Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.4
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools: CEIBS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 474 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Operations, Human Resources
Schools: XLRI GM"18
GPA: 4
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2017 Intake! [#permalink]
Dear all,
Had an interview (FIRST ONE) yesterday. Do they have second round of interview also ? If yes, what questions are asked the second time around?
I have also seen some one write that he had only one round of interview to get selected ?

Regards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2017 Intake! [#permalink]
semwal wrote:
Dear all,
Had an interview (FIRST ONE) yesterday. Do they have second round of interview also ? If yes, what questions are asked the second time around?
I have also seen some one write that he had only one round of interview to get selected ?

Regards.

As far as I understand, there is only one round of interview for HKU.
Current Student
Send PM
smgmat1 wrote:
semwal wrote:
Dear all,

Regards.

As far as I understand, there is only one round of interview for HKU.

HI SMGMAT 1,
Thanx for the reply and Congrats for the admit !!
Few queries buddy, if u could clarify, point wise !!!
1. I have heard in this forum and maybe else where that there is a second interview with 15 minute presentation round ? Any input ?
2. Do they allot u the LBS/ CBS leg as you opt for ?
3. How many days after interview is the result intimated ?

Thanx and regards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks man. My response is in bold.

1. I have heard in this forum and maybe else where that there is a second interview with 15 minute presentation round ? Any input ?
I had just one interview with Sachin and Tom. It was a typical MBA interview; no surprises. There was no presentation involved. Did they ask you to make a presentation?
In the application, they ask you to rank your preference for LBS, CBS, and Hong Kong for the last semester. I think the allotment happens based on the number of seats available. Though I see most people allocated to the LBS leg.
I was intimated in ten days.
Current Student
Send PM
smgmat1 wrote:

I had just one interview with Sachin and Tom. It was a typical MBA interview; no surprises. There was no presentation involved. Did they ask you to make a presentation?
In the application, they ask you to rank your preference for LBS, CBS, and Hong Kong for the last semester. I think the allotment happens based on the number of seats available. Though I see most people allocated to the LBS leg.

Thanx SMGMAT1 for a prompt reply.... I see u have got an admit to several other colleges eg CEIBS, HKUST etc. So whats the plan ? I thought I had a reasonable interview, fingers crossed !!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.67
Send PM
Profile evaluation-Indian male GMAT 680,Total exp-8 years in Indian PSU.

I need some guidance regarding my chances in HKU.
GMAT:680 Q 49, V 34
GPA:3.1 Electrical Engg
Exp:8years in Indian Maharatna PSU NTPC

Achievements:
Was part of the team that completed erection and commissioning of steam turbine in record time of 13months,a project worth INR 450 cr

Formulated a plan to stop barring stalling in turbine leading to annual saving of over 150 cr annually.

Other than my work life i also engage in csr activities of ntpc ,participating in education and swachh bharat abhiyan.

I am planning to start my mba at the earliest so is my profile ok or should i go for a better gmat score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.67
Send PM
Hi everyone...
I wish to apply for HKU Amba, but I have some issues regarding documents.
I have official mark sheet from college and have applied for transcripts, but the process will take almost a month.
Can you guys please guide me as to when I need transcripts and should I wait for transcripts and apply I next round or apply now only as I have my original mark sheet which I can scan and upload.
Please help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: IIMB (A$)
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3
Send PM
Is there any thread for 2018 intake?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
anu8787 wrote:
Is there any thread for 2018 intake?

Thanks for the heads up. Here is a thread for 2018 intake folks... https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1957265
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
pranab708 wrote:
Feeling relieved. Now on to the tensions of managing finance.

Admitted on: 2017/03/07
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 690, Q50, V32
GPA: 3.4
WE: 120 months
Industry: Investment Banking
Invited on: 2017/02/21
Interviewed on: 2017/02/28
Decision Received on: 2017/03/07

Can you please share your interview debrief

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
smgmat1 wrote:

Can you please share your devrief

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply

This discussion has been closed due to inactivity. Please start a new topic in the Business School Applications Forum if you have a similar question or a comment.

Thank you,
GMAT Club Moderator Team.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts