Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 04:59 It is currently 13 May 2024, 04:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi guys. Just got dinged without interview. I submitted around Christmas. All the best to those still waiting to hear back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
How are you guys receiving your responses for both ADMITTED and DENIED? Email or Mail?
I am waiting for a response too.

Posted from my mobile device
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Nrymcn wrote:
How are you guys receiving your responses for both ADMITTED and DENIED? Email or Mail?
I am waiting for a response too.

Everything is email these days. You'll only get something in the mail if it's an acceptance package or marketing material.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tks for the response!
If accepted do you get an email or only the acceptance package per mail?
Just so I know what to expect when I get an email (the response or obly a ding)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 4
Send PM
You get a phone call if you're accepted and then get an email later. My experience at least...
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
dan62287 wrote:
You get a phone call if you're accepted and then get an email later. My experience at least...

Hey Guys,

I will be submitting my application in a couple of days and have a question for you all. I spoke to my recommender and he told me that there are no word-counts for the recommendation questions. His letter runs over six pages :o and I wanted to check with you all on if this kind of length would be OK. I personally think that this is very long. 4 pages should be more than good. My recommender is trying to cite example for questions like "List three to five adjectives describing applicants strengths" Giving examples for all three to four adjectives is making this letter very long.

Any suggestions ? :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
dan62287 wrote:

This is correct. Interview invite is an automated email, dings and wait lists are also automated emails. Acceptances are given via phone call. You should get a call from a blocked number. You won't get an email or website update until after the call, even if you miss the call. I missed the call on a Friday afternoon at work and had to wait until Tuesday for them to call again, I was going crazy.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did the admissions call you or did you receive a phone call from your interviewer?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Just got dinged after interview.

App submitted: 12/6/2012
Invited for interview: 1/3/2013
Interviewed: 1/9/2013
Feedback Submitted: 1/18/2013
Decision Released: 1/28/2013

My interview was fine, no tough questions and pretty straightforward. I clearly indicated my desire to stay in NYC and commitment to CBS, man this sucks.

Should I reach out to my interviewer for feedback? The interview went well, but my interviewer didn't submit feedback for more than a week, and after I sent a reminder e-mail, the feedback was submitted very fast, early next morning...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.9
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
okaymauimike wrote:
Just got in off the waitlist.

Got a call this morning, I'm in. Doing the Pre-MBA World Tour for 2 months for sure, who's down?

Congratulations! Just curious, what was your timeline - when did you interview, when were you waitlisted, etc.? I interviewed on 1/17, feedback was submitted on 1/18, and now I'm playing the waiting game.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.9
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
AspiringTrader wrote:
okaymauimike wrote:

Got a call this morning, I'm in. Doing the Pre-MBA World Tour for 2 months for sure, who's down?

Congratulations! Just curious, what was your timeline - when did you interview, when were you waitlisted, etc.? I interviewed on 1/17, feedback was submitted on 1/18, and now I'm playing the waiting game.

Didn't have to wait much longer. Just got the ding.
Applied: 10/30
Invited to interview: 12/13
Interviewed: 1/17
Feedback submitted: 1/18
Dinged: 1/28

Thought the interview went really well. My interviewer ended things by saying that he thought I'd be a great fit for the program. Good luck to everyone still awaiting decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
okaymauimike wrote:

Congrats!! What was your timeline: applied, interview, waitlisted, etc?
I am also on the waitlist, timeline-
Applied: Aug. 9, 2012
Invited to interview: Sept. 17, 2012
Interview feedback: Sept. 26, 2012
Waitlisted: Oct. 9, 2012
Admissions sent us a mail stating that they will respect the Feb. 1 deadline to notify the early decision waitlisted applicants
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Question for the group:
I sent an email to one of the 3 folks on the interviewer list. He hasn't responded yet (only 2 business days...plus a weekend). His email was not common (it was for a company he started on the side), but on his CV I found by googling him, I found a more common email related to his full time job. Should I forward it to this email, or is that inappropriate? I want to have a great interview, and our backgrounds/interests are very aligned, whereas the other two interviewers work in very different areas than myself.

Thanks for any advice on this!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAGoTimeR2 wrote:
Question for the group:
I sent an email to one of the 3 folks on the interviewer list. He hasn't responded yet (only 2 business days...plus a weekend). His email was not common (it was for a company he started on the side), but on his CV I found by googling him, I found a more common email related to his full time job. Should I forward it to this email, or is that inappropriate? I want to have a great interview, and our backgrounds/interests are very aligned, whereas the other two interviewers work in very different areas than myself.

I wouldnt contact the interviewer through a different email that is registered at CBS.
I had trouble finding interviewers too. Most of them with old emails and no response.
Wait a few days if he doesnt respond try another interviewer. Best of luck!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
MBAGoTimeR2 wrote:
Question for the group:

Hmm, my personal opinion would be to not email that other address. I would think he would know that he receives requests at the email address you were provided so it would stand out if he received it at this other email. Maybe it wouldn't bother him, but he might find it odd/off-putting that you stalked him to get it. I feel like your downside is larger than your upside in that situation.

It's interesting because you want to meet w someone who has similar interests while in discussion a few pages ago people said it might be better to go with someone who has a different background as they would be more likely to view you as a helpful peer vs competition. Don't know which is better, seems like a lot is being read into interviewers, I agree you could get someone who is great or sucks, but my feeling is that has much more to do with their personality.

Anyways, just my thoughts, could be wrong. Good luck with the interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
MBAGoTimeR2 wrote:
Question for the group:

My own feeling is that if I were that interviewer and I got an email to an address other than the one that I originally submitted, it would be just a bit creepy/stalkery. I know people (myself included) try to do research on their interviewers, but to have it that clear and in your face might raise red flags and send a message you don't want to be sent. On the other hand, he could have all of his emails forwarded to one email address, so he may not even realize it. But I'd lean toward not using that email

A bit about my interview experience. My interviewer and I didn't really share much in common in terms of industry and interests, but I actually felt that it made for more natural conversation because she was very intrigued about what my work is and what I like to do. The fact that we didn't have much in common actually served as one icebreaker after another for us.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General , Finance
 Q49  V32 GMAT 2: 700  Q49  V35
GPA: 4
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Private Equity
Send PM
Anyone who submitted on the merit deadline hear anything yet ?
Also, two observations from last years thread - Firstly, by Jan 20s there had been 140 pages of discussion , could it mean that the app volume has further tanked (just putting it out there , I realize gmatclub's thread-length may not be an accurate indication of app volume) and secondly apps went under review before interview invites. Has that happened to anyone this yr ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66   67   68  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts