Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 21:30 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 21:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Schools: IIM IIM ISB
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q86 V81 DI78
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Verbal Question of the Day Chat Group [#permalink]
How to give verbal/quant mocks I mean is it available in GMAT

M

?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Send PM
Hey Guys, hope you all are doing great. I just needed help regarding this app.

Is there any opt for choosing multiple questions(around 20-25), from, let it be PS or SC or any other section, and answer them simultaneously? Like, NOT answering in the way: searching on tags, selecting topic and then solve one question by one, rather than simultaneous way?

I hope I am able to comprehend you all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 300 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
Shuvojoti wrote:
Hey Guys, hope you all are doing great. I just needed help regarding this app. Is there any opt for choosing multiple questions(around 20-25), from, let it be PS or SC or any other section, and answer them simultaneously? Like, NOT answering in the way: searching on tags, selecting topic and then solve one question by one, rather than simultaneous way? I hope I am able to comprehend you all.

You have to purchase Forum Quiz for that, You can check that out under the Tests Tab.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 103
Send PM
okay so there’s no free option for it then?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Schools: IIM IIM ISB
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q86 V81 DI78
Send PM
You can redeem your points to get Forum Quiz (If you have sufficient reward points - I think it is 49 pts for one month access )
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hey, everyone I hope you must be doing great and your prep must be going as per the plan. I have apperead once’s for the entrance and going for the last attempt. If any one interested for group online study or interested to help us to crack this exam is cordially invited. You can dm us. Hoping for positive respond. 😊
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 644183 [0]
Given Kudos: 86770
Send PM
Expert Reply
Critical Reasoning Butler: February 2024
February 2CR 1CR 2
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Do we always need to weaken the conclusion in assumption?
Verbal Chat Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1622 [0]
Given Kudos: 1680
Send PM
RohitGmat25 wrote:
Do we always need to weaken the conclusion in assumption?

assumption always strengthens the conclusion

winterschool wrote:
Q1. Studies have shown that the number of books read in elementary school is correlated with later academic success. In the past year, local elementary students have read an average of 10 fewer books than the nationwide elementary student average of 35 books per year, while 90 percent of those local students report playing sports at least twice a week. If these students participated less in sports, they would read more books. Which of the following, if true, would most effectively weaken the argument? (A) A nationwide survey of middle school students determined that if given a choice between reading a book and playing a sport, most of these students would choose reading a book. (B) Participating in sports in elementary school has been shown to be as highly correlated as reading books to later academic success. (C) The attention spans of elementary school students do not allow these children to read for as long as older students and adults are expected to read. (D) The local elementary school is in a rural area in which there is no bookstore or public library and internet service is unreliable. (E) Some local elementary school students who used to enjoy reading have said they no longer choose to read books, preferring to play sports at least twice a week. Difficulty - Hard

winterschool wrote:
Q2. Editorial: A new city ordinance would place a health and safety tax on cigarettes, with advocates arguing that the sale of cigarettes poses a public health risk to the citizens of the city who don’t smoke. Smokers’ advocates argue that this ordinance would place undue burden on smokers and is unlawful discrimination. Which of the following, if true, most weakens the smokers’ advocates’ argument? A. It is illegal for the city to discriminate against citizens because of personal choices. B. It is illegal for the city to discriminate against citizens for health reasons. C. Taxes can legally be considered discriminatory within the city’s constitution. D. Taxes levied on non-necessary goods are passed by public referendum and cannot be challenged legally. E. Taxes levied on non-necessary goods are passed by public referendum and can only be challenged civilly. Difficulty - Hard

CR Questions February - 2 :

Q1. Food labeling regulation: Food of a type that does not ordinarily contain fat cannot be labeled “nonfat” unless most people mistakenly believe the food ordinarily contains fat. If most people mistakenly believe that a food ordinarily contains fat, the food may be labeled “nonfat” if the label also states that the food ordinarily contains no fat.

Which one of the following situations violates the food labeling regulation?

(A) Although most people know that bran flakes do not normally contain fat, Lester’s Bran Flakes are not labeled “nonfat.”

(B) Although most people are aware that lasagna ordinarily contains fat, Lester’s Lasagna, which contains no fat, is not labeled “nonfat.”

(C) Although most garlic baguettes contain fat, Lester’s Garlic Baguettes are labeled “nonfat.”

(D) Although most people are aware that applesauce does not ordinarily contain fat, Lester’s Applesauce is labeled “nonfat.”

(E) Although most people mistakenly believe that salsa ordinarily contains fat, the label on Lester’s Zesty Salsa says “This product, like all salsas, is nonfat.”

Difficulty - Hard

Q2. Over the last five years, technological improvements have significantly reduced the cost of manufacturing and operating electric-powered cars. Nevertheless, the cost per gallon of gasoline at which it would become more economical to operate an electric car than a regular gas-powered car has remained unchanged.

Which of the following, if true, would do the most to explain why electric cars have become cheaper to operate but break-even point between electric and gas cars has not changed?

(A) The price per gallon of gasoline has dropped by 25% over the last five years.

(B) Electric-car manufacturers have managed to reduce production costs despite an increase in some raw material prices.

(C) Improvements in aerodynamics have made regular gas-powered cars more efficient to operate.

(D) Relative to the number of gas-powered cars, there are very few electric cars on the road today.

(E) When the price of gasoline rises, more people are willing to take public transportation to work.

Difficulty - Hard
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Hey everyone. Does anybody know how sufficient assumption questions are typically phrased in CR? I feel like I’ve only encountered necessary assumptions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
guys how to approach evaluation questions?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V29
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
SHRAVYA007 wrote:
guys how to approach evaluation questions?

Best approach would be to bridge the gap between premise and conclusion that is nothing but finding the assumption. 80-90% of the time assumption will lead you to form an appropriate question in mind.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Send PM
How do people solve verbal questions in under 2 mins? I am exceeding 2mins even for most medium questions. Can someone share their honest experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
hi guys , can someone help me with verbal part like the resources and the study material to start with

i m weak in verbal part
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
racgt wrote:
hi guys , can someone help me with verbal part like the resources and the study material to start with

i m weak in verbal part

You can find verbal resources in Verbal Guides and Resources

For quant resources and guide check:
ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! !
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread

For Data Insights check Data Insights Forums.

You can practice questions on GMAT Club by exploring various forums:

Hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Highly recommend GMAT ninja’s 13 week study plan if you’re looking for practice questions on Verbal (and practically everything else too). Another tip is to reflect after each practice session and see how you can phrase the question to make it easier for you to understand. After all, Everyone’s brains are wired differently
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Critical Reasoning Butler: February 2024
February 5CR 1CR 2
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  121   122   123   124   125  ...  184   
Moderators: