Indian

Academic background:

10th from CBSE, India: 10 CGPA
12th from Rajasthan State board in PCB: 94.6%Selected through National Level entrance test NEET-UG SCORE- 595/720
MBBS from RNT Medical college, Udaipur: from 2017 to 2022
MBBS average Percentage 65%
GMAT: scheduled in August 2023

Professional background:
Internship : 12 months Mar. 2022 to Mar. 2023 in MB Government hospital ,Udaipur
Total Work experience: 0 months (Planning to join it post GMAT exam, currently looking for early entry options)

Extra- Curricular
*Participated in intercollege debate competition twice and won certificate of appreciation.
*Won medals at college level essay writing, debate competition.
*Participated at college level sports event with 4 gold and 3 silver and 3 bronze medals.
*Founding members of the college literary club, leading a team of junior doctors every year since 2017 to participate in reading and writing activities in the club.
*Founding member and organizer of the annual doctor’s meet of our district.
*Volunteer for annual blood donation event at college since 2018
*Helped manage funds for the student welfare committee.

MBA Plan - MBA in general management with add on concentration in healthcare management

Future plan post MBA: Want to work in healthcare firm at consulting/strategy role to utilize my already available experience in the field and gain valuable insights to build a start-up to provide easy access to healthcare services for patients who belong to poor backgrounds.

TARGET SCHOOL – ISB also open to suggestions about other schools that might fit my profile.

What should be my target score?
What further can be done to be a better fit to the school?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
GRE 1: Q165 V157
Send PM
For ISB the competition is fierce, so a score of above 720 might be competitive in your case. Please let me know if you need to have more information
Send PM
Expert Reply
ellenckh wrote:
Hi,

I am a female from a Top 30 US school with business major, gmat 680, gre 326, and MBB offer. I am thinking of applying to M7 deferred mba programs, but I fear that my chance might be low at the most competitive schools given the gmat score I currently have. Given that I need to submit the application in a little more than one months, which and how many schools do you think I should apply to?

Thank you very much!

ellenckh hi
Shimri from ARINGO here
326 GRE and MBB offer sounds great! (ignore the GMAT...)
I do need to know more about you, but from what I can see, you can and should apply to as many deferred programs as possible, what do you have to lose?
https://aringo.com/deferred-enrollment- ... xperience/

Please send me your CV, school wish list, and any other relevant info to shimriw@ARINGO.com and we can take it from there.

Shimri
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Hello.
I am male from Nepal. I have a GMAT score of 680. I graduated from one of the best (always No 1 in national ranking) business schools with honors degree and 3.74 GPA. I had started an entrepreneurial venture while I was in final year at college and have been running the same since then. I have been working as a CFO and Executive Director. The startup caters to agro and retail industry and have been employing 25 staffs.

For ECAs, I was coordinator of 2 clubs, 1 each in second and third year of my college. I also was elected as the president of Student Welfare Council in my final year. Besides, I conducted the national college festival as the chief coordinator.

For Social

For Social Service, I have contributed in Leo Clubs for 5 years. I left after I was the Club President in 2017. I have been providing entrepreneurship and product marketing trainings to females in different places of Nepal by partnering with United Nations Development Programs.

Originally posted by Ronilsh on 07 Apr 2023, 07:28.
Last edited by Ronilsh on 07 Apr 2023, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Ronilsh,

My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO. You have a very interesting profile! From what I can see:

Academics – strong GPA. Graduating from the top-ranked institute in your country is an added advantage. We would love to know your class percentile too.

GMAT - Well, 680 is a fine score. Since there is still time in Fall 2024 applications, if you think you can cross that barrier of 700- try taking the exam again.

*Work Experience –You have a good and unique experience! We would like to know your total years of experience with your start-up. We suggest preparing an impactful resume quantifying the results, leadership skills, how big the venture is, etc. Highlight international exposure, if any- schools love that 😊. Also, your story should talk about your passion for your business and your plans for it.
*Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Mention more about your hobbies. Strong volunteering work adds more value to your profile.
*Your career goals – We would love to know more about your long-term and short-term goals, need for doing an MBA, etc.

All in all sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34 (Online)
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Hey all,

My experience majorly has been in manufacturing domain (newspaper printing), analytics domain (dashboards, insights, sql, excel) and product management domain

On a side note, I along with 3 friends, started a small eatery as a startup during covid. However, due to mounting losses, we had to close it.

MBA Plan - MBA in general management

Future plan post MBA: I want to make a switch to consulting domain. I am fascinated with the knowledge consultants possess as they get to work with various clients from different industries.

Target Schools - Top 25 colleges, which have high %age placement in consulting domain, in the US

Thank you so much in advance­

Originally posted by panda_fighter on 14 Apr 2023, 10:13.
Last edited by panda_fighter on 14 Mar 2024, 07:07, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hello!
I am looking to apply to R1 for the 2024 intake. I would request you evaluate my profile for top US/Europe FT MBA programs.

Background and nationality:
29 years, Indian Engineer Male working in Consulting sector. Lived for 15 years in Saudi Arabia (though no work per se).

Undergrad/certification information:
Bachelor in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from BITS Pilani with CGPI 7.33/10.
Completed Product Management course on Upgrad from DUKE CE

GMAT:
700 (Q50,V35) - 4th attempt after score plateau of 650. Can plan to take GRE if that helps.

Work experience and leadership:

Total Work experience: 6 years

1) Currently working as Senior Associate in a strategic healthcare consulting firm working with top US pharmaceutical clients (since June 22)
Brief of the role: Lead a team of 2 associates to operationalize the market research studies of top pharma companies for projects worth USD 2+ Mn. Few Initiatives to help the company save/generate USD 1+ Mn. The promotion is due in Sept this year.

Prior work experience:

2) Spent 3 years as a Consultant in an Impact consulting firm dealing with clients— CSR companies, NGOs, Foundations, and Government. Received 3 promotions, one every year.
Brief of the role: Lead a team of 5+ members to execute end-to-end 25+ impact assessment projects across Education, healthcare, livelihood, Water Sanitation and hygiene etc. Led PnL of projects worth USD 15 Mn. Executed data collection exercise across 22+ states of India covering 6000+ stakeholders. Helped the company expands its clientele base. Significant contribution in building team capacity and growing the team size from 7 to 32 members (when I left)

3) Worked as Development Consultant to an Indian Member of Parliament on a 1-year long fellowship program
Brief of the role: Worked on multi-million government and CSR projects to bring development to the constituency. Notable ones such as solving the decade-long arsenic contamination problem, enhancing healthcare delivery services, beautification of lakes, etc

4) 8 months as Senior Analyst at IT consulting firm. Left the firm early because I wanted more functional role and hence transitioned to social sector.

Extracurricular activities/Achievement:
1) Started a social enterprise helping artisans sell their products on e-commerce in 5+ categories with total sales of INR 1.2 Mn in 1.5 years
2) Held a leadership role of being Hostel Rep (part of the Student Union at BITS)
3) Held various leadership roles on various organizing committees of international events at the college
4) Received a Letter of Recommendation from a Member of Parliament I worked with

Post MBA goals:
Short-term: Join consulting firms in the likes of MBB in ESG or healthcare vertical (because of my experience in consulting but in my current role I'm into operations of market research and would want to get into the more strategy-oriented role)
Long-term: Start social enterprise focussed on enhancing livelihood in Indian rural areas (Showcase my commitment to the social sector and combine learning from consulting experience)

Recommendation: From my immediate managers in my current and last company.

Additional point to note:
I applied to 3 schools this March - IESE (R3), HEC Jan intake (R3), and INSEAD Jan intake (R1) - and was rejected in all 3. I believe the GMAT score or essay or profile, probably, was the concern.

Target Schools:
1) Kellogg
2) Booth
3) Duke
4) Ross
5) Darden
6) Anderson
7) Kenan-Flagler
8) INSEAD
9) LBS
10) Oxford
Send PM
Expert Reply
McDuck99 wrote:
Hello! I am looking to apply to R1 for the 2024 intake. I would request you evaluate my profile for top US/Europe FT MBA programs. Background and nationality: 29 years, Indian Engineer Male working in Consulting sector. Lived for 15 years in Saudi Arabia (though no work per se). Undergrad/certification information: Bachelor in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from BITS Pilani with CGPI 7.33/10. Completed Product Management course on Upgrad from DUKE CE GMAT: 700 (Q50,V35) - 4th attempt after score plateau of 650. Can plan to take GRE if that helps. Work experience and leadership: Total Work experience: 6 years 1) Currently working as Senior Associate in a strategic healthcare consulting firm working with top US pharmaceutical clients (since June 22) Brief of the role: Lead a team of 2 associates to operationalize the market research studies of top pharma companies for projects worth USD 2+ Mn. Few Initiatives to help the company save/generate USD 1+ Mn. The promotion is due in Sept this year. Prior work experience: 2) Spent 3 years as a Consultant in an Impact consulting firm dealing with clients— CSR companies, NGOs, Foundations, and Government. Received 3 promotions, one every year. Brief of the role: Lead a team of 5+ members to execute end-to-end 25+ impact assessment projects across Education, healthcare, livelihood, Water Sanitation and hygiene etc. Led PnL of projects worth USD 15 Mn. Executed data collection exercise across 22+ states of India covering 6000+ stakeholders. Helped the company expands its clientele base. Significant contribution in building team capacity and growing the team size from 7 to 32 members (when I left) 3) Worked as Development Consultant to an Indian Member of Parliament on a 1-year long fellowship program Brief of the role: Worked on multi-million government and CSR projects to bring development to the constituency. Notable ones such as solving the decade-long arsenic contamination problem, enhancing healthcare delivery services, beautification of lakes, etc 4) 8 months as Senior Analyst at IT consulting firm. Left the firm early because I wanted more functional role and hence transitioned to social sector. Extracurricular activities/Achievement: 1) Started a social enterprise helping artisans sell their products on e-commerce in 5+ categories with total sales of INR 1.2 Mn in 1.5 years 2) Held a leadership role of being Hostel Rep (part of the Student Union at BITS) 3) Held various leadership roles on various organizing committees of international events at the college 4) Received a Letter of Recommendation from a Member of Parliament I worked with Post MBA goals: Short-term: Join consulting firms in the likes of MBB in ESG or healthcare vertical (because of my experience in consulting but in my current role I’m into operations of market research and would want to get into the more strategy-oriented role) Long-term: Start social enterprise focussed on enhancing livelihood in Indian rural areas (Showcase my commitment to the social sector and combine learning from consulting experience) Recommendation: From my immediate managers in my current and last company. Additional point to note: I applied to 3 schools this March - IESE (R3), HEC Jan intake (R3), and INSEAD Jan intake (R1) - and was rejected in all 3. I believe the GMAT score or essay or profile, probably, was the concern. Target Schools: 1) Kellogg 2) Booth 3) Duke 4) Ross 5) Darden 6) Anderson 7) Kenan-Flagler 8) INSEAD 9) LBS 10) Oxford

Hi McDuck99, Great work experience and growth. Tough break with your March applications. 700 is a bit low for the schools on your list as an Indian male. Your experience and stories can help boost your profile, but should expand your list of schools to include T20-25 schools.

Happy to discuss your profile and school list more - schedule a call here - https://calendly.com/jenifert-aringo/gmatclub

Originally posted by ARINGO on 03 May 2023, 10:08.
Last edited by ARINGO on 03 May 2023, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
sashok98 wrote:
I am planning on applying Fall 2024. I wanted to get some feedback on where I can improve my profile to be competitive at a T25 school.

Background:

Indian-American female, 24. US citizen Undergrad: Top 20 School in the US.

Work Experience:

~3 years in an energy manufacturing company. Part of a 3 year rotational program. First role was a data validation engineer. Second role was a sales engineer. Third role is in project finance (this was a promotion).

Undergrad Stats:

Major: Chemical Engineering, GPA: 3.34

GMAT: 670 (43Q/ 39V). I am willing to take GRE as I've taken the GMAT multiple times and this is my best score.

Post MBA Goals:

I am interested in sustainability from a finance perspective. I want my MBA to help me develop the skills to help companies with determining what technologies to invest in with regards to sustainability and carbon emissions. I would like to work at a bank after my MBA (not in IB or PE)

MBA Targets: Top 25. Dream Schools are NYU Stern/ Duke Fuqua. Aiming for Tepper, Johnson, UCLA, USC, McCombs. Also considering Rice, Vanderbilt, Emory. I am open to considering other schools too.

Extracurriculars: Part of a volunteering organization to help girls get exposed to STEM. Was co-president of AICHE chapter at my school and part of other clubs in undergrad.

I am also between doing a full time or part time MBA. However, I'm not sure if a part time will help me move from project finance to corporate finance. I am considering part time as a work in energy now and can gain some valuable experience in learning about the new technologies that are being developed. If I do part time, I'm aiming for Haas, Booth, Kellogg, Stern or Anderson. Thank you all for your help.

Hi Sashok98,

You have an exciting profile! From what I can see:

Education - GPA seems high (would love to know your position in % in the class).

GMAT - Well, 670 is a tricky score for top programs. As almost all schools accept GRE scores and if you feel you can score better on GRE- go ahead (we have nothing to lose).

Professional experience - I think your current role and work experience are very relevant for an MBA. However, you need to make an impactful resume quantifying the results, leadership skills, etc. Also, your story should talk about your passion for finance and the energy sector.

Extracurricular activities/Volunteer Work – Good volunteering wok. Schools look for a well-rounded profile. Mention your hobbies too.

Your career goals - Your career goals look fine but we need to connect the dots with what you are doing presently. We can discuss this further if we get to work together. Between part-time vs full-time MBA- well, the call is more of yours as it depends on your preference and constraints. However, if there are no major constraints, then a full-time MBA will be more beneficial.

All in all, it sounds like you have a good profile! If you send me your CV and other info on PRIYANKAK@ARINGO.com, I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  70   71   72   73   74   75