Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 07:37 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 07:37
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  40   
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10214 [29]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
h

Originally posted by alchya on 28 Sep 2020, 08:05.
Last edited by alchya on 22 Dec 2020, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
yash2411 wrote:
Hi everyone!
I am looking for A College that offers master's course in operations:Product/Program Management.Please evaluate my profile as described below and enlist the list of the colleges that are pioneer in terms of of offering the above course:
Name: Yash Mehra
Graduation: BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Graduation percentage:81%
Years of Work Experience as per current date: 2.1
Company:One of the Top IT MNC'S
Domain : Cloud Automation Devops

Since I have just started and want to make my road map for it.It would be very helpful if someone can suggest what are the good colleges that i can look upon for and target my preparation accordingly.An elaborative answers will be appreciated.

Hey yash2411,

As far as your profile is concerned you have a pretty good GPA that showcases your academic prowess and you can surely target the top B-schools. While your grades do play an important part, your extracurricular activities and your other endeavors matter as well because AdComs are looking for applicants with holistically developed profiles.

As you haven’t mentioned any details about your extracurricular activities, I’d like to advise you to talk about any clubs, associations, sports, fest or events you managed or participated in during your undergrad. Extracurricular activities are really important as they showcase that you have a holistically developed profile and a proactive attitude. You should thus dig deeper into this aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile.

As far as your work experience goes, you ought to explain and highlight the major projects of your work and how these experiences helped to develop and further groom your skills and knowledge. Highlight why you chose these projects, how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives you took and any kind of impact created to showcase your profile better. That said, connecting your work experience and your decision to pursue a masters is very important.

As far as the GMAT goes, a score of 690 and above would allow you to target the top B-schools. You should definitely aim to score as high as you can since a strong GMAT score would bolster the AdComs confidence in your academic abilities and improve your acceptance chances.

Some top schools offering an MBA or a Masters program in product management are:

-NYU : Stern
-Carnegie Mellon : Tepper
-Harvard
- MIT
- UCB: Haas

If you are planning for the 2021 intake, taking your GMAT in the first week of October would allow you to meet the Round 1 deadlines which wrap up by October end. Applying during Round 1 would give you a higher chance of securing an admit and allow you to secure scholarships too. However, if you require more time to prepare, you could target the Round 2 deadlines which close by the end of January. That said, you should start preparing your applications to the schools in parallel since each application takes 10-15 days to be perfected. This way, as soon as you have your scores in hand, you can apply to the schools.

Further, if you need a more in-depth profile evaluation and for help in choosing your target program and schools or forming your application you can email us your resume at info@mim-essay.com
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
RVARORA2292 wrote:
Hello,

-Age-21
-Did my Bachelors in Commerce from Delhi University(2017-20)
-GPA-7/10
-IELTS Score- Overall 7
-GMAT- Not given yet (Aiming for 650)
-Have done some online courses in Digital Marketing and Google Analytics by Google
-Did an internship in digital marketing for 3 months
-Currently working with my father at his business
- Learning Trading and Python in my free time

I'm aiming at Sep 21 intake.
I have not shortlisted universities yet but would like to study in countries where I can settle for years to come like Canada.

I would also like to know how I can improve my profile before applying and in which universities do I have a decent shot .

Thank you in advance :)

Hi RVARORA2292,

Your overall profile looks quite decent with room for improvement in order to increase the probability of your acceptance in the top ranking B-schools.
You have a decent CGPA of 7/10 and an IELTS score of 7, which definitely showcase your academic prowess.

However, since schools are looking for a holistically developed profile, a better approach to strengthen your profile for the application would be to portray a balance between your academic achievements and your extracurricular activities. Moreover, your work experience in your father’s business can help give an edge to your profile by mentioning how you incorporated your digital marketing experience and skills to upscale your father’s business. Overall you can build your work profile by doing some internships in reputed companies in the area and domain of your interest. This will add a brand value to your profile.

In terms of your extracurricular activities, you have mentioned currently learning trading and python, both of which highlight your ability to proactively chase learning. Additionally, you can also mention any activities you were part of in your college clubs or societies. Furthermore, if you cannot provide this info then you can definitely work on building your extracurricular profile by participating in volunteering works in NGOs or being part of any workshops and clubs in your vicinity.

Moving forward, since you haven’t really specified any particular masters program, it is suggested that you consider opting for either the masters in management program or Masters in marketing which will be in sync with your current profile and endeavors. When it comes to the Masters in management program which is a generalized course, you gain access to all the career fields including marketing, finance, consulting. Here the opportunities available to you would be boundless and very flexible. While if you choose masters in marketing which is a specialized course that deals solely on the marketing side of a business, it limits your career options. So make sure you choose the right program according to your goals.
Also, if your target is to get admission to the major top B-schools then a GMAT score of 690+ is the best way to set yourself comfortable in their admission list as it would not only fulfill the basic eligibility criteria but also pose as proof of your academic abilities.

You’ve also mentioned your wish to settle in a foreign country more specifically Canada, which is quite possible if you fulfill the requirements of the major B-schools in Canada. Moreover, you can also consider applying for other major B-schools in countries like, UK, Paris, Germany, Australia, and the U.S. After completing your masters from any one of the universities from any of these countries, you can definitely come back to Canada to pursue your career and other job opportunities that can later solidify your chances of getting a Permanent Residency.

To get more insights on the B-schools that will be compatible with your profile and needs as well as to get a more personalized profile evaluation where you can receive expert suggestions on how to upgrade your current profile, you can take our FREE Profile Evaluation service, the link of which is added below.

https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation/

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Caterina98 wrote:
Nationality: Italian

Sex: female

GPA = 3.4

Bachelor's degree = 101/110

I attended one of the top 10 universities in Italy

GMAT = 660

International experiences:
I worked for 1 month in the UK a couple of years ago, and now I'm going to spend 3 month in Slovakia to work as well.

Volunteering:
I have worked in a dog shelter for more than one year

Work experience:
During university, I have worked in a restaurant

Extra activities:
I have studied Japanese for 3 years, and I achieved N5 on the JLPT Test.
I'm about to take the TOEFL Test, I should score at least 100/120
Also, I studied German in high school and after TOEFL I want to try to make a test and score a B1.

The schools I’d like to send my application (R1) for Master's programs in Management/Marketing (CEMS too) are:
Aalto University (Finland), Stockholm School of Economics (Sweden), Copenhagen Business School CBS (Denmark), Norwegian School of Economics (Norway), Rotterdam School of Management (Netherlands) and ESCP

Hey Caterina98,

You have a pretty decent profile.

Starting off with the strong suits of your profile, your academic background is pretty decent. The 3.2 GPA showcases your academic capabilities and prowess.

Your work experience is quite decent as well. You have worked one month in the UK and would be spending 3 months in Slovakia which would help you gain a fair share of international exposure which is something all business schools appreciate as international exposure not only showcases your ability to adapt but also lays emphasis on your broadened perspective.

Apart from that, speaking of your brief tenure at the restaurant, I would suggest you shift the focus from the monetary aspect of the job to the reasoning behind taking up a job in the restaurant. As you’d be competing with applicants from some of the most elite companies in the world, It is important for you to craft an application that provides apt justifications for work experience while simultaneously highlighting the roles, responsibilities, and major learnings you gained from this experience.

You have a fair share of extracurricular activities as well. N5 in JLPT showcases your linguistic skills and further adds on to the international aspect of your profile whereas volunteering activity highlights your empathy and how you have channeled it to create a substantial impact.

Even though both of the activities are quite decent in themselves, there is a missing aspect in your profile that showcase your leadership skills. To remedy that you can join some clubs or organize events in your local community to raise awareness for a cause you are passionate about. Leading teams, handling roles, and responsibilities as a leader should be the focal point of these activities.

Given your school choices, ESCP, Aalto University, and Stockholm School of economics fall under the upper competitive category. This means that you have a 60% chance of acceptance in these schools. Although, I’d a minimum GMAT of 690 to target ESCP as it is a highly competitive school.

The rest of your target schools fall under the competitive category and hence you have an acceptance chance of 70% in these schools.

To sum up, while you have a good profile, you need to complement it with a strong application. A strong application holds 30% of weightage in the entire admission process and as you would be competing with other candidates with similar strong profiles, it becomes imperative that you craft an application that successfully highlights not only your caliber but also your potential to add value to the school.

As major chances of your admission depend on the quality of your application, you might be seeking an expert touch on your application process, hence I would suggest you check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE Solutions, to gain insights into how we can assist in creating a strong application. A good GMAT coupled with strong essays and an early application should help you get into your target schools.

Link for the ALL-IN-ONE Solutions-
https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Viren16 wrote:
Hi,

I would like a profile evaluation for my MIM application and would appreciate constructive feedback.

I am an Indian student, 22 years old, who has majored in mechanical engineering.

I will be starting a job at KPMG risk consulting in 1 month and hence would have gained approximately 10 months work ex before the start of the program. I have have interned at KPMG for 6 months, and at L&T for 1 month. I also have international experience of 2 months interning at TU Berlin, Germany.

GMAT score: 740 (Q50 V40)
GPA of 7.78/10 (amongst the top 25% of my batch)
University: Manipal Institute of Technology (considered to be one of the better private institutions in my country)
Languages: English, Hindi, Gujarati and German(elementary proficiency)
Sporting achievements: 1st place at district level badminton tournament, represented school at district, divisional and zonal level tournaments.

I also have been actively involved in extra curricular activities at college, helped hosting international students and have held several positions of leadership and responsibility at IAESTE(International Association for Exchange of Students for Techhnical Experience)

I would also like to know my chances of getting scholarships from my target schools. I intend on applying for round 1 of all applications.

Target schools: HEC, LBS and ESSEC.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Viren16,

Based on the information you have provided, your overall profile looks pretty competitive.

First and foremost, your GPA score of 7.78 and GMAT score of 740 is quite great and it definitely works in your favor as it showcases your academic prowess and ability to succeed during the program.

Furthermore, you have mentioned your work experience in the form of internships at KPMG and L&T which again gives a positive flair to your profile. Being part of such big brands definitely adds value to your profile as most of the competition you’d face, would own experiences from the same category. Apart from this, you have also mentioned your international experience as an intern in Germany which again is always given preference by the admission committee as it showcases your broad and diverse perspective on things.

When it comes to your undergraduate degree, you have completed it from Manipal Institute of Technology which might be the only dip in your profile as it does not rank under the top colleges of India. Nevertheless, you can compensate for the same by talking about how despite not coming from the top institutes, you still thrived to work hard and maintained a very strong academic record.

Moreover, you have mentioned the extracurricular activities that you took part in during your school and college days. Mentioning your school’s activities does not necessarily hold much importance, though your college experience is very significant. You have mentioned that you have held several leadership positions throughout your college years which sits very well with your choice of masters in management. You can further enhance your profile by writing about the impact you created, major takeaways and the exposure you gained from these experiences.

Here, you also wanted to get insights into the scholarship scene. When talking about scholarship there are basically two kinds of scholarships: merit and need. If you want to apply for a scholarship on the basis of your merit then you can mention your GPA and GMAT scores as a parameter for your academic prowess while on the other hand if you wish to apply for a scholarship as a need then you ought to elaborate on the reasons why you are a deserving candidate for that particular scholarship. Thus, to summarize, winning a scholarship is entirely dependent on the application you submit for the same.

Lastly, you have mentioned your target B-schools which are HEC, LBS and ESSEC, all of which you can surely apply for. However, you must note that while targeting schools abroad, it is always ideal to apply to a good mix of dream, competitive and safe schools, in order to hedge your bets wisely.

Furthermore, to give you more suggestions and options on the best B-schools which will be compatible with your profile and masters program are:

In the dream category ( schools where the chances of admission are 40-50%) you can consider; LBS, HEC, INSEAD and LSE.

In the competitive category (schools where the chances of admission are 60-70%) you can go for ESSEC, ESCP.

In the safe category (schools where chances of admission are 80-90%) you can consider schools such as EDHEC and NOBEL.

To sum up, while you have a pretty impressive profile, you will be competing against applicants who have similarly competitive or even better profiles. That said, your application, which holds 30% of weightage on your chances of acceptance, would help you stand out from the crowd.

Thus, if you’re looking for expert counseling sessions and services in the form of multiple editing, proofreading, and up-gradation of your application which consist of your Essay, SOP, LOR and resume, you can check out our all in one service that has proven to help over 2500+ applicants get into their target schools!

Below you will find the link for our All-in-One service.

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello everyone, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe MiM Program.

This is my profile
21-year old man from Russia.

I'm graduating this year my Bachelor in International relations in one of the top school in my country (MGIMO University) with a GPA of 3.90/4.00 (translated in English/American system, compared to my class I've been consistently in top 5%); I have also secured numerous awards for talented students, including the Presidential grant.
My GMAT score is 710 (V42,Q44).
I had an internship in a small logistics company, and got into internship program in Central Bank of Russia, but due to Covid-19 they cancelled it.
I have international experience as I attended a summer school at Glasgow university, and as an exchange student and I took part to the structured partnership between MGIMO and Kyung Hee University in Korea, which allowed me to take a semester abroad.

Extracurricular activities: I have been the president of the student club for more than a year (this included organizing meetings with experts, diplomats as well as holding student conferences).

I aim for top schools, but I do need scholarship. Plus, I do think that I lack some proper business experience and fear that it might be a huge disadvantage. However, I think I can get into Big-4 internship program if I want to, in order to strengthen my profile.

So what do you make of it? Are there any chances for me? Let me please know if you know how to improve my profile.

Thank you, I appreciate any help I can get.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for MIM at ESSEC, BOCONI, ESADE, ESCP and IE.
Age- 23
Background - Engineering from Electrical and Electronics from Amity University Noida, India
CGPA - 7.2/10
GMAT- 700 (Q48 V38)
Work ex- 2 month full time internship at India's leading Solar power company.
2 month full time employment as a Business Development Trainee(Inside Sales) at Byju's-Think and Learn, which is India's largest ed-tech company.
Extra Curricular - French A2 level.
Online certification course on 'Introduction to marketing' from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Member of college placement cell for 2 years.
Participated in various debates, quizes and essay writing competition.

P.S.- If you feel that my application lacks something for any of the above mentioned colleges and that i can improve it, please let me know.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
alchya wrote:
Hi experts! I would really appreciate a profile evaluation! Thanks for your help!

I am an Albanian/French (20 years old, Male, from Albanian (Father) and Algerian (Mother) immigrants/ Considered as a poor family) student.

Studies: Dual Degree; Bachelor in Management & BSc in International Business Administration
- French BS: Top 10 French Grande Ecole (Top 4 French Bachelor)
Elected as the best student of the school for my first 2 years: GPA 4/4, Special Letter Recognition from my Director of School, sort of Dean's List
- German BS: Top 3 German Bachelor IBA: GPA 4/4, Writing Thesis, Specialisation in Finance
-Exchange semester in a Top 30 US Uni: GPA 4/4: Letter from my Microeconomics professor stating that I am in the top 2% among 1,000 student in this course

Scholarships:
- 5K€ Merit scholarship from my French BS
- 15k€ Merit and Social Scholarship from the French Government
- 2k€ Merit scholarship in High School

Start-ups Founder:
- First one when I was 18 yo: Mobile App in France with 500+ subscribers, 5,000+ followers on Facebook, Partnerships with well known French companies, Organisation of huge events in South of France
Integrated one of the Best French Incubator thanks to this start-up
Almost raised 50k€ from a Business Angel (but not concluded because I had to left the company because of huge disagreement with my associate).
- Second one in the US during my exchange. Didn't work well because of COVID-19 but I took risks and initiatives by founding this start-up just after one month in the US
- Third one: Albanian Marketing Services just created 2 months ago. Huge potential, already some important clients (private schools, hospitals and companies) and 5 employees. Ambition to create huge Call Centers and a major actor of Albanian Telecom in the future.

Work Experience:
- Head of Sales Assistant in a Nationally known French High-Tech Store (2 months).
- CEO's Assistant of a national known French wine retailer company in Albania: had to manage 20 employees, had a huge impact in the company, saved 2 jobs, increased revenue by 5%. (3 months)
Future Internships:
- Big 4 Company in Albania (3 months): Risk or Management Consulting
- Ministry of Finance and Economy of Albania (1months)
- American Bank of Investment (1 months)

Volunteering:
I have done 1 year of volunteering as a French-Albanian translator in France to help Albanian immigrants.
I also have a 1 year volunteering in my B-School. I was an ambassador of the school.
Currently Ambassador of a startup class in my ex-high school
I was also the Vice-President of the School student office and I had to manage 50 people and organise events for more than 500 persons with 10k€+ budget (had to leave my position because I will pursue my third year in Germany).
I will surely join some clubs and associations for my second Bachelor in Germany.

English (C1), French (native), Albanian (C1) and Spanish (B2).
Strong letters of recommendation from the CEO of Albanian Wine company and one from my Finance professor who is also the CEO of a French Consulting Company.

Others:
- Football Team captain (2014-2018): 2 leagues won
- BasketBall Team Captain (2013): 1 Championship won
- Won the French BS Business Game
- Online Certificate Courses: Financial Markets (Yale), Introduction to Corporate Finance (Wharton), Private Equity and Venture Capital (Bocconi)

Will apply R1 if I have at least 690 on GMAT before mid October or R2. Will have difficulties to have more than 49 in Quant.

Schools aim:
HEC, Bocconi, CEMS, LSE, ESSEC

What are my chances? Thank you for your help and advice!!

Hey alchya,

You have a pretty holistic profile.

Your academic background is excellent. A 4/4 GPA highlights your academic prowess and opens the door to most of the top business schools in the world. Moreover, It’s great to see that you have some international experience as well that you gained from the exchange program. International exposure is a highly sought after trait from business schools as it showcases your broadened perspective and ability to adapt and work well in foreign environments.

Your scholarships authenticate your academic credentials by showing a consistent scholarly record and thereby strengthen your profile.

However, while this is just half the battle won, schools are most certainly on the lookout for students who have a holistically developed prof

As for your extracurricular participation, when applying to a business master’s program the activities from undergraduate and above are generally considered by the admission committee, so please be mindful of that and dig deeper into the most recent activities that could highlight varied traits in your profile.

That said, judging from the details presented, you have a decent mix of volunteering, leadership, and team activities. All of these would strengthen your profile by portraying the possession of varied skills and project management abilities. Moreover, the impact you created in these roles would help to set you apart from the competition.

On the other hand, you also have extensive work experience that includes both entrepreneurial and leadership roles. Your startups are a great way to showcase your entrepreneurial skills and team-building capabilities. It sets you apart by showing by highlighting your risk-taking and well-rounded attributes.

While you have decent work ex so far, it must be noted that as you are targeting an MF program, having relevant work experience would strengthen your profile. Thus, make sure you bring to life the exposure to finance whilst talking about the roles and responsibilities you took, the major learning takeaways from your stints, and how you went above and beyond to bloom in these roles.

Given your school choice, all of them fall into the dream category, meaning these schools have a very stringent acceptance rate of 8-15%. That said, while your quant score works in your favor, you’d require an overall GMAT score of at least 710 to be able to target these schools.

On this note, an important strategy you must follow while applying for business schools is to target a mix of schools from the dream, competitive, and safe category.

Given your strong profile, you can target competitive schools such as ESCP, DUKE, Washington University, Brandies, ESSEC, Mannheim, and Imperial College.

Lastly, as you have a pretty holistically developed profile, you’d need to complement it with a strong application. A strong application holds 30% of weightage in the entire admission process and as you would be competing with other candidates with similar strong profiles, it becomes imperative that you craft an application that successfully highlights not only your caliber but also your potential to add value to the school.

As major chances of your admission depend on the quality of your application, inclusive of documents like your essays, resume, and LORs, I would suggest you book a FREE consultation call with our experienced consultants to strategize and build the perfect course of action for your application.

Link for the FREE consultation call-
https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Schools: HSG SIM "23
Send PM
Hello everybody,

I would appreciate if you could evaluate my profile. I want to apply to MIM programs in Europe for the fall 2021 intake.

My profile:
22-year old female from Germany
Currently finishing my Bachelor´s degree in Business Administration at a University of Applied Sciences in Germany (AACSB accredited, Top 15 for Business in Germany, unfortunately not very prestigious / well known); current GPA: 1.2/6 (which corresponds to a 3.8/4 GPA); exchange semester at Yonsei University in Seoul (Korea)
GMAT Score 650 (V34; Q47)
TOEFL Score 112
6 month internship at Bosch Germany in International Management and Product Management
I was a member of the board of a student initiative at my university (which included leading a group of 15 students)
I have international experience as I spent a year in the U.S. after highschool and spent a semester in Korea as an exchange student
I am a member of the honor society Beta Gamma Sigma

I do not have any specific target schools yet, since I am unsure which schools I have a realistic chance at. I am looking forward to your suggestions. Thank you in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, I'd like to have a profile evaluation:
Graduated 2019 from a good university in India - GPA 3.4
Work ex - around 8 months but I have a gap of around 8 months as well.
I have done 2 one -month internships during my college
one month internship for NGO.
GMAT score 680 (V37, Q47)
IELTS score 7.5
Not too much extra-curricular activity experience, though there are a few things I've been a part of. Have also been on an exchange program during school days.
My targeted schools for MiM are- Imperial, Essec, WHU, Rotterdam
Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
Akshat0744 wrote:
Hello, I'd like to have a profile evaluation:
Graduated 2019 from a good university in India - GPA 3.4
Work ex - around 8 months but I have a gap of around 8 months as well.
I have done 2 one -month internships during my college
one month internship for NGO.
GMAT score 680 (V37, Q47)
IELTS score 7.5
Not too much extra-curricular activity experience, though there are a few things I've been a part of. Have also been on an exchange program during school days.
My targeted schools for MiM are- Imperial, Essec, WHU, Rotterdam
Thanks in advance

Hello Akshat0744,

Thanks for sending your profile details. Couple of things which I believe you can work on especially for ESSEC and Rotterdam - in my experience they are the most applied to for MIM. This will be your GMAT score and more about the take aways around your internship..

The kind of internship will be important. If you have worked with an MNC or what was the internship all about?

The NGO internship - what did you do there?

If you could give us a little more background it will help. A better GMAT Score can help.

However, I have worked with students who have got into ESSEC / ESCP etc with 680/670 too.

If the exchange program was international - the experience over there will also help. Infact some schools have questions that ask you specifically about international experience.

Hope this helps.
rgds,
Shree
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CrackVerbalShree please evaluate my profile also
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for MIM at ESSEC, BOCONI, ESADE, ESCP and IE.
Age- 23
Background - Engineering from Electrical and Electronics from Amity University Noida, India
CGPA - 7.2/10
GMAT- 700 (Q48 V38)
Work ex- 2 month full time internship at India's leading Solar power company.
2 month full time employment as a Business Development Trainee(Inside Sales) at Byju's-Think and Learn, which is India's largest ed-tech company.
Extra Curricular - French A2 level.
Online certification course on 'Introduction to marketing' from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Member of college placement cell for 2 years.
Participated in various debates, quizes and essay writing competition.

P.S.- If you feel that my application lacks something for any of the above mentioned colleges and that i can improve it, please let me know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
Graduated in Bachelor of Engineering(Computer Science and Technology) with a 3.7/4 GPA in 2019.
My current experience is of 1.3 years in Customer Relationship Management.
Spent 4-5 months in South Korea as part of a Semester Exchange Program, so international experience is not an issue.

I am yet to sit for my GMAT exam, but I'm certain I'll cross the 700 mark.

I've not targeted any schools for now, but I'd like to get my act together once I take my GMAT. My preference would be schools in the UK, Germany, and France.
I'm aiming for September 2021 intake.

Also, I'm contemplating whether I should be invested in the MIM Programs, or just go for the conventional MBA Programs.
Please do let me know what more I can do to beat the odds, and make it to the best B-Schools out there.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
20 year old indian currently studying BBA final year,

Undergraduate in BBA with CGPA of 9.1/10 uptil now. Studying on a scholarship

GMAT- 670 (Q46, V36), IR-4, AWA-4
IELTS -7.5

No work experience but,
2 NGO internships of one month each
2 startup internships and live project of one month each
1 finance internship in hospitality industry
1 sales internships at hospitality industry

Playing in football team in school and college team.
Extra-curricular in MUNs, debating, quiz
Pursuing a lot of courses on Coursera and Udemy on Finance, Business, AI etc.

Aiming for ESSEC, ESCP, St. Gallen, NUS, SMU, NTU, ESADE mostly MIM and master in international business background.

Post masters- strategic consulting or international business

Applying in Round 1
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to get into a MSc in Strategic Marketing (and related masters). And I want to know if I have any chance. Thank you in advance for your time!

Mexican citizen / Female

Programs:
Imperial College Business School - MSc Strategic Marketing
University of Cranfield - MSc Strategic Marketing
BI Norwegian Business School - Strategic Marketing Management
Seoul National University - MSc Consumer Science

Work Experience
5+ years
Industries: Manufacturing, Logistics, Customs, Entertainment, Marketing Agency
Positions: Marketing and communications related.

BA: Business Management Engineering
Overall grade: 94.2/100 (percentage scale)

While in college, I founded with some mates a national committee for our career to build awareness and partnerships with companies and foundations to help grow our career. Today, this committee is still alive.

English
B2 - Working on getting C1 Advanced Level

If I am able to achieve all this... What are my chances to get into these schools or others?

Thank you so much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I am looking to apply to HEC Paris, ESSEC, INSEAD and ESCP round 2 for the MIM programme.

My current profile looks like this -
Undergraduate studies - Ashoka University, 2.79/4 CGPA, Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
GMAT - Not given yet. Scored 650/800 in the last mock.
Work experience - 1+ years in government relations/strategic communications and public affairs for a French multinational conglomerate based in New Delhi.
Internships - Have a couple internships in digital strategy, sustainable development etc.
Extracurriculars - University football team, know a couple instruments etc.

Any suggestions on whether my current profile would suffice for these schools?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all!
I would like to have a profile evaluation for a MiM admission.
My profile is as follows.

Nationality: Indian

CGPA: 7.6/10

GMAT: Going for a 710

IELTS: Going for a 7.5

Work Experience: 3months -
Data science internship in a local consulting firm
Internship related to AI in a foreign consulting firm
Analyst in EY for 2 months

Certifications(Online):
- Machine Learning from Stanford
- Digital Transformation from BCG and University of Vienna

Educational Background:
Btech in Biotechnology from one of the top Indian Schools(IIT Delhi)
Minor in Economics
Minor in Entrepreneurship

International Experience:
As such no formal experience, but I have had a couple of international trips and also a summer internship with the University of Melbourne.
I know German and a bit of french.

Extra-Curricular:
- Executive and Coordinator for various societies in my college.
- Also participated in various extracurricular activities like dance, drama etc.
- Worked as a volunteer for BloodConnect India.

Masters you are applying to:
MiM at HEC,ESSEC,LBS,ESCP and LSE or other good BSchools
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all!
I would like to have a profile evaluation for a MiM admission.
My profile is as follows.

Nationality: Indian

CGPA: 7.6/10

GMAT: Going for a 710

IELTS: Going for a 7.5

Work Experience: 3months -
Data science internship in a local consulting firm
Internship related to AI in a foreign consulting firm
Analyst in EY for 2 months

Certifications(Online):
- Machine Learning from Stanford
- Digital Transformation from BCG and University of Vienna

Educational Background:
Btech in Biotechnology from one of the top Indian Schools(IIT Delhi)
Minor in Economics
Minor in Entrepreneurship

International Experience:
As such no formal experience, but I have had a couple of international trips and also a summer internship with the University of Melbourne.
I know German and a bit of french.

Extra-Curricular:
- Executive and Coordinator for various societies in my college.
- Also participated in various extracurricular activities like dance, drama etc.
- Worked as a volunteer for BloodConnect India.

Masters you are applying to:
MiM at HEC,ESSEC,LBS,ESCP and LSE or other good BSchools
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  40   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3128 posts