Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q46 V49
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
bb : Since we cannot cancel the score if we take the online GMAT, will it be shown in the score report?
EX- If I give the GMAT at the test centre after attempting online GMAT, will my score report have the online GMAT score when I send it to the university?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
anmoldps wrote:
bb : Since we cannot cancel the score if we take the online GMAT, will it be shown in the score report?
EX- If I give the GMAT at the test centre after attempting online GMAT, will my score report have the online GMAT score when I send it to the university?

In the webinar that ran fine, they mentioned it very quickly and I haven’t been able to listen to a recording (recording not yet available) so I would listen to recording when it becomes available to verify but here is what I think I heard: it seems the GMAT online system is separate and so for a while if you take the online test, it won’t show up with your offline scores but down the road they will integrate the systems. That’s what I think I heard but they said it too fast...

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1813 [0]
Given Kudos: 763
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
bb wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Here's the link to the Manhattan GMAT OnVue whiteboard simulator: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/blog ... at-online/

Awesome. Thank you Manhattan GMAT!!!!
Glad to hear they got it built!!! We can try practicing! You do NOT need to buy CAT's - you can practice it from the MGMAT account page OR You can try one out here:

-

Something similar is what i make on paint app or on sketchpad using trackpad/dell-mouse.
Also, I observed that it is difficult to write in lowercase which is what most would do.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
cptholt wrote:
Saw this in the comments section of Official GMAT Instagram page. Maybe, there will be some announcements on the whiteboard next week.

To be honest, it seems to be that they will post some info next week on how to use a online whiteboard or maybe include a instructional video on their page or make the tool available for practice for people. The best thing to do right now is to like/share the post such as OP's post in the instagram screenshot above wherever we find them. The more noise we create the more pressurized they will be to do something about it. Thats our best bet right now!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 3160
Send PM
Just my opinion, I believe that the online whiteboard has one major pro: It would be extremely beneficial when it comes to taking notes for CR and RC questions as you can type text and would be easier to keep track of the argument/essay.

But using the online whiteboard for quant section might be a bit tricky to get used of it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Yale '23 (S)
Send PM
will the test taker of the online GMAT be allowed to use a stylus for the digital scratchpad? that would definitely be relatively more convenient.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
maxsmi wrote:
Does anyone know if we are allowed to use earplugs during the exam?

maxsmi No. Not even headphones.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
surbhibhavsar wrote:
will the test taker of the online GMAT be allowed to use a stylus for the digital scratchpad? that would definitely be relatively more convenient.

surbhibhavsar

You cannot use a stylus or a digital scratchpad. You are allowed to use only a mouse/touchpad connected to a USB device.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Does that mean no bluetooth/wireless mouse also? Sorry can't find that info anywhere
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Andreacesare wrote:
Guys, I keep checking the GMAC website for updates, and I cannot find references to the online whiteboard anymore. It looks like they removed statements about it.

Is it just me, or can anybody confirm it?

I can't find it either. Trying not to get my hopes up
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
xJudas wrote:
Andreacesare wrote:
Guys, I keep checking the GMAC website for updates, and I cannot find references to the online whiteboard anymore. It looks like they removed statements about it.

sorry guys, the comment is still online: www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/prepare-f ... nvironment
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
maxsmi wrote:
xJudas wrote:
Andreacesare wrote:

sorry guys, the comment is still online: https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/pr ... nvironment

Only if you use the url tho. It still isn't there on the tab to the left. Could mean absolutely nothing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '20 (A$)
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM

Should you take the ‘Online GMAT?’

Recently, the ‘online version’ of GMAT was announced: a temporary measure to deal with unprecedented situations surfaced as a result of the Coronavirus crisis. With this, you can take the GMAT from the comfort of your homes. Should you go ahead with this option?

PROs:
• The attempt won’t be counted towards your yearly and lifetime limits.
• The fee has been reduced to $200.
• Good option for those who need a score urgently for their Round 3 applications.

CONs:
• No scratch paper can be used (online whiteboard to be used instead).
• No unofficial scores right after you finish the exam. Formal scores to be sent to you within 7 days.
• You can’t cancel the scores once you receive them.
• Technical glitches a potential concern.
• Only one 5 min break allowed.

Most people would agree that doing calculations on an online tool would be significantly challenging. Also, if the scores of this online exam are included in the entire history of attempts, some may not be comfortable with lower scores being reflected in their test history even when schools mostly look at the highest scores. However, since the attempt is not being counted in the quota of attempts, one can go ahead if one requires scores urgently for impending applications. Those who feel that they are at the peak of their performance levels may also want to undertake the exam.
Note: Aspirants may also make use of the excellent opportunity wherein many B-schools have exempted the requirements of GMAT for their applications in the current rounds (especially folks who are not so great at performing well in exams but have a good profile otherwise).

Please feel free to PM for more details/advice.

Mohit Geat
Admissions Consultant & GMAT Coach
ISB C020 Rank 1

Originally posted by MohitGeat on 18 Apr 2020, 05:29.
Last edited by MohitGeat on 25 May 2020, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I do think that GMAC would be wise to anticipate that a dropped internet connection or computer crash / electricity outage is something that is likely to happen during the exam. (Though an electricity outage isn't necessarily a problem for a well-charged laptop, it would obviously sever the internet connection.) By the time my connection got dropped for the 5th or 6th time on the At-Home GRE, I realized that a wired, reliable, fast internet connection is key to maintaining your momentum on the exam, and to not having what should be a 3 or 4-hour test turn into a 5 or 6-hour slog.

With regard to cheating prevention, dropped connections / computer reboots are more of a potential problem on the GRE, where a cheater could look at all the questions, intentionally sever the internet connection or turn off the computer, solve the questions with help, then log back into the test and answer them correctly. The fact that the GMAT only lets you see one question at a time (and you can't go back) would make this less of an issue.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Hi i am just new to GMAT, I wanted to take GMAT in may (online exam). I did a first ever practice test today without white board and I had no idea what was going on in the Exam and could you believe it I scored only 250, I am feeling disgraced I am sure I am not that stupid since i have Msc and Bsc degrees already. Any help what i should do now? I have already booked my exam. I am worried.

Summary in verbal 19 Questions incorrect out of 36
Quant 20 Questions incorrect out of 31
IR 10 Questions incorrect out of 12

PS: I already have a conditional admission letter from university and have already paid the commitment fee
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
When I look at “my account” on Mba’s website, the dashboard shows that I have no reservations for online gmat or regular gmat appointment (even though I’m signed up for 1 of each and have received confirmation emails for both). Also getting an “invalid payload” error when I try to register for an exam.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 618
GRE 1: Q165 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V163

GRE 3: Q170 V163
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Bhavz10 wrote:
Guys a question. GMAC has said we can take the online GMAT all through June 15. Does that mean even if lockdown opens and centres also reopen we won’t be able to take the traditional GMAT in the centres physically?

Or is the online GMAT just an extended cautionary measure taken by GMAC to make it available till Mid June?

I really hope things start opening up post the lockdown
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  70   71   72   73   74  ...  183