GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 21:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 72
Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 May 2017, 01:24
2
47
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  45% (medium)

Question Stats:

67% (00:58) correct 33% (01:56) wrong based on 1155 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machine, many travelers will still use travel agents.

(A) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will

(B) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would

(C) growing number of people purchasing plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, many travelers will

(D) fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline execituves are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would

(E) fact that the number of people who purchase plane tickets online are growing, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers compared with automatic teller machines, many travelers would

Originally posted by pmal04 on 02 Apr 2009, 16:50.
Last edited by hazelnut on 24 May 2017, 01:24, edited 3 times in total.
Formatting and added OA
Most Helpful Expert Reply
Retired Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: worked for Kaplan's associates, but now on my own, free and flying
Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 4479
Location: India
WE: Education (Education)
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2011, 22:04
18
6
The first aberration is the use of the phrase the fact, considered crispless in contemporary writing . So D and E are out. The second clue is that we do require the connecting conjunction ‘that’ to be in place after the word ‘convinced’. ‘Convinced that’ brings out the succeeding factor wholly to merge with the text. Only A uses ‘that’. So B and C are out, leaving A as the right choice.

It will be prudent not to get into the nuance of using ‘compared with’ and ‘compared to’, which is not being tested here; please note the right choice uses neither. IMO, neither ‘compared to’ nor ‘compared with’ is the decider in GMAT SC these days.
_________________

you can know a lot about something and not really understand it."-- a quote
No one knows this better than a GMAT student does.
Narendran +9198845 44509

Most Helpful Community Reply
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 84
Location: India
GMAT Date: 10-25-2012
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2013, 02:31
23
4
Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will still use travel agents.


a) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will correct
b) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would Just as....that construction is incorrect. that is required after convinced
c) growing number of people purchasing plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, many travelers will that is required after convinced
d) fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline executives are convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, Just as....that construction is incorrect. that is required after convinced
e) fact that the number of people who purchase plane tickets online are growing, airline executives e convinced that, just as one-third of bak customers still prefer human tellers compared with automatic teller machines, many travelers would subject verb agreement - the number of people...are
_________________

if my post helped you, let me know by pressing Kudos...

General Discussion
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 462
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2009, 21:03
1
pmal04 wrote:
Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will still use travel agents.
o gowing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives e convinced that, just as one-third of bsik customers still prefer hummn tellers to itomatic teller machines, many travelers will
o gowing number of people who purchase plare tickets online, airline executives e convinced, Just as one-hhird of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, hhat many travelers
would
o gowing number of people pu-chasing plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compxed to automatic teller machines, many
travelers will
o fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline executives are convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compa’ed to automatic teller machines,
that many travelers would
o fact that the number of people who purchase plane tickets online e growing, airline executives e convinced that, just as one-third of bak customers still prefer human tellers compared with utomatic teller
machines, many travelers would


Use MGMAT's split and resplit method. convinced that is better than the ones without that. So eliminate B, C, D.
growing number of is better than the fact that the number of. So eliminate D, and E
Answer A is left to be correct choice.
By the way, C, D, and E can also be eliminate with the use of compare to and compare with.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: 2000 posts! I don't know whether I should feel great or sad about it! LOL
Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 1211
Location: Peru
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, MIT & HKS (Government)
WE 1: Economic research
WE 2: Banking
WE 3: Government: Foreign Trade and SMEs
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2010, 13:40
6
7
A ;)
Despite and In Spite of are used for phrases; those fragment sentences in which there is not a verb. Despite and "In spite of" show contrast.
"Although" is similar, but it is used in clauses (in this type of fragment, there is a verb. Example: Although I loved her, I had to leaver her).

I think I deserve kudos 8-)

PS. This link could be useful for you: http://gmat-grammar.blogspot.com/search ... n%20though
_________________

"Life’s battle doesn’t always go to stronger or faster men; but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

My Integrated Reasoning Logbook / Diary: http://gmatclub.com/forum/my-ir-logbook-diary-133264.html

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 359
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2010, 08:21
1
1
B. growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would (misplaced)
C. growing number of people purchasing plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, many travelers will (AKWARD and meaning is changed)
D. fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would 9misplaced)
E. fact that the number of people who purchase plane tickets online are growing, airline executives convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers compared with automatic teller machines, many travelers that
_________________

GGG (Gym / GMAT / Girl) -- Be Serious

Its your duty to post OA afterwards; some one must be waiting for that...

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 13
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2010, 03:36
1
is "prefer human tellers compared with automatic teller machines" correct?
I picked 'A' based on idiom "prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines"
Please let me know if my approacy is incorrect.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2010
Posts: 24
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2010, 01:22
2
pmal04 wrote:
Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will still use travel agents.
o gowing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives e convinced that, just as one-third of bsik customers still prefer hummn tellers to itomatic teller machines, many travelers will
o gowing number of people who purchase plare tickets online, airline executives e convinced, Just as one-hhird of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, hhat many travelers
would
o gowing number of people pu-chasing plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compxed to automatic teller machines, many
travelers will
o fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline executives are convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compa’ed to automatic teller machines,
that many travelers would
o fact that the number of people who purchase plane tickets online e growing, airline executives e convinced that, just as one-third of bak customers still prefer human tellers compared with utomatic teller
machines, many travelers would

I think option A, just because "airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third..." should be the right approach. Option E also has "THAT" but its usage of "compared with" is wrong.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 35
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2013, 07:02
2
Regarding the ambiguity with the usage of 'fact' in the options D and E:

Try to think logically. Did the number of people who buy air tickets online grow or the fact grow??
A fact is a fact. It cannot grow.
I hope that helps.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 775
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2013, 08:33
In the incorrect answer choices B and D " that" is referring to machines and this distorts the meaning of sentence?

Tense is a better split in this sentence will vs would Option A is best!
_________________

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Far, far away!
Joined: 02 Sep 2012
Posts: 1075
Location: Italy
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2013, 10:24
8
5
fozzzy wrote:
In the incorrect answer choices B and D " that" is referring to machines and this distorts the meaning of sentence?

Tense is a better split in this sentence will vs would Option A is best!


No, that's not what happens here.

Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will still use travel agents.

Consider just A and B for now:

a) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives e convinced that, just as one-third of bsik customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will
b) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives e convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would

if you say: the executives are convinced , just as the consumers, that many travelers (...)
you are saying that the executives and the consumers have the same opinion about many travelers

If you say: the executives are convinced that , just as the consumers, many travelers(...)
you are saying that the executives are convinced that what happens with the consumers will happen also to the travelers

The position of that is crucial. In both B and D "that" does not refer back to the machines:
d) fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline executives are convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would
in both B and D, that is part of the construct "are convinced that"<== the big difference is the placement of ", just as (...)" as explained above.

So: yes B and D distort the meaning, but not because "that" refers to machines.

I hope I've explained myself well
_________________

It is beyond a doubt that all our knowledge that begins with experience.

Kant , Critique of Pure Reason

Tips and tricks: Inequalities , Mixture | Review: MGMAT workshop
Strategy: SmartGMAT v1.0 | Questions: Verbal challenge SC I-II- CR New SC set out !! , My Quant

Rules for Posting in the Verbal Forum - Rules for Posting in the Quant Forum[/size][/color][/b]

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 172
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 590 Q40 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2014, 08:03
1
Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will still use travel agents.

A. growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will
works just fine
B. growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would
get rid of the middleman comparison introduced by a comma. Realize that you desperately need a reporting "that" and that in this case "that" after the second comma would act as a modifier of machines. out
C. growing number of people purchasing plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, many travelers will
lack of that before the subordinate clause
D. fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would
the expression as compared to is a red flag; the expression despite the fact is quite wordy whether you stumble upon a better choice; issue with "that" modifying machines.
E. fact that the number of people who purchase plane tickets online are growing, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers compared with automatic teller machines, many travelers would
wordy construction + imho you don't prefer something compared with/to something else, but rather you prefer x to y. We don't really need to compare anything here we are expressing a preference between two things.


A.
_________________

learn the rules of the game, then play better than anyone else.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 20
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2014, 05:12
4
The credited response should be A ....

When we talk about future event and not sure if the future event happens definitely - then we use "would "

When we are certain that the event definitely takes place in future - we use "will " ......

Airlines executives are certain that in future travelers continue to use travel agents .

So " will " needed in the answer choice ...

This in a single stroke kills option (b), (d), (e)

between C and A

C states - Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines,

Using prefer and compared in a single sentence - makes one of them redundant .

so A Wins ......
Retired Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 14 Dec 2013
Posts: 3030
Location: Germany
Schools: HHL Leipzig
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
WE: Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 12:52
2
1
sowragu wrote:

Do the usage of "TO" correct in a comparison in Option A and Option B "just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human
tellers to automatic teller machines
"


Yes the usage of to is correct. The idiomatic structure is prefer X to Y, not prefer X than Y.

Correct: I prefer tea to coffee.
Wrong: I prefer tea than coffee.

In this sentence: Customers prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines...... correct
Board of Directors
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 2657
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2016, 15:25
anilnandyala wrote:
Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will still use travel agents.
a) gowing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives e convinced that, just as one-third of bsik customers still prefer hummn tellers to itomatic teller machines, many travelers will
b) gowing number of people who purchase plare tickets online, airline executives e convinced, Just as one-hhird of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, hhat many travelers
would
c) gowing number of people pu-chasing plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, many
travelers will
d) fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline executives are convinced, Just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines,
that many travelers would
e) fact that the number of people who purchase plane tickets online e growing, airline executives e convinced that, just as one-third of bak customers still prefer human tellers compared with utomatic teller
machines, many travelers would


as per e-gmat, AS+COMPARED+TO is never correct.
C, D
another idiom Prefer X to Y
prefer X compared with - incorrect. E is out. E has a SV error as well.

between A and B
A executive are convinced that as X, Y will use. we have "are convinced" so it is certain..no need for would.
B - since we are "certain" would is not needed. + meaning slightly changed: executives are convinced Just as ...

A holds while B is out.
SVP
SVP
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Nov 2014
Posts: 1883
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2016, 21:59
We do not need to use "the fact", Eliminate D and E
We need a "that" after convinced. Eliminate B and C

Correct Option: A
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2014
Posts: 856
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.98
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2016, 06:25
pmal04 wrote:
Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machine, many travelers will still use travel agents

A) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will

B) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would

C) growing number of people purchasing plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, many travelers will

D) fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline execituves are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would

E) fact that the number of people who purchase plane tickets online are growing, airline executives are convinced that, just as obe-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers compared with automatic teller machines, many travelers would


A) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will. 'That' is required to make comparison between 'preference of bank customers' with 'airlines travelers'

B) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would 'that' is missing before 'just as one- third....'

C) growing number of people purchasing plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, many travelers will 'that' is missing

D) fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline execituves are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would 'that' is missing before 'just as one- third....'

E) fact that the number of people who purchase plane tickets online are growing, airline executives are convinced that, just as obe-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers compared with automatic teller machines, many travelers would 'is' is required with 'the number'
_________________

I welcome critical analysis of my post!! That will help me reach 700+

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2015
Posts: 82
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2016, 00:05
daagh wrote:
The first aberration is the use of the phrase the fact, considered crispless in contemporary writing . So D and E are out. The second clue is that we do require the connecting conjunction ‘that’ to be in place after the word ‘convinced’. ‘Convinced that’ brings out the succeeding factor wholly to merge with the text. Only A uses ‘that’. So B and C are out, leaving A as the right choice.

It will be prudent not to get into the nuance of using ‘compared with’ and ‘compared to’, which is not being tested here; please note the right choice uses neither. IMO, neither ‘compared to’ nor ‘compared with’ is the decider in GMAT SC these days.


Hi Daagh,
The airline executives are convinced that....many customers will still use travel agents.
Isn't this a prediction which involves uncertainty? Hence use of WOULD is preferred?
Can you please help me understand where I am going wrong?
_________________

Kudos is the best way to say Thank you! Please give me a kudos if you like my post

Retired Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 14 Dec 2013
Posts: 3030
Location: Germany
Schools: HHL Leipzig
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
WE: Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 13:08
1
Alok322 wrote:
daagh wrote:
The first aberration is the use of the phrase the fact, considered crispless in contemporary writing . So D and E are out. The second clue is that we do require the connecting conjunction ‘that’ to be in place after the word ‘convinced’. ‘Convinced that’ brings out the succeeding factor wholly to merge with the text. Only A uses ‘that’. So B and C are out, leaving A as the right choice.

It will be prudent not to get into the nuance of using ‘compared with’ and ‘compared to’, which is not being tested here; please note the right choice uses neither. IMO, neither ‘compared to’ nor ‘compared with’ is the decider in GMAT SC these days.


Hi Daagh,
The airline executives are convinced that....many customers will still use travel agents.
Isn't this a prediction which involves uncertainty? Hence use of WOULD is preferred?
Can you please help me understand where I am going wrong?


For beliefs, "will" rather than "would" is used. You may find the following link helpful:
https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org ... l-or-would
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 04 Oct 2015
Posts: 282
Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.56
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 03:08
Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machine, many travelers will still use travel agents.

(A) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, many travelers will

(B) growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would

(C) growing number of people purchasing plane tickets online, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, many travelers will

(D) fact that the number of people purchasing plane tickets online is growing, airline executives are convinced, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers as compared to automatic teller machines, that many travelers would
--> wordy.

(E) fact that the number of people who purchase plane tickets online are growing, airline executives are convinced that, just as one-third of bank customers still prefer human tellers compared with automatic teller machines, many travelers would
_________________

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one - Bruce Lee

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane &nbs [#permalink] 12 Jun 2017, 03:08

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 31 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.