GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Aug 2019, 00:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 3
GMAT ToolKit User
MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges   [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 23:17
Am I eligible for Top 15 MiM programs?

Bcom ( distance learning) - 76% (Top 3%)

Full time 3 year Certification program in Business management and entrepreneurship
GPA - 9.6/10 ( Top 2%)

GMAT - 660 (Q44V38)

Accepted into highly selective HEC Paris Summer program in Financial Markets and Asset management

Partner and regional Head and Educare Start-up

multiple leadership positions and multiple debate, extempore and other competitions won.

Accepted for 1 month internship at Aranca Global research, analytics & Consultancy.

I am aiming for R1 which is in September. Please give me a rough idea on my prospects

Sent from my vivo 1713 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 22 Sep 2013
Posts: 383
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2019, 00:20
Hey there,

Overall you have a fair profile.
Here are the strengths

1) Good mix of extracurriculars - Your participation in various competitions activities can be used to showcase a holistic profile
2) Leadership traits- Leadership experiences as well as initiatives were taken matter, they can be the bedrock for a good application.
3) Strong GPA for Business management and entrepreneurship program
- your GPA score is definitely a plus point for your profile and would help you to outrun most of the competitive profiles in the first initial overview itself.
4) Entrepreneurial Experience : It show a go-getter attitude, self learning capabilities and drive (among other things), if properly explained it will be a good differentiating point for your application.


On the other hand, some things which you will need to be compensated for will be

1) Average CGPA - Some schools have specifics cutoff, so take care and check if you are eligible, you will need to have an alibi for the low grades
2) Average GMAT score - Your GMAT score plays a major role in your it would help you to outrun most of the competitive profiles. So try to maximize it a score of 700+ would definitely help you make your profile stronger, make sure you work hard on it.

As you are targeting 2020 Fall session you still got some time for the rework on your GMAT Score aim for a 700+ score,
In parallel work needs to be done on your application to showcase how your interest in the field has grown and how you are different than the crowd.

With a 700+ GMAT score you will have a good shot at the top 15 MiM schools including HEC Paris, LBS and DUKE.

Also, make sure you aim for R1 so that you have the time advantage.

Hope this helps.

To get a better idea of your profile you can check out this profile evaluation link below to know about your chances at your target schools: http://info.mim-essay.com/forums-pe
_________________
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today

Just getting started ?Take our free profile evaluation to get an in-depth analysis of your profile and selection chances: http://info.mim-essay.com/get-profile-analysis
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 3
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2019, 00:30
Abhyank wrote:
Hey there,

Overall you have a fair profile.
Here are the strengths

1) Good mix of extracurriculars - Your participation in various competitions activities can be used to showcase a holistic profile
2) Leadership traits- Leadership experiences as well as initiatives were taken matter, they can be the bedrock for a good application.
3) Strong GPA for Business management and entrepreneurship program
- your GPA score is definitely a plus point for your profile and would help you to outrun most of the competitive profiles in the first initial overview itself.
4) Entrepreneurial Experience : It show a go-getter attitude, self learning capabilities and drive (among other things), if properly explained it will be a good differentiating point for your application.


On the other hand, some things which you will need to be compensated for will be

1) Average CGPA - Some schools have specifics cutoff, so take care and check if you are eligible, you will need to have an alibi for the low grades
2) Average GMAT score - Your GMAT score plays a major role in your it would help you to outrun most of the competitive profiles. So try to maximize it a score of 700+ would definitely help you make your profile stronger, make sure you work hard on it.

As you are targeting 2020 Fall session you still got some time for the rework on your GMAT Score aim for a 700+ score,
In parallel work needs to be done on your application to showcase how your interest in the field has grown and how you are different than the crowd.

With a 700+ GMAT score you will have a good shot at the top 15 MiM schools including HEC Paris, LBS and DUKE.

Also, make sure you aim for R1 so that you have the time advantage.

Hope this helps.

To get a better idea of your profile you can check out this profile evaluation link below to know about your chances at your target schools: http://info.mim-essay.com/forums-pe
Thanks alot for evaluation, but I am facing a problem as my start-up is picking up and business is increasing expotentionally, I do not have time to prepare and work on my GMAT. Is there any other thing I can work on, to compensate for that. As previously also I was studying for GMAT from night 10pm to 2am daily due to heavy work schedule.

Any suggestions, also since I am in council my Dean can give me reccomendation letter as she knows me and my work well. Will that add value?


Sent from my vivo 1713 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 22 Sep 2013
Posts: 383
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 04:37
Hey Yesh,

As I had mentioned, your entrepreneurial experience is interesting. You have mentioned that your start-up is picking pace ; this can be used as a differentiating factor and can compensate for other profile weakness if portrayed properly.
Secondly, I would also suggest that you target a mix of schools with and without a mandatory GMAT requirement for the application. A lot of prominent MSc programs do not need a mandatory GMAT, you can check out the list here: https://www.mim-essay.com/business-scho ... uire-gmat/
ESSEC, EDHEC, Grenoble, UCD, TCD are some options that you can look into.
Lastly about the LOR, the reputation of the professors is not as important as the kind of professional relationship that you have shared with them.
An LOR is the UNDER-DOG of the application, it is the ONLY DOCUMENT that gives the adcom a THIRD PERSPECTIVE of your candidature and is super-important.
This is one of the most common mistakes applicants make - getting LORs from reputed names in the industry without sharing an extensive working relationship with them.
Here is the 101 on choosing recommendors:
- He/She should have worked with you for a considerable amount of time ( Try for a min of 4+ months)
- He/She should have closely worked with you and should know you enough to talk about your personal attributes

So, if you have worked intensively Dean over a considerable period of time, it will definitely add value. If not, you should look for someone who fits the above description of a recommendor.

Hope this helped :)
_________________
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today

Just getting started ?Take our free profile evaluation to get an in-depth analysis of your profile and selection chances: http://info.mim-essay.com/get-profile-analysis
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jan 2019
Posts: 11
Re: MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2019, 08:40
My target schools for MIM are St Gallen, Hec, ESSEC , ESCP, etc...
I am pursuing Bachelor of Commerce from Hindu College( one of the best colleges in the country). Cgpa is 8/10 ( will improve in my next semester.

Certifications- Cleared FRM( Financial risk Manager level1)
Will attempt CFA level 1 in December. Knowledge of German till A2.

Experience- Done a 4 month finance internship based on technical analysis( options, futures amd strategies)
Planning to do another two month internship in june/july.

GMAT- preparation in full flow. Will take the attempt in july. Targetting 720+

Extracurriculars- Founder/Manager of Traders for tomorrow club in college, conducted debates on trending topics- Bitcoin bubble, US-CHINA trade wars, organised cultural events.

Working on my social impact towards the society...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2018
Posts: 13
Re: MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2019, 00:17
Hello everyone

My profile when applied last year is as follows, got rejected from hec and lbs

Nationality - Indian
BBA - 63% BIT Mesra 2014-2017
Completed CIMA with scoring top marks in management level and in one subject of strategic level
GMAT -720
IELTS - 7.5
Extra curricular activities are as follows
District level chess & cricket ( No certification ) certification provided on winning
Played table tennis at national level ( No certification ) certification provided on winning
Guitarist grade 8

# After failing to get and admit, enrolled in cfa

CFA level one cleared last december (70% plus in 7 topics)
CFA level two given this june

Schools targeting are HEC, LBS, IE, ESADE & DUKE FUQUA
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 22 Sep 2013
Posts: 383
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2019, 00:24
Hey enviousfox,
Congratulations for clearing CFA level 1 :)
It is great that you have taken corrective actions after missing out on your target schools during the previous application season.
Here is a brief analysis on your profile along with a brief on why you might have missed out on your target schools:
- While a 720 is a great GMAT Score, schools look at overall profile to make the decision. Now, both LBS and HEC are notorious for recruiting from only the Top UG collages of the applicants country (Eg:IITs, NITs in this case). While BIT Mesra has a good ranking in India, it still falls behind the cohort of colleges that these schools prefer . The GPA is also slightly on the lower side - which can be an issue for LBS ( UK schools are much more stringent about academic scores than French Schools).
Lastly, remember that Adcoms are more interested in impact created rather than participation, hence somewhere the extra-curriculars are lacking in quantifiable achievements.
Now, it is not that these elements cannot be compensated for - No applicant has the perfect profile so it does come down to how you can showcase that you are above and beyond your profile weaknesses ( Eg: Even if you have not won an event/tournament , you can showcase how this experience was instrumental in helping you grow and how the growth was in turn instrumental in helping you reach the decision of getting a masters degree in management - This is just an overview, a lot of brainstorming will be required to frame this).
I see that you are targeting a heterogeneous mix of schools this time and that's a good strategy.
To know more about your selection chances in this set, I would strongly suggest you to take up an in-depth profile evaluation once again.
70% of your selection chances depend upon your profile and 30% depends upon your application. This profile evaluation is designed to analyse your chances across all these metrics :http://info.mim-essay.com/forums-pe
Do check it out and let me know if it helped!
_________________
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today

Just getting started ?Take our free profile evaluation to get an in-depth analysis of your profile and selection chances: http://info.mim-essay.com/get-profile-analysis
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2018
Posts: 13
Re: MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2019, 03:13
Abhyank wrote:
Hey enviousfox,
Congratulations for clearing CFA level 1 :)
It is great that you have taken corrective actions after missing out on your target schools during the previous application season.
Here is a brief analysis on your profile along with a brief on why you might have missed out on your target schools:
- While a 720 is a great GMAT Score, schools look at overall profile to make the decision. Now, both LBS and HEC are notorious for recruiting from only the Top UG collages of the applicants country (Eg:IITs, NITs in this case). While BIT Mesra has a good ranking in India, it still falls behind the cohort of colleges that these schools prefer . The GPA is also slightly on the lower side - which can be an issue for LBS ( UK schools are much more stringent about academic scores than French Schools).
Lastly, remember that Adcoms are more interested in impact created rather than participation, hence somewhere the extra-curriculars are lacking in quantifiable achievements.
Now, it is not that these elements cannot be compensated for - No applicant has the perfect profile so it does come down to how you can showcase that you are above and beyond your profile weaknesses ( Eg: Even if you have not won an event/tournament , you can showcase how this experience was instrumental in helping you grow and how the growth was in turn instrumental in helping you reach the decision of getting a masters degree in management - This is just an overview, a lot of brainstorming will be required to frame this).
I see that you are targeting a heterogeneous mix of schools this time and that's a good strategy.
To know more about your selection chances in this set, I would strongly suggest you to take up an in-depth profile evaluation once again.
70% of your selection chances depend upon your profile and 30% depends upon your application. This profile evaluation is designed to analyse your chances across all these metrics :http://info.mim-essay.com/forums-pe
Do check it out and let me know if it helped!


Thanks abhyank for the input. Lse and imperial demand 75% from indian candidate but nothing like this is given on lbs site. Given the visa problem in UK, should I be applying. French school and Spanish school like ie, hec & insead do they pose a global image. Regarding extracurricular, I don't understand the impact part, as in impact on my life or somewhere else. Can low cgpa be countered by high GMAT. I can try to score 750+

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2018
Posts: 17
Re: MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2019, 04:32
I am indian undergraduate student.

Bachelor of management studies major in finance from mumbai University ( cgpa. 8).
HSC from State board with 74%.
SSC from State board with 77%.

Frm exam 1
Corporate finance from columbia business school through edx.

Gmat: 720.

TECHNICAL SKILLS; Windows,C,C#.

AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS;
2nd prize in ad-mad for the topic : mutual fund.
Participated in various sports.
Volunteering in national service scheme.
Volunteer of local ngo.
Various certifications related to maths in school days.

3 months internship in iifl indian financial company.

Language;
Hindi
Marathi
English
French A2 level

What are my chances in top 15 mim universities ?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2019, 04:32
Display posts from previous: Sort by

MiM profile evaluation for Eligibility in Top 15 MiM Colleges

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne