Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31972 [1]
Given Kudos: 291
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Send PM
The truth about Variable approach from MathRevolution [#permalink]
I just started to prepare for Quant section. First, I began from DS. I heard a lot about MathRevolution Variable Approach and, after some theory, I started to solve DS from OG-15. My opinion is that - it is a good approach for "2 by 2" question types, but in general, it won't let you score more than Q35-40.

I attached a spreadsheet in which two answers are given. Second column - answers using variable approach (from MathRevolution web-site, not mine), and third one - official answers from the book. There is just first 23 of them (first 3 videos of Variable approach in practice from MathRevolution web-site), but still, you have a chance to solve DS questions using VA about 50%. And in which questions VA is a really best or at least good approach, in my opinion, just 7 out of 23.

What do you think?
Attachments

Variable approach.xlsx [9.61 KiB]
Downloaded 158 times

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Math revolution [#permalink]
pacificnw wrote:
Anyone using Math Revolution for quant prep?

Hows your experience so far?

Haven't used the course but honestly, I don't think you would require a quant prep course. The OG and the quant review should give you enough practice for Q45+ (try to get all the sub 700 questions correct). If you need additional, the gmatclubs are wonderful as well. This is more than enough material to score high in quant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Send PM
I just started to prepare for Quant section. First, I began from DS. I heard a lot about MathRevolution Variable Approach and, after some theory, I started to solve DS from OG-15. My opinion is that - it is a good approach for "2 by 2" question types, but in general, it won't let you score more than Q35-40.

I attached a spreadsheet in which two answers are given. Second column - answers using variable approach (from MathRevolution web-site, not mine), and third one - official answers from the book. There is just first 23 of them (first 3 videos of Variable approach in practice from MathRevolution web-site), but still, you have a chance to solve DS questions using VA about 50%. And in which questions VA is a really best or at least good approach, in my opinion, just 7 out of 23.

What do you think?
Attachments

Variable approach.xlsx [9.61 KiB]
Downloaded 84 times

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
thanks for the great info Terabyte.

I think for now I will stick to OG and MGMAT as ashwink mentioned.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92948 posts