Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [1]
Given Kudos: 85
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [5]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [4]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [2]
Given Kudos: 295
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: How accurate are GMAT club tests? [#permalink]
Kudos
One peculiar thing i noticed with GmatClub mocks was that

I scored Q50
Any guesses for the number of wrong answers?
2!
Level?
700 !!

I guess this world be a Q51 in real GMAT.

These two errors were at 10,29

But once i reviewed my mock, i understood that i was given lesser 700 level questions.
The other day i scored Q51 with 3 mistakes and this had higher number of 700 level questions.

So i guess it's all dependent whether you're able to push this algorithm to fetch you higher number of 700 level questions.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [1]
Given Kudos: 85
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks Marty, I have been using Target Test Prep for a while now and it has definitely helped my quant. I guess, I have just been committing some silly mistakes in the tests which has dragged my score down.

But your tip is definitely helpful, and I would continue to use this which hopefully improves my actual test results :)

The the scores are really shake the confidence.

Also in verbal - I have never scored above 32 - in any of the tests - but I got all 500 level questions right - which made my gmatclub verbal test come up to 35 :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: ISB '20 (I)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
I got 11 wrong in CAT 1 from Gmat Club. The numbers were 2 7 9 12 15 16 21 24 28 32 34. I scored a 31. Is it fair or it should have been higher?
With 11 wrong that too not together, I expected about 35 35 here
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 477 [0]
Given Kudos: 219
Send PM
How accurate are GMAT club tests? [#permalink]
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi siddharthsinha123.

In my experience, the GMAT Club quant tests are somewhat harder than the real thing and than other practice tests. So, that you scored lower on GMAT Club quant tests than you have on others is not particularly surprising. I did the same when I started using them.

Regarding your scores and what may seem to be discrepancies between your performance and your scores, while you got fewer right on your first test than on your third test and yet scored higher on the first than on the third, as you may have noticed, your hit rate for easy questions was much higher on the first test and second test than on the third one. Missing easy questions can drag your score down significantly. So, the scores that you got make sense given your hit rates on easy questions.

There's lesson to be learned from this experience actually. A key part of hitting a GMAT score goal is to get the easy and medium questions correct.

Anyway, there's nothing really out of line in your scores. The GMAT Club Tests do tend to generate scores somewhat lower than those generated by the real thing, and at the same time, they are great learning tools. So, you can use them for that purpose, play them like a game seeking to score higher, and learn to rock the GMAT like a champ.

Hi MartyTargetTestPrep

These are some incredible suggestions. My Quant Score is always above 48, mostly hits 50 levels, but I'm concerned about my Verbal. Although in practice mode I hit ~90-100% accuracy in CR, In the test it drops, and the same is the case with SC. Not able to cross VA 20 mark in GMATClub test. Are they really though or I'm making some mistake.

In one of the tests, I got 100% Accuracy in 500, 40% Accuracy in 600, 32% accuracy in 700.(~20 Correct) But still my score in V20 :( .Is there anything wrong with the GmatClub test Algo??

Thanks in Advance :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 226
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Can someone pls guide me. I hit a score of 50 in a Gmat club test today. Is that a good score considering the fact that i have roughly 2 weeks left for my exam. Also how accurate are these tests ?
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 822 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92948 posts