It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 14:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Math revolution

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Math revolution [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2017, 10:51
Anyone using Math Revolution for quant prep?

Hows your experience so far?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Math Revolution Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

CAT Tests
Re: Math revolution [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 11:50
I would like to know this as well.

I'm currently using Manhattan GMAT prep, and i'm sitting around Q43 (that was my last MGMAT CAT score for quant). I still have some material that I have not gone through, such as the online question banks and some challenge packages that were provided to me by my GMAT instructor.

Overall, i have improved my quant score significantly using MGMAT material. However, I'm aiming for a quant score of 45+ and therefore debating if I should purchase Math revolution for the extra boost.

I know this does not answer your question directly, but I hope someone who has used Math Revolution can chime in and share their experience.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 58

CAT Tests
The truth about Variable approach from MathRevolution [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 00:20
I just started to prepare for Quant section. First, I began from DS. I heard a lot about MathRevolution Variable Approach and, after some theory, I started to solve DS from OG-15. My opinion is that - it is a good approach for "2 by 2" question types, but in general, it won't let you score more than Q35-40.

I attached a spreadsheet in which two answers are given. Second column - answers using variable approach (from MathRevolution web-site, not mine), and third one - official answers from the book. There is just first 23 of them (first 3 videos of Variable approach in practice from MathRevolution web-site), but still, you have a chance to solve DS questions using VA about 50%. And in which questions VA is a really best or at least good approach, in my opinion, just 7 out of 23.

What do you think?
Attachments

Variable approach.xlsx [9.61 KiB]
Downloaded 50 times

To download please login or register as a user

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 2

GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 00:45
pacificnw wrote:
Anyone using Math Revolution for quant prep?

Hows your experience so far?

Haven't used the course but honestly, I don't think you would require a quant prep course. The OG and the quant review should give you enough practice for Q45+ (try to get all the sub 700 questions correct). If you need additional, the gmatclubs are wonderful as well. This is more than enough material to score high in quant.

Hit +1 Kudos If you like my post! :)

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 00:54
I just started to prepare for Quant section. First, I began from DS. I heard a lot about MathRevolution Variable Approach and, after some theory, I started to solve DS from OG-15. My opinion is that - it is a good approach for "2 by 2" question types, but in general, it won't let you score more than Q35-40.

I attached a spreadsheet in which two answers are given. Second column - answers using variable approach (from MathRevolution web-site, not mine), and third one - official answers from the book. There is just first 23 of them (first 3 videos of Variable approach in practice from MathRevolution web-site), but still, you have a chance to solve DS questions using VA about 50%. And in which questions VA is a really best or at least good approach, in my opinion, just 7 out of 23.

What do you think?
Attachments

Variable approach.xlsx [9.61 KiB]
Downloaded 22 times

To download please login or register as a user

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 18:58
thanks for the great info Terabyte.

I think for now I will stick to OG and MGMAT as ashwink mentioned.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Math Expert
P

Kudos [?]: 5855 [1], given: 117

Re: The truth about Variable approach from MathRevolution [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 21:12
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Terabyte wrote:

What do you think?

Hi,

Nothing against any particular approach, so I'll talk in general what one should do.

My two cents..
1) Noone makes math Q, keeping some approach in mind. If few Q do get solved by one method, remember PROBABILITY. By probability you should be able to solve 5 Q without any approach. 5choices and 23 Q, probability of getting Correct --23/5 nearly 5Qs.
2) you should use proper method to answer. Or use logical approach to get to answer or ATLEAST home on to just two choices out of 5.
Example...
An equation 2x+y=7, where x and y are integers, should tell you that y is Odd and thus you can eliminate even integer as choices.
3)even if someone can answer 50% by a particular approach, an approach that has no sound reasoning, there is no way to know which 50% are those. It will be suicidal to go into exam knowing you can do only 50% correct at the max.

My advice..
Learn proper method and work on one's weak areas.
Work on alternate LOGICAL methods, which have sound reasoning..

Absolute modulus :http://gmatclub.com/forum/absolute-modulus-a-better-understanding-210849.html#p1622372
Combination of similar and dissimilar things : http://gmatclub.com/forum/topic215915.html

Kudos [?]: 5855 [1], given: 117

Re: The truth about Variable approach from MathRevolution   [#permalink] 04 May 2017, 21:12

Math revolution

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap