Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V36 (Online)
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2755 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Top Contributor
sunstreet12 wrote:
bb wrote:
kshankarlz wrote:
If I take my first online attempt after 23rd September does it count towards the maximum 5 attempts in a year? And is it maximum 5 (including test centre takes) or is it max 6(1 online and 5 test centre)? Shud I rush for an online attempt before 23rd to take advantage of the online test not counting in the lifetime counts?

Posted from my mobile device

It counts. Every Test counts after the 23rd as it said in writing that it counts. Why would 1 not count?

Just to confirm, if I have taken 5 in person GMATs in the last 12 months, am I ineligble for the GMAT online "retake"?

5 gmats in one year. they sound mocks rather than real ones. You sound quite rich :D I cant take that many without much gap on account of confidence. can you sponsor my exam :lol: :crazy:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Mayor wrote:
Hovkial wrote:
It appears that changes to the online GMAT have already taken effect outside North America. I guess GMAC rolled out the changes based on local times.

Reschedule and cancellation fees are already in effect.

Can anyone schedule a retake of GMAT Online? (Yeah! It's 23rd September)
I am trying for the last one hour.. Seems PearsonVUE still working on it. No updated link on the page to retake GMAT Online..

No, not yet . I can only see the status of my first online test.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
Mayor wrote:
Hovkial wrote:
It appears that changes to the online GMAT have already taken effect outside North America. I guess GMAC rolled out the changes based on local times.

Reschedule and cancellation fees are already in effect.

Can anyone schedule a retake of GMAT Online? (Yeah! It's 23rd September)
I am trying for the last one hour.. Seems PearsonVUE still working on it. No updated link on the page to retake GMAT Online..

Still nothing (10:00am here). I can only see the status of my first online test.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Quote:
Still nothing (10:00am here). I can only see the status of my first online test.

Did GMAC actually say it was Sept 23, 2020? Or did we assume it was 2020 and not 2021? 😱💩😂

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
bb wrote:
Quote:

Did GMAC actually say it was Sept 23, 2020? Or did we assume it was 2020 and not 2021? ???

That would be crazy :lol:

But honestly it seems that it still hasnt gone live. Maybe they are trying to figure how to monetize it a bit more apart from the $50 increase and reschedule fee! :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [2]
Given Kudos: 162
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Is there any downside in taking the Online Test 'just 4 fun', meaning to see if one can do better than in the test center version? I reached my target score but my breakdown is a bit skewed as I normally scored lower on verbal (V42ish) but slightly higher on Quant (48-49ish) - I was pretty exhausted and nervous on quant so I think I can do better.

Now do schools see the online scores if I decide to not sent them? Because if so, I would definetely be afraid to bomb the online exam because I can't bring on the same 'pressure' now that I already have my 700+ score.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
UPDATE: The mba.com website is a little buggy (probably overcrowded at the moment), but I can confirm that the interface and layout of the "My Account" page has been changed, as well as the way that GMAT Online scores are displayed.

However, I am still unable to register for an additional GMAT Online retake: "REGISTRATION ATTEMPT LIMIT REACHED"

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V27
Send PM
Kudos
mcelroytutoring wrote:
UPDATE: The mba.com website is a little buggy (probably overcrowded at the moment), but I can confirm that the interface and layout of the "My Account" page has been changed, as well as the way that GMAT Online scores are displayed.

However, I am still unable to register for an additional GMAT Online retake: "REGISTRATION ATTEMPT LIMIT REACHED"

Nothing in India yet! Waiting for the release. :(
Tutor

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
OK, I can now confirm that I am in fact able to register for another GMAT Online retake:

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 23 Sep 2020, 10:22.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 23 Sep 2020, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
chrtpmdr wrote:
Is there any downside in taking the Online Test 'just 4 fun', meaning to see if one can do better than in the test center version? I reached my target score but my breakdown is a bit skewed as I normally scored lower on verbal (V42ish) but slightly higher on Quant (48-49ish) - I was pretty exhausted and nervous on quant so I think I can do better.

Now do schools see the online scores if I decide to not sent them? Because if so, I would definetely be afraid to bomb the online exam because I can't bring on the same 'pressure' now that I already have my 700+ score.

Hi. The GMAT online score report is still separate from the test-center score report, so the schools will NOT see your scores. You can take it "for fun" but at the same time, you can take the test-center test for fun any time as well ;-) just have to cancel your score.

P.S. Keep in mind that some schools, such as Booth, ask on their application: "How many times have you taken the GMAT, please list your scores for all attempts" That puts a lot of people in a bind and a debate whether they should disclose their canceled scores or should they play a game and see if GMAC indeed hides those scores. I am not sure if they are asking that question this year by the way. That was the last 2 years. I guess what I am leading to is that may or may not be worth it. However, even if you do get a lower score and report it, likely it will be just fine and won't cause any issues. This season is crazy enough with schools admitting people without GMAT to worry about it. I think schools will have way too much on their hands to worry than applicants.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
The updated language on this page of the mba.com website: https://www.mba.com/articles-and-announ ... est-option

also suggests that equal or lower 200-800 composite scores (aka "total scores") on GMAT Online retakes will no longer be hidden from the test-taker's view:

"After your upcoming second attempt, you will have two scores available in your mba.com account. You will now have the opportunity and flexibility to send one or both of your scores to an unlimited number of programs of your choice, at no additional cost."

This is welcome news, because an equal or lower composite score on the GMAT Online retake is not necessarily a bad thing, especially if the two scores are close (for example, a 750 and a 730, one with a a high Verbal and the other with a high Quant). There are plenty of hypothetical scenarios where one's composite score could go down or stay the same, yet that person could still have earned a personal-best score in Quant, Verbal, IR or AWA, a score that the test-taker would never be allowed to send to b-schools (or even see!) under the previous policy.

Conversely, even seeing one's total score go up on the retake was occasionally problematic under the previous rules. Some GMAT Online physical whiteboard re-takers had issues where their personal-best Quant, Verbal IR or AWA scores were in fact being overwritten due to a higher composite score on the next exam, which ironically had a negative effect on their "superscore" aka "Frankenstein" GMAT score (in other words, their best scores from all 4 sections put together, which some b-schools do consider, on at least an informal basis).

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 23 Sep 2020, 13:29.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 23 Sep 2020, 14:13, edited 12 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anyone have any idea why I can't sign up for another exam? It won't let me post the link but under GMAC Assessment exams it just says pre-approved exams and "you do not have any pre-approved exams at this time"

I was scheduled for 9/3 2:45pm online but it was cancelled for technical difficulties, then took it again at 4:30pm that day. Contacted Pearson since I thought maybe the system would be mistaken to think I took it twice already, and they said thats not the case. Then directed me to contact GMAC but I was put on voicemail.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Even if you have taken it multiple times before September 23, you should still have one more shot at GMAT online after the 23rd. The only other reason I can think of, is that you have reached sure 12 month limit or perhaps you’re not in the right section on mba.com? (Their website can be pretty confusing)

Tutor

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
doogyshadow3 wrote:
Anyone have any idea why I can't sign up for another exam? It won't let me post the link but under GMAC Assessment exams it just says pre-approved exams and "you do not have any pre-approved exams at this time"

I was scheduled for 9/3 2:45pm online but it was cancelled for technical difficulties, then took it again at 4:30pm that day. Contacted Pearson since I thought maybe the system would be mistaken to think I took it twice already, and they said thats not the case. Then directed me to contact GMAC but I was put on voicemail.

The most likely problem is that you took the GMAT Online only 20 days ago, and there is an unannounced period of time that GMAC makes you wait before you can sign up for another GMAT Online exam--most likely to prevent you from seeing any of the same questions from your prior test.

That being said, you can see from my above posts that I took my first two GMAT Online exams only 20 days apart (6/3/20 and 6/23/20).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I have only taken it two times total, so I'm not sure why I still have issues. The unannounced time period would be bizarre, too. So frustrated with GMAC and the process. Any suggestions on what to do or who to contact? I've been planning to take it tomorrow or Friday online and would be bummed to postpone.

Appreciate everyone's help.
Director
Director
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Thanks for the update, Hovkial!

It also appears that those of us who were hoping for an "unofficial score preview" immediately after the GMAT Online, like the one on the test-center GMAT and the At-Home GRE, are going to be disappointed yet again.

https://www.mba.com/frequently-asked-qu ... #question0

I keep my expectations very low for monopolistic organizations. Consumers are at the mercy of these entities.

The "unofficial score preview" may or may not arrive. The proctoring entity and GMAC have to certify the exam and that can be time-consuming if exams have accumulated in the review queues. If a score is displayed immediately and a testing issue is later discovered, then GMAC would have hard time explaining to testtakers. OTOH, the feature can also be implemented, but that would require investments by GMAC. So far they have lagged in this regard.
Director
Director
Send PM
Regarding waiting times for online retakes: I believe that the official site states that a testtaker needs to wait for 16 calendar days to schedule a retake online from the last online test. But testtakers can schedule an in-center test (test at a physical testing center) independently of when they take the online test. Separate waiting times apply to the in-center tests.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  133   134   135   136   137  ...  183