Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 14:14 It is currently 07 May 2024, 14:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73104 [1]
Given Kudos: 18936
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2420 [2]
Given Kudos: 273
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
sweetlyimproved wrote:
CruisingAltitude wrote:
Has anyone gotten actual confirmation that we can take advantage of the two test loophole if you haven't taken it yet? If i take the online test tomorrow(the 10th), will i be able to take it at some point later in June again with the whiteboard?

Great question. Any one knows about this answer?

Unfortunately this is impossible to specifically confirm without direct, explicit confirmation from GMAC, because you can’t register for the next online exam for another two weeks or so--and it's unlikely that we will receive such confirmation in time to decide.

You’ll just have to take that chance, as the clock is currently ticking and there is only one more test day left, but as far as I’m concerned, you’re covered under the current language on the website.

I’ll say one more time what I’ve been saying all along: that there is zero language on the GMAC website indicating that the date of registration has anything to do with whether one will be allowed a retake after the switch to the physical whiteboard on June 11.

You'll have to wait another two weeks or so after your first (non-whiteboard) test date before even registering the physical whiteboard exam, however--the (unannounced) roughly two weeks required duration between online exams seems to apply to the registration process as well as to the test dates themselves.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73104 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you again! I have put many of your points here:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 26346.html

Dizzi3 wrote:
Hi All,

I just completed my GMAT Online test! What a stressful time. I'll take you all through it as I was super curious.

Prior to the exam date, the system test did not work for me. I was in isolation due to moving back up to Canada and only had rural LTE network wifi which isn't good enough for the OnVue. It kept saying "You have lost your internet connection. OnVue is disabled until your connection is restored" every time I tried to do the sytem check 20-30 seconds after running the program. This was due to it not liking my LTE network I believe. When I called for support, they said I could figure it out during my exam time. I said F that and rented a hotel for my testing time (I checked the system test at the hotel prior).

During the exam, you follow the instructions on the email they send you. I almost had a heart attack because the "Begin Exam" link is hidden with a ton of other script to the right hand side. So I thought I couldn't write it at first and freaked out. Then I pressed it and it went through the system check, I took photos of myself, my ID, and four photos of the area around me. It was relatively quick, and I went through the tutorial 7 pages which were NOT timed. The instruction pages are timed for about 30 seconds each I believe. The whiteboard is on the bit that has your video on it, to the right of the chat button. If you press the chat button it alarms a proctor and they get back to you when they see it.

It is very difficult to do math on a whiteboard at regular times, but I thought I had gotten pretty good at it, until I realized that my hand was uncontrollably shaking. So maybe take that into account... I went through the math portion and stretched in my seat before the verbal portion started. Again the instruction page for 30 seconds, and then it jumps right into it!

I then had a break after the verbal and before IR. I wasn't sure if I could use the washroom, so I asked in the chat, but they took a while to get back to me so I said never mind and went into my IR section. The chat is really super annoying because when they DID get back to it, it was during my timed exam portion and it just kept popping up. I accidentally closed it one time before reading what they said and I couldn't open it without then acknowledging the chat again. So if you can avoid it, don't use the chat to the proctor. Just do your exam. I also noticed that after I had gotten a response they were looking at me through my webcam because I guess I was mumbling things under my breath and they said to not do that (in a totally nice way).

I finished the exam and am still shaking even now! Hopefully this helps some of you out. All in all, it was a super stressful thing and I would NEVER do an online exam again. Too many system problems that could occur. If you have a chance, just do it in person. I will now await my score that should come hopefully before 7 days.

-Em
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Hi, Need some urgent help!
I was scheduled to give my GMAT on 15th June (Just before the Spotlight event)

However, my exam got rescheduled for 31st Dec automatically. Weirdly, I went to the GMAT website, and I could see GMAT slots available, from 18th June onward. So I've taken the slot on 18th June.

I have two questions:
1. How many days does one have to wait between a GMAT online exam and an exam at the test center. Can I schedule both in a duration of 10 days.

2. I have already written to GMAC and tried to call the center as well. I am not able to understand. Is GMAT selectively cancelling time slots? Or it's more likely that the 18th June slot will get cancelled as well.

Please help!
Thanks in Advance.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73104 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
You don’t have to wait. You can take it same day.

vinitgianchandani wrote:
Hi, Need some urgent help!
I was scheduled to give my GMAT on 15th June (Just before the Spotlight event)

However, my exam got rescheduled for 31st Dec automatically. Weirdly, I went to the GMAT website, and I could see GMAT slots available, from 18th June onward. So I've taken the slot on 18th June.

I have two questions:
1. How many days does one have to wait between a GMAT online exam and an exam at the test center. Can I schedule both in a duration of 10 days.

2. I have already written to GMAC and tried to call the center as well. I am not able to understand. Is GMAT selectively cancelling time slots? Or it's more likely that the 18th June slot will get cancelled as well.

Please help!
Thanks in Advance.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Thank you very much.
I have one more question.

Can we use the 'GMAT test simulation scratch pad + Marker' instead of the physical white board?

Thanks in advance!!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
We don’t know. Maybe. Likely.... But if you can use it, it will have to be one page so you will have to rip it out and have just one sheet and not the whole booklet.

vinitgianchandani wrote:
Thank you very much.
I have one more question.

Can we use the 'GMAT test simulation scratch pad + Marker' instead of the physical white board?

Thanks in advance!!

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
Schools: LBS '23 (A)
Send PM
One question regarding the online exam - is the proctors video window constantly visible while the test is going on or can it be hidden on the screen ?

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73104 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
AK1307 wrote:
One question regarding the online exam - is the proctors video window constantly visible while the test is going on or can it be hidden on the screen ?

Hi. There is no proctor video window. You do not get to see your proctor... it is very one-sided... they see you and you see nothing...?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
Schools: LBS '23 (A)
Send PM
Thanks BB.

souvik101990 - Would be extremely helpful if you could, prior to doing the online test with a physical whiteboard, check with the Proctor whether we can use a dry cloth to erase the whiteboard instead of a duster? They both serve the same purpose yet I am unsure why the GMAC has specifically disallowed a dry cloth
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
Send PM
souvik101990 / mcelroytutoring

Guys what link did you use to register for the online retest ?

I am not able to find any option link, I had my online attempt on 5th June.

'My account >> register for GMAT online ' just takes me to Pearson dashboard but there is no option for retest.

Please help, what am I missing ?

Attachments

Screenshot_20200610-175622.png
Screenshot_20200610-175622.png [ 262.44 KiB | Viewed 3200 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
If anyone is looking for the whiteboard to buy in the UK, here are two options I found.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... RT07&psc=1
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9308521
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Likely because you can write on it.... but if they specifically disallowed it, what’s the stupid point I am missing here? The proctors do not work for GMAC. They administer multiple tests and have proven to be not very familiar with subtleness of GMAT‘s requirements. Their answer may not always match with the power to say and most often, if they don’t know they will tell you to hold on and they will research it which will waste your time.

BB.

AK1307 wrote:
Thanks BB.

souvik101990 - Would be extremely helpful if you could, prior to doing the online test with a physical whiteboard, check with the Proctor whether we can use a dry cloth to erase the whiteboard instead of a duster? They both serve the same purpose yet I am unsure why the GMAC has specifically disallowed a dry cloth

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hi Guys. I had my online exam scheduled for 1.5 hrs ago and the proctor didnt show up for an hour. There was no chat message or call from their side and at the end I just had to shut down the OnVue window from my end -_-
I have filled out the form for reschedule but not happy with the experience :(
Anybody else faced similar issues?
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2420 [0]

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
blackbirdsr71 wrote:
Hi Guys. I had my online exam scheduled for 1.5 hrs ago and the proctor didnt show up for an hour. There was no chat message or call from their side and at the end I just had to shut down the OnVue window from my end -_-
I have filled out the form for reschedule but not happy with the experience :(
Anybody else faced similar issues?

I know it's a real pain, but you should have just stayed on camera as long as it took for a proctor to show up. Mine took 50 minutes to start the exam--50 awkward minutes of just sitting there, staring at myself on camera in silence.

It's easier than rescheduling, though!
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2420 [3]

Send PM