Last visit was: 26 May 2024, 23:18 It is currently 26 May 2024, 23:18
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 1208
Own Kudos [?]: 1735 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
Schools: ISB '18 (D)
GPA: 3.97
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Director
Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2018
Posts: 754
Own Kudos [?]: 1027 [1]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Board of Directors
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Status:Emory Goizueta Alum
Posts: 3600
Own Kudos [?]: 5437 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 2580
Own Kudos [?]: 1838 [0]
Given Kudos: 763
Location: India
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Doesn't the error log contain the questions you attempted in the past??
Board of Directors
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Status:Emory Goizueta Alum
Posts: 3600
Own Kudos [?]: 5437 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
lnm87 wrote:
Doesn't the error log contain the questions you attempted in the past??


It does. I think the user is asking whether he/she can search for a question to see whether he/she has done that in the past. I hope that helps! :)
Director
Director
Joined: 22 Feb 2018
Posts: 754
Own Kudos [?]: 1027 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Yes, Abhimahna got my point. We can see the total no. of attempted questions but if I want to see the some questions,after 2-3 months, already attempted or not. If search bar is available in error log, then we can confirm that the question is already attempted in past.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 2580
Own Kudos [?]: 1838 [0]
Given Kudos: 763
Location: India
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Raxit85 wrote:
Yes, Abhimahna got my point. We can see the total no. of attempted questions but if I want to see the some questions,after 2-3 months, already attempted or not. If search bar is available in error log, then we can confirm that the question is already attempted in past.

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, correct that would be nice to have when error log is long :)
Presently, we have to search the question - internet or GC search - and get to know.
CEO
CEO
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 2580
Own Kudos [?]: 1838 [0]
Given Kudos: 763
Location: India
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
abhimahna wrote:
lnm87 wrote:
Doesn't the error log contain the questions you attempted in the past??


It does. I think the user is asking whether he/she can search for a question to see whether he/she has done that in the past. I hope that helps! :)

The it would be nice to have a search feature to look for any post within our posts only in error log. OR is it would too less a value to worry about.
In one we can search all the post in gmatclub, which includes posts form others also. The other we have is available in search my post feature.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 15 Nov 2017
Status:Current Student
Posts: 238
Own Kudos [?]: 370 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Operations (Retail)
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37496
Own Kudos [?]: 73376 [1]
Given Kudos: 19015
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
1
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
aggvipul wrote:



Thank you for the suggestions! It is crazy how fast the time flies! Thank you for bumping them up - these are good suggestions!
I will add this to abhimahna 's list of action items :-)
Board of Directors
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Status:Emory Goizueta Alum
Posts: 3600
Own Kudos [?]: 5437 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
aggvipul wrote:



Thank you for the suggestions! It is crazy how fast the time flies! Thank you for bumping them up - these are good suggestions!
I will add this to abhimahna 's list of action items :-)


Thank you, it's added. :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Joined: 31 Jan 2020
Posts: 4435
Own Kudos [?]: 1320 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Probably a common suggestion - but more badges for points!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Joined: 31 Jan 2020
Posts: 4435
Own Kudos [?]: 1320 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
An option to not overwrite incorrect answer choices - when you re-do a question from your error log - might be nice.
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37496
Own Kudos [?]: 73376 [0]
Given Kudos: 19015
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Gmat700Knight wrote:
An option to not overwrite incorrect answer choices - when you re-do a question from your error log - might be nice.



Thanks! I thought we were saving multiple answers and multiple attempts but can you be a bit more specific about what you mean "not overwrite"? What is the use case you have in mind? How would you use this function and where are you having an issue with it?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Joined: 31 Jan 2020
Posts: 4435
Own Kudos [?]: 1320 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Unless something has changed (or has always been the case), if you solve a fresh question on gmatclub (and get it wrong) it appears in your error log as an INCORRECT answer. But let's say that a week or two later you re-take that same question - and this time get it correct - your error log will be overwritten and mark it now as an answer choice that you have correct.

Basically, being able to always know which questions you got wrong the first time round might be nice. If gmatclub has a log of that initial data, it would be helpful if you could see THAT error log.

Frankly, someone could just say "when you repeat a question that you did wrong before don't ACTUALLY re-do the question. Just look at it on your screen, solve it and time it without marking it on the gmatclub timer."

Originally posted by GmatKnightTutor on 18 May 2020, 10:27.
Last edited by GmatKnightTutor on 18 May 2020, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 35
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 169
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hi bb
is it possible to include editing option in the" mynotes "
this would help to have a quick revision when we revise that

May be thought of

Thanks
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37496
Own Kudos [?]: 73376 [0]
Given Kudos: 19015
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Gmat700Knight wrote:
Unless something has changed (or has always been the case), if you solve a fresh question on gmatclub (and get it wrong) it appears in your error log as an INCORRECT answer. But let's say that a week or two later you re-take that same question - and this time get it correct - you're error log will be overwritten and mark it now as an answer choice that you have correct.

Basically, being able to always know which questions you got wrong the first time round might be nice. If gmatclub has a log of that initial data, it would be helpful if you could see THAT error log.

Frankly, someone could just say "when you repeat a question that you did wrong before don't ACTUALLY re-do the question. Just look at it on your screen, solve it and time it without marking it on the gmatclub timer."



Thanks! I was under the impression that a new record is created in the error log but it's been a while since I have checked and played with it. We will check it out. Thank you for the suggestion!
Board of Directors
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Status:Emory Goizueta Alum
Posts: 3600
Own Kudos [?]: 5437 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
Gmat700Knight wrote:
Unless something has changed (or has always been the case), if you solve a fresh question on gmatclub (and get it wrong) it appears in your error log as an INCORRECT answer. But let's say that a week or two later you re-take that same question - and this time get it correct - you're error log will be overwritten and mark it now as an answer choice that you have correct.

Basically, being able to always know which questions you got wrong the first time round might be nice. If gmatclub has a log of that initial data, it would be helpful if you could see THAT error log.

Frankly, someone could just say "when you repeat a question that you did wrong before don't ACTUALLY re-do the question. Just look at it on your screen, solve it and time it without marking it on the gmatclub timer."



Thanks! I was under the impression that a new record is created in the error log but it's been a while since I have checked and played with it. We will check it out. Thank you for the suggestion!


Yes, it is a part of our new requirements. As of now, I don't think we are saving the previous records. This requirement is in the list of pending requirements I have.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 35
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Hi BB other moderators,

one thought came into my mind, while i was solving quesitons.

CUrrent system:
when we solve a question with timer, and when we select the answer the system shows the correct answer along with other statistics, we also come to know our answer is correct or not also.
But, if my answer is wrong then for me the crux of this question is over as i know the answer for this qustion

My proposal:
instead of showing the answers ( correct or wrong with the color coding), we can have a system to just show its correct or wrong, if my answer is correct the current system of display is great. If my answer is wrong, then the system should show only "wrong" and should not display the correct answer.

THe advantage i feel is, for me the question is still available unsolved with 4 answer choices and i can again give a try without knowing the correct answer. THis will really boost the confidence level may be in later stage of the preparation.
Most of the time when we know the correct answers, we just try to arrive at it and the problem looks like, not for me, kind of.

Just came in my mind, you may give a thought
THanks for your patience in reading and for such a wonderful online study tool.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 35
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Hi BB and team
i have a suggestion in the ERROR Log page
if you can include the topic filter in the error log display page, that will be helpful in quickly recalling the error log in the respective area
for eg, i made a mistake in countable and uncountable nouns( usage of less vs few), i remember i did same mistake long back, but it took lot of time for me to find out in the error log.
If there could be a topic filter also, probably would have saved much time.

thanks and regards
Balaguru
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39  ...  44