Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [0]
Given Kudos: 320
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.94
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
You can have either OR or AND but not both :-)

snoep wrote:
I was looking for OR in multiple sources, something like below but don't worry about it , if its too much effort!

(Difficulty 500 OR Difficulty 600 ) AND (Sub-Topic A OR Sub-topic B) AND (Source 1 OR Source 2) - can be limited to section

thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
rocky03 wrote:
Can we create custom quizzes from Practice questions (OG verbal, mainly) ? I understand this feature is available on the toolkit app, but the phone screen is not large enough to simulate the GMAT test taking experience.

You can probably take them through a filter in the forums but there is no way to take them in a quiz-like format at this time. Sorry.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [0]
Send PM
yea actually all OR makes sense!

(Difficulty 500 OR Difficulty 600 ) OR (Sub-Topic A OR Sub-topic B) OR (Source 1 OR Source 2) - can be limited to section
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
snoep wrote:

(Difficulty 500 OR Difficulty 600 ) OR (Sub-Topic A OR Sub-topic B) OR (Source 1 OR Source 2) - can be limited to section

You can do that through the forum filters.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-questio ... 93604.html

Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
snoep wrote:

You can do that through the forum filters.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-questio ... 93604.html

Thanks!

You're brilliant. Thanks. I also found advanced search, doing the same. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1322 [1]
Given Kudos: 143
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
bb

I have a habit of reading the threads using "sort by kudos". It's quite often that I attempt a question by clicking on one of the choices and then I click "Sort by kudos" immediately to see the solution, a process that can half way stop the saving of the answer in the error log. As a result, I lose my timer stats and my answer is not saved in the error log.

It takes 2-5 seconds for an answer to be stored in the error log while the correct choice flashes with green several times. I was wondering whether we can reduce the time for that in order to avoid this issue. It would be great if the answer was logged immediately when some choice is clicked.

Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for posting. We have reviewed the system and the conclusion is that you should wait until you see the message that your answer has been recorded in the Workbook. If you don't wait, it will not be :-o

P.S. Any reason you did not join the Game of Timers Competition?

dabaobao wrote:
bb

I have a habit of reading the threads using "sort by kudos". It's quite often that I attempt a question by clicking on one of the choices and then I click "Sort by kudos" immediately to see the solution, a process that can half way stop the saving of the answer in the error log. As a result, I lose my timer stats and my answer is not saved in the error log.

It takes 2-5 seconds for an answer to be stored in the error log while the correct choice flashes with green several times. I was wondering whether we can reduce the time for that in order to avoid this issue. It would be great if the answer was logged immediately when some choice is clicked.

Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1322 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you for posting. We have reviewed the system and the conclusion is that you should wait until you see the message that your answer has been recorded in the Workbook. If you don't wait, it will not be :-o

P.S. Any reason you did not join the Game of Timers Competition?

dabaobao wrote:
bb

Thanks!

Yeah I know that we currently have to wait for the answer to be stored in the workbook. 2-5 seconds seem to be unusually long to store something in the database. Not sure if that's intended. Even if we want to show the blinking of the choices, maybe the code could be re-arranged to store the answer immediately and then other stuff if needed. Anyway, not a big issue. I think it will just be a good enhancement but thanks for taking a look :)

GOT Competition sounds fun but not my thing. I'm sure it will help others in studying and having fun at the same time :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Am planning to start preparing for GMAT and I am the kind of guy who likes to stick with one prep provider so when it comes to Quant what do you guys think about target test prep?
I have time so I can put all the efforts needed but can I ace the GMAT quant with only 100% of target test prep materials.mark you my math is very bad and I have forgotten all the stuff I learnt in high school as math was never my favorite subject. Thanks

GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32941 [0]
Given Kudos: 5778
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi

A rusty Math with you, TTP is indeed a good rated quant course having comprehensive material. Read the review and then decide or get a 5 days trial

https://gmatclub.com/reviews/target-tes ... 85?fl=menu

Good Luck

Rikz wrote:
Am planning to start preparing for GMAT and I am the kind of guy who likes to stick with one prep provider so when it comes to Quant what do you guys think about target test prep?
I have time so I can put all the efforts needed but can I ace the GMAT quant with only 100% of target test prep materials.mark you my math is very bad and I have forgotten all the stuff I learnt in high school as math was never my favorite subject. Thanks

Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos

Notification for Post Deletion Along with a Reason

bb

Recently, I reached around 500 posts. For the past 10 days or so, I've been noticing that one of my posts gets deleted everyday. How I noticed this issue is that my role keeps changing back-and-forth between Director and Senior Manager. I make 1-2 posts and then my role changes to Director. Then I come back next day to notice that 1-2 of my posts got deleted and I'm back to Senior Manager. It would be funny to work for a company that does this lol. Promotion and demotion every other day or so :D

Anyway, it would be good to know which post was deleted along with the reason for it. Imagine you post something on some social networking website or other forums, and then you want to search and refer to that post after a few days but can't find it since it's been deleted by someone (i.e. mods). I don't mean to blame anyone. Mods are the backbone of GC, so thanks for doing whatever you guys do.

It's understandable that the mods might want to delete some posts in order to maintain some quality, but the users won't know why their posts were deleted. Hence, they would continue posting stuff, increasing work for mods to delete those similar posts again. We'll be running in circles.

Also, some posts might not look useful to some, but they might be useful to others. I have talked about that issue before. Anyway, I don't mean whine. This isn't a big issue but kinda annoying.

PS: With this post, I've been promoted to a director again for the 10th time or so :D
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hm... very interesting and helpful post. Thank you and I am sorry about the moderator post deletion. that was likely someone cleaning a very old discussion that was a duplicate (we usually delete posts right away if they are spam or years later when we are merging discussions).

By the way, the timer icon should now be reflected on the topics when you sort them. Do you mind checking if it works for you? (you may have to refresh the site a few times to clear the cache).

Thanks!
BB.

dabaobao wrote:

bb

Recently, I reached around 500 posts. For the past 10 days or so, I've been noticing that one of my posts gets deleted everyday. How I noticed this issue is that my role keeps changing back-and-forth between Director and Senior Manager. I make 1-2 posts and then my role changes to Director. Then I come back next day to notice that 1-2 of my posts got deleted and I'm back to Senior Manager. It would be funny to work for a company that does this lol. Promotion and demotion every other day or so :D

Anyway, it would be good to know which post was deleted along with the reason for it. Imagine you post something on some social networking website or other forums, and then you want to search and refer to that post after a few days but can't find it since it's been deleted by someone (i.e. mods). I don't mean to blame anyone. Mods are the backbone of GC, so thanks for doing whatever you guys do.

It's understandable that the mods might want to delete some posts in order to maintain some quality, but the users won't know why their posts were deleted. Hence, they would continue posting stuff, increasing work for mods to delete those similar posts again. We'll be running in circles.

Also, some posts might not look useful to some, but they might be useful to others. I have talked about that issue before. Anyway, I don't mean whine. This isn't a big issue but kinda annoying.

PS: With this post, I've been promoted to a director again for the 10th time or so :D
Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Hm... very interesting and helpful post. Thank you and I am sorry about the moderator post deletion. that was likely someone cleaning a very old discussion that was a duplicate (we usually delete posts right away if they are spam or years later when we are merging discussions).

By the way, the timer icon should now be reflected on the topics when you sort them. Do you mind checking if it works for you? (you may have to refresh the site a few times to clear the cache).

Thanks!
BB.

dabaobao wrote:

bb

Thanks bb. The timer icon is reflected on the topics when I sort them, so that issue is fixed :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you!

It only took us a year :(

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you!

It only took us a year :(

I don't even remember what this post was for.... Still received notification
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi. I was looking at the OG Directory section under Resources and trying to refer to the 2018 OG Quant Review one but I’m getting redirected when I click on it and I’m not able to access it. Can you please look into this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 1714
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
Send PM
Hi,

Want to upload my ESR.
Please guide.
Regards,
Basim