Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey Yesh,

As I had mentioned, your entrepreneurial experience is interesting. You have mentioned that your start-up is picking pace ; this can be used as a differentiating factor and can compensate for other profile weakness if portrayed properly.
Secondly, I would also suggest that you target a mix of schools with and without a mandatory GMAT requirement for the application. A lot of prominent MSc programs do not need a mandatory GMAT, you can check out the list here: https://www.mim-essay.com/business-scho ... uire-gmat/
ESSEC, EDHEC, Grenoble, UCD, TCD are some options that you can look into.
Lastly about the LOR, the reputation of the professors is not as important as the kind of professional relationship that you have shared with them.
An LOR is the UNDER-DOG of the application, it is the ONLY DOCUMENT that gives the adcom a THIRD PERSPECTIVE of your candidature and is super-important.
This is one of the most common mistakes applicants make - getting LORs from reputed names in the industry without sharing an extensive working relationship with them.
Here is the 101 on choosing recommendors:
- He/She should have worked with you for a considerable amount of time ( Try for a min of 4+ months)
- He/She should have closely worked with you and should know you enough to talk about your personal attributes

So, if you have worked intensively Dean over a considerable period of time, it will definitely add value. If not, you should look for someone who fits the above description of a recommendor.

Hope this helped :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
My target schools for MIM are St Gallen, Hec, ESSEC , ESCP, etc...
I am pursuing Bachelor of Commerce from Hindu College( one of the best colleges in the country). Cgpa is 8/10 ( will improve in my next semester.

Certifications- Cleared FRM( Financial risk Manager level1)
Will attempt CFA level 1 in December. Knowledge of German till A2.

Experience- Done a 4 month finance internship based on technical analysis( options, futures amd strategies)
Planning to do another two month internship in june/july.

GMAT- preparation in full flow. Will take the attempt in july. Targetting 720+

Extracurriculars- Founder/Manager of Traders for tomorrow club in college, conducted debates on trending topics- Bitcoin bubble, US-CHINA trade wars, organised cultural events.

Working on my social impact towards the society...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello everyone

My profile when applied last year is as follows, got rejected from hec and lbs

Nationality - Indian
BBA - 63% BIT Mesra 2014-2017
Completed CIMA with scoring top marks in management level and in one subject of strategic level
GMAT -720
IELTS - 7.5
Extra curricular activities are as follows
District level chess & cricket ( No certification ) certification provided on winning
Played table tennis at national level ( No certification ) certification provided on winning
Guitarist grade 8

# After failing to get and admit, enrolled in cfa

CFA level one cleared last december (70% plus in 7 topics)
CFA level two given this june

Schools targeting are HEC, LBS, IE, ESADE & DUKE FUQUA
SVP
SVP
Send PM
MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey enviousfox,
Congratulations for clearing CFA level 1 :)
It is great that you have taken corrective actions after missing out on your target schools during the previous application season.
Here is a brief analysis on your profile along with a brief on why you might have missed out on your target schools:
- While a 720 is a great GMAT Score, schools look at overall profile to make the decision. Now, both LBS and HEC are notorious for recruiting from only the Top UG collages of the applicants country (Eg:IITs, NITs in this case). While BIT Mesra has a good ranking in India, it still falls behind the cohort of colleges that these schools prefer . The GPA is also slightly on the lower side - which can be an issue for LBS ( UK schools are much more stringent about academic scores than French Schools).
Lastly, remember that Adcoms are more interested in impact created rather than participation, hence somewhere the extra-curriculars are lacking in quantifiable achievements.
Now, it is not that these elements cannot be compensated for - No applicant has the perfect profile so it does come down to how you can showcase that you are above and beyond your profile weaknesses ( Eg: Even if you have not won an event/tournament , you can showcase how this experience was instrumental in helping you grow and how the growth was in turn instrumental in helping you reach the decision of getting a masters degree in management - This is just an overview, a lot of brainstorming will be required to frame this).
I see that you are targeting a heterogeneous mix of schools this time and that's a good strategy.
To know more about your selection chances in this set, I would strongly suggest you to take up an in-depth profile evaluation once again.
70% of your selection chances depend upon your profile and 30% depends upon your application. This profile evaluation is designed to analyse your chances across all these metrics : https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf
Do check it out and let me know if it helped!

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 08 Jul 2019, 00:24.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 31 Oct 2019, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Abhyank wrote:
Hey enviousfox,
Congratulations for clearing CFA level 1 :)
It is great that you have taken corrective actions after missing out on your target schools during the previous application season.
Here is a brief analysis on your profile along with a brief on why you might have missed out on your target schools:
- While a 720 is a great GMAT Score, schools look at overall profile to make the decision. Now, both LBS and HEC are notorious for recruiting from only the Top UG collages of the applicants country (Eg:IITs, NITs in this case). While BIT Mesra has a good ranking in India, it still falls behind the cohort of colleges that these schools prefer . The GPA is also slightly on the lower side - which can be an issue for LBS ( UK schools are much more stringent about academic scores than French Schools).
Lastly, remember that Adcoms are more interested in impact created rather than participation, hence somewhere the extra-curriculars are lacking in quantifiable achievements.
Now, it is not that these elements cannot be compensated for - No applicant has the perfect profile so it does come down to how you can showcase that you are above and beyond your profile weaknesses ( Eg: Even if you have not won an event/tournament , you can showcase how this experience was instrumental in helping you grow and how the growth was in turn instrumental in helping you reach the decision of getting a masters degree in management - This is just an overview, a lot of brainstorming will be required to frame this).
I see that you are targeting a heterogeneous mix of schools this time and that's a good strategy.
To know more about your selection chances in this set, I would strongly suggest you to take up an in-depth profile evaluation once again.
70% of your selection chances depend upon your profile and 30% depends upon your application. This profile evaluation is designed to analyse your chances across all these metrics :https://info.mim-essay.com/forums-pe
Do check it out and let me know if it helped!

Thanks abhyank for the input. Lse and imperial demand 75% from indian candidate but nothing like this is given on lbs site. Given the visa problem in UK, should I be applying. French school and Spanish school like ie, hec & insead do they pose a global image. Regarding extracurricular, I don't understand the impact part, as in impact on my life or somewhere else. Can low cgpa be countered by high GMAT. I can try to score 750+

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
I am indian undergraduate student.

Bachelor of management studies major in finance from mumbai University ( cgpa. 8).
HSC from State board with 74%.
SSC from State board with 77%.

Frm exam 1
Corporate finance from columbia business school through edx.

Gmat: 720.

TECHNICAL SKILLS; Windows,C,C#.

AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS;
2nd prize in ad-mad for the topic : mutual fund.
Participated in various sports.
Volunteering in national service scheme.
Volunteer of local ngo.
Various certifications related to maths in school days.

3 months internship in iifl indian financial company.

Language;
Hindi
Marathi
English
French A2 level

What are my chances in top 15 mim universities ?

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey Yash9694,

Well, you have a fairly decent Profile, as you belong to a quite nationally renowned college it will be definitely is an add on to your application.

Your FRM certification sets you apart in the global marketplace and can act as the bedrock for a good application.Also, your CFA level 1 tag will be an add-on to your profile, and will definitely provide a positive impact to the selectors. They both can be collectively used to showcase your long term goals make sure you properly showcase it in your essay as well.

Proficiency in German languages will help you in your after-graduation jobs if you are planning to target German Universities as it will widen your career options and opportunities.

Your internship experience with a financial field is also a valuable asset to your application. However, the schools are interested in impact rather than just participation. So make sure to highlights projects and make sure you include the skills you developed during that time.

Your CGPA quite fair, though still try to work a little harder on it, as it would help you run out some of the competition at initial application screening.

With a GMAT score of 720+, you can easily aim for top 10 MiM Universities including your targeted one, so make sure to remain as close as you can to your targeted score.
As for your target schools St Gallen, Hec, ESSEC, ESCP are among the top schools for MiM programs but also are quite competitive so make sure that you spend enough time perfecting your Essay and application.

Once you are done with your CFA and GMAT score, I would suggest you to take this profile evaluation to get a better idea about your chances at your target schools and other top universities with your updated profile: https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 02 Sep 2019, 16:18.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 31 Oct 2019, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hello!

I am planning to apply for MIM for the term of fall 2020.

My profile is as follows

GMAT - 680 , Q-48, V- 35

Undergraduate education- bachelors in mechanical engineering( 2018) Pune University - total 4 years = 61%, with upward trend in the last 2 years.

Extracurricular activities -

1. Led a event in the college fest
2. Have attended various leadership courses ( online and offline).
3. Attended summer program at UBC , Vancouver with courses in Marketing strategy and organisational behaviour.(3 credits each)
4. Used to teach underprivileged kids in a small school near college with friends ( nothing official though).

Work - During college , I have done part time at my fathers company. Have undertaken projects such has developing standard operating procedures , making a solid review apparatus for sales people.
I have been working at my father's company full time after returning from UBC ( sept 2018- current) . After my joining we have diversified by including new products and I have taken full responsibility of business development of that product, with 2 engineers under me. My new product line has directly resulted in a increase of around 1/2 million dollars in the turnover.

Hoping to apply for MIM in Duke Fuqua , Michigan Ross , Texas A&M ,University of Maryland.

or for MBA in UBC, foster , Tamu, Kelly , rotman.

Please evaluate my profile

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey Parthkulkarni29,
Well, you have a pretty decent profile.
With a score of 680, GMAT is fair.

Your international exposure can add value to your application since this is one of the aspects that B-schools are looking for.
Honestly, as far as leadership courses are concerned, they only add a marginal value to your profile. What matters more is how you have applied the leadership lessons- such as leading the business development of your father's company. So highlight the instances of leadership.

Social Volunteering, is a good point to highlight - Even if it was not official, try to elaborate the initiatives taken in your essays.
You have done some credible work in the last 2 years in your father's company such as introducing new products in the company and increasing the turnover substantially.
You can draw special attention on this to make your application stronger. Try to build a strong story by linking such achievements and your long term goals.

About the choice of schools, Duke and Michigan come under dream schools whereas Texas A&M and University of Maryland are upper-competitive. With a strong application, your profile is realizable to apply for the top 10 MiM programs. However, a better strategy would be to target 4-6 schools and segregate them into dream, competitive and safe.

I can help you segregate schools into dream, competitive and safe once I get a clear picture of your profile for which you can take our Profile Evaluation.
https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

It would be a great help if you could help me by suggesting some schools and my chances of securing a seat in some Dream/Competitive schools by having a look on my profile.

Education
Pursuing graduation from Mumbai University
Course - Bachelor in Management Studies - Marketing specialization
Current GPA of 4 semesters - 3.32 out of 4 (Calcualted using Esade's blog method)
Would be appearing for my last 2 semesters this academic year.

Professional Experience
1) 2 month of Internship and 3 months Freelancing in the feild of Social Media Marketing and Content Marketing
Organisation - Poncho Hospitality Pvt Ltd
Brands - BOX8 and Mojo Pizza

2) 6 months of Internship in Core marketing and Digital Marketing
Organisation - Viacom18 Pvt Ltd
Brand - MTV India

Extra Curricular and Co Curricular activities

1) 7 day Certification course faciliated by HRD Ministry of India, Conducted by Global Institute of Academic Networks at IIT Madras.
Subject of study - Digitized Business : The Innovation Challenge of next Decade.
Professor- Richard Watson, Terry college of Business ; University of Georgia.

2) Certification Course in Microsoft Advance Excel.

3) Best presenter at National Level Research Conference and won Rs. 3000 as cashprize.
Subject of Study - Effects of Social Media on Marketing.

4) Volunteer in a National Level College cultural festival - Chakrawuha 2018.

5) Marketing head and Content Curator of BMS+1 club at my college.

6) Won events at multiple management and cultural festivals across colleges in Mumbai.

I am targeting schools
1) ESCP - Msc in marketing and creativity ( need min 18 months of Professional experience and I have 11 so i have to invest min of 7 months more in experience)

2) Esade - Msc in Marketing

3) Imperial College - Msc in marketing and Strategy

It would be a great help if you could suggest more schools who would fit with my profile.

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Ayansharma wrote:
Hi all,

It would be a great help if you could help me by suggesting some schools and my chances of securing a seat in some Dream/Competitive schools by having a look on my profile.

Education
Pursuing graduation from Mumbai University
Course - Bachelor in Management Studies - Marketing specialization
Current GPA of 4 semesters - 3.32 out of 4 (Calcualted using Esade's blog method)
Would be appearing for my last 2 semesters this academic year.

Professional Experience
1) 2 month of Internship and 3 months Freelancing in the feild of Social Media Marketing and Content Marketing
Organisation - Poncho Hospitality Pvt Ltd
Brands - BOX8 and Mojo Pizza

2) 6 months of Internship in Core marketing and Digital Marketing
Organisation - Viacom18 Pvt Ltd
Brand - MTV India

Extra Curricular and Co Curricular activities

1) 7 day Certification course faciliated by HRD Ministry of India, Conducted by Global Institute of Academic Networks at IIT Madras.
Subject of study - Digitized Business : The Innovation Challenge of next Decade.
Professor- Richard Watson, Terry college of Business ; University of Georgia.

2) Certification Course in Microsoft Advance Excel.

3) Best presenter at National Level Research Conference and won Rs. 3000 as cashprize.
Subject of Study - Effects of Social Media on Marketing.

4) Volunteer in a National Level College cultural festival - Chakrawuha 2018.

5) Marketing head and Content Curator of BMS+1 club at my college.

6) Won events at multiple management and cultural festivals across colleges in Mumbai.

I am targeting schools
1) ESCP - Msc in marketing and creativity ( need min 18 months of Professional experience and I have 11 so i have to invest min of 7 months more in experience)

2) Esade - Msc in Marketing

3) Imperial College - Msc in marketing and Strategy

It would be a great help if you could suggest more schools who would fit with my profile.

Hi Ayansharma,
I must say that you have a pretty good profile, and you still have a couple to semesters to boost it up.
GPA is decent, make sure that you maintain the level till the last semester. This is especially necessary if you want to target Imperial - as most top UK schools are pretty particular about academic scores.
You have not mentioned your college rank, a top 10-15 college would boost your chances further for the top schools.
Work experience looks pretty good - Make sure that you highlight strong data points from the experience, not generic ones.
Extra-Curriculars are decent as well, but since you have 2 more semesters to boost it up - You can pump it up with a few strong leadership activities and achievements. Also, it is a good idea to look into building NGO/Non-Profit experience as schools value social volunteering.

As far as your target schools are concerned, St.Gallen will come under the dream schools category, ESSEC and Imperial will be upper competitive and ESADE will be competitive.
This is my brief analysis based on the information provided by you.
I have actually created a very robust school selector tool which suggest you dream, competitive and safe schools based on your profile score.
You can get your profile score by taking up the profile evaluation here: https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf

Once you are done with the evaluation, you will receive your profile score and subsequently your list of 9 dream, competitive and safe schools.
Do let me know if you need any further help !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey,

Thank you for your brief response.
I wanted to know if there is an office of MIM Essay in Mumbai.

I would love to drop by sometime.

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ayansharma wrote:
Hey,

Thank you for your brief response.
I wanted to know if there is an office of MIM Essay in Mumbai.

I would love to drop by sometime.

Hey Ayan,
We would be happy to schedule an appointment with you. All our appointments are digitally managed, so if you are interested we can schedule a free 20 min consulting session with one of our consultants for you.
Here is the link for your free appointment : https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appoi ... ppointment
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello GMAT Club

I'm a Indian Candidate, My profile is as follows

BBA - 63% (Birla Institute of Technology)
GMAT - 750
ACCA - 68% (13 Subjects)

Extra curricular - Can play 3 Instruments Guitar, Piano and Bansuri (Indian Flute)
& Played Chess and Badminton at state level

Which School are within my reach. I'm looking at UCD International Management, ESADE Dual Degree (Internal & External), Uni of Manchester, & Essec (QS Rankings 2020)
I'm currently 23 year old. I have intentionally left out HEC, LBS, LSE, IMPERIAL, ESCP & UCL

I had applied to IE business school for dual degree MIM+MFIN. They have called for me interview but given the fees is around 78K EURO and salary is around 45k Euro after graduating. ROI is very bad in this scenario.
Should I take admission if I'm able to clear the interview? Just applied causally
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
MiMEssay
Hi

Coud you do my profile evaluation
I have selected INSEAD, HEC , NUS MSC , ESSEC, EDHEC & NTU
I am currently engaged in Full - Time Work with on going Work Experience of 1.6years
I wish to apply for MIM program

College :- VIT UNIVERSITY, VELLORE
CGPA:- 8.32
Extra Curricular :- Part Of Duke of Edinburgh Society
Toastmaster International(Still Part of it)
Part of Cultural Fests
Youth Red Cross Society

Wish to give GMAT/GRE this Year
How much should I aim?
Also, Should I give preference to GRE OR GMAT?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Zuki1803,

I think your profile is pretty decent. As far as academics are concerned you have a pretty good CGPA. However, some of the schools which you have mentioned above give preference to students who have graduated from a reputable university. While your experience is decent having strong brands on your resume and quantifiable achievement can work greatly in your favour. As far as your extra-curricular activities are concerned, you have volunteered for organizations like Red Cross which earns you extra brownie points.

However, for schools like HEC which are super competitive, you will be competing against applicants with a far stronger profile. So, having a strong application would help you distinguish yourself from the pool. You should always aim for a higher score and prepare accordingly to it. As far as the question of which examination is better? I would suggest you consider a mock exam and go for the one where you think you will be able to perform better. Lastly, a strong profile needs to be backed up by a strong application. That is why I would suggest you take a look at our all in one service https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one?gfc which is a comprehensive guide to applying and winning an admit into your dream school!

Hope this helped! :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Send PM