Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 21 Jul 2019, 12:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 22
Schools: Yale EMBA'21 (D)
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 12:37
1
TonySko wrote:
Ricardodpm best of luck please share your experience

Posted from my mobile device


I just took it. I got a 151(IR 10 VR 11 Q10). I would say it’s as hard as the practice exams.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2018
Posts: 36
Location: United States (NJ)
GPA: 3.82
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 19:25
Ricardodpm thanks for sharing and congrats on your achievement

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2018
Posts: 36
Location: United States (NJ)
GPA: 3.82
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2018, 07:00
1
1
I too just took my first oractice test and got a 154. I do have to attest to the fact that the maximum you can get on a section is 18 if you get all questions right. And indeed that will bring you to a max score of 174. I am not sure why gmac states the max score is 200. In addition if you do not answer any questions within a section you will receive 2 points out of 18. Having said that someone mentioned that 150s bring you to the 50th percentile. In my humble opinion 150 out of a max 174 assuming linear scale here brings you to about 90%.

My last question to the forum members is the following. Would you say the practice tests are harder or easier when compared to the Actual exam?

I believe the above will provide some answers to all of us who are sill studying for the exam.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2018
Posts: 69
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2018, 03:53
Hi

Does anyone know the prospects of the EA programme across various colleges.

We do know that some good colleges are using GMAC EA score and offering courses, but I couldnt locate any info on placements, packages etc.?

Please anyone advice ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2018
Posts: 69
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2018, 21:48
TonySko wrote:
I too just took my first oractice test and got a 154. I do have to attest to the fact that the maximum you can get on a section is 18 if you get all questions right. And indeed that will bring you to a max score of 174. I am not sure why gmac states the max score is 200. In addition if you do not answer any questions within a section you will receive 2 points out of 18. Having said that someone mentioned that 150s bring you to the 50th percentile. In my humble opinion 150 out of a max 174 assuming linear scale here brings you to about 90%.

My last question to the forum members is the following. Would you say the practice tests are harder or easier when compared to the Actual exam?

I believe the above will provide some answers to all of us who are sill studying for the exam.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Tony

Thanks for the post, it's helpful of what you have shared with us.

May I ask if you have taken any other tests than GMAC official EA tests for prep ?, Unlike GMAT world, I don't see any EA free or paid sample test besides one made available by GMAC on internet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2018
Posts: 36
Location: United States (NJ)
GPA: 3.82
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2018, 08:42
2
My only preparation thus far has been the official gmac bundle. I purchased the all in bundle for 95 dollars. It has practice questions and 2 practice exams. Other than that i did not study anything else.

I took the actual test this past week and i scored 146 and i am very unhappy with my score especially on the math part.

Reason i was upset with my math score was because i always considered math being my strong point and english my weakest. One question literally i was in the process of changing my answer to the correct one and i was timed out literally i needed one more second and it was an easy one. Another question i definitely got wrong cause of time. So upsetting.


Advice to everyone. Do not use the bathroom during the test. I teally had to and they patted me up and down twice after my bathroo break. The clock is running and they are taking their time to check you out. Do not wear jeans. Wear sweat pants with no pockets zippers nothing. I lost 7 minutes cause of a bathroom break.

I have come up with additional observations which i will share with everyone when i get some free time.

Hooe this helps

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2018
Posts: 36
Location: United States (NJ)
GPA: 3.82
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2018, 08:44
1
By the way 2 mistakes on the math will bring the max score being 18 down to 11 and there is a reason why i am saying this. I simulated it a number of times and in my opinion has been verified.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 22
Schools: Yale EMBA'21 (D)
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2018, 15:21
I did the same. It was a strange test to study for since there is nothing to review but questions. I struggled with the Quant and IR practice questions. I guess on two IR question during the real exam because I was running out of time.

TonySko wrote:
My only preparation thus far has been the official gmac bundle. I purchased the all in bundle for 95 dollars. It has practice questions and 2 practice exams. Other than that i did not study anything else.

I took the actual test this past week and i scored 146 and i am very unhappy with my score especially on the math part.

Reason i was upset with my math score was because i always considered math being my strong point and english my weakest. One question literally i was in the process of changing my answer to the correct one and i was timed out literally i needed one more second and it was an easy one. Another question i definitely got wrong cause of time. So upsetting.


Advice to everyone. Do not use the bathroom during the test. I teally had to and they patted me up and down twice after my bathroo break. The clock is running and they are taking their time to check you out. Do not wear jeans. Wear sweat pants with no pockets zippers nothing. I lost 7 minutes cause of a bathroom break.

I have come up with additional observations which i will share with everyone when i get some free time.

Hooe this helps

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2018
Posts: 36
Location: United States (NJ)
GPA: 3.82
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2018, 14:37
3
Let me share with everyone this PDF file and in specifics page # 11 out of # 18. It essentially illustrates the range of grades all across the world from all the people who have taken the test globally.

https://www.gmac.com/-/media/files/gmac ... 8A8944156B
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2018, 02:02
3
If you are looking for a quick introduction to the Executive Assessment Exam, Chicago Booth offers a 2 hour prep for EMBA applicants. Everyone is welcome! They are recorded so if you miss the original dates, you can get access to the recordings. Just head over to the Booth Executive MBA site (I can't post a link here) and you will find more information.

Hope to see you there!
Kathleen
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2018
Posts: 69
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 08:05
Dear All

Thanks for your detailed responses, helpful to many of us.

Please can you advice me with below queries, I have not found any suitable standard answers to below questions, hence thought can reach out to you all.

1). Is EMBA work with MBA or is it full time. Frankly, am in early stages of evaluating this for myself. I can do MBA and EMBA both, have 10 years
experience in BFSI - Transformations and Ops.
2). Please can you advice the prospects of the EA programme across various colleges. We do know that some good colleges are using GMAC EA score and
offering courses, but I couldn't find any info on placements, packages etc.?
3). May I ask if we do have any free or paid mock tests for EA tests other than GMAC official EA tests for prep ?, Unlike GMAT, I don't see any EA free or paid sample test besides one made available
by GMAC on internet.

Your inputs will be helpful, thank you.

Regards
Abhinav
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 22
Schools: Yale EMBA'21 (D)
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 09:29
For an EMBA you need to have a full time job. I don't have an information on placement. I didn't find any free questions for the EA but I used the free Veritas Q Bank (https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/gmat-question-bank/) and did a bunch of questions.


proabhinav wrote:
Dear All

Thanks for your detailed responses, helpful to many of us.

Please can you advice me with below queries, I have not found any suitable standard answers to below questions, hence thought can reach out to you all.

1). Is EMBA work with MBA or is it full time. Frankly, am in early stages of evaluating this for myself. I can do MBA and EMBA both, have 10 years
experience in BFSI - Transformations and Ops.
2). Please can you advice the prospects of the EA programme across various colleges. We do know that some good colleges are using GMAC EA score and
offering courses, but I couldn't find any info on placements, packages etc.?
3). May I ask if we do have any free or paid mock tests for EA tests other than GMAC official EA tests for prep ?, Unlike GMAT, I don't see any EA free or paid sample test besides one made available
by GMAC on internet.

Your inputs will be helpful, thank you.

Regards
Abhinav
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2018
Posts: 7
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 16:18
1
pkfitzge1 wrote:
If you are looking for a quick introduction to the Executive Assessment Exam, Chicago Booth offers a 2 hour prep for EMBA applicants. Everyone is welcome! They are recorded so if you miss the original dates, you can get access to the recordings. Just head over to the Booth Executive MBA site (I can't post a link here) and you will find more information.

Hope to see you there!
Kathleen


Hi pkfitzge1,

I went to the EMBA page on Booth's website and it doesn't have a link to the recordings.
It has a link to register for the series which already occurred in the past.
Would you be able to PM me the link to the recordings, please? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jul 2017
Posts: 21
CAT Tests
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 20:50
Hello All, I just came across EA discussion. I have more than 11 years of experience and aspire to pursue emba. Without giving any thought, I started preparing for GMAT. Can anyone shed light or any details to help me understand what is the diff. And what extra will I achieve if I give Gmat rather than EA or vice versa.
Please help. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2011
Posts: 310
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 02:13
Hi All -

Is it true that IR section is adaptive and divided in 2 sets. Each set with 6 questions? Can someone confirm please? Thanks.

Note: I understand that Verbal and Quant sections are adaptive.
_________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you do TODAY is important because you're exchanging a day of your life for it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Location: United States
GPA: 3.7
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 12:57
1
1
I just took it yesterday and got a 155 (11/14/10). My unofficial research shows that the programs I'm applying to (Yale, Wharton, UCLA) are looking for a minimum 150. I agree with previous posts that every minute on the exam is valuable, so I would definitely not leave the room for a bathroom break.

I studied with the full GMAC materials for roughly 5 weeks, and would spend 60-90 minutes doing questions, reviewing the questions I got wrong, and studying the underlying concepts. I used a GMAT math foundation book, and watched a lot of YouTube videos on the subjects I was struggling with. I did all 400 questions in the GMAC materials, and both practice exams. My practice exam scores were 159 and 153, so my actual score was not surprising. I work in healthcare operations, so it was definitely very difficult to absorb a lot after a full day of work, but I took the exam yesterday after a full day of work, so it was the right decision ("train as you fight"). I will say that the GMAC materials do prepare you for the real thing, although the actual exam interface "feel" is a bit dated as stated by a previous poster. For example, I liked to highlight parts of questions in the GMAC prep materials, but that option was not available on the actual exam.

I luckily did not run out of time, but came close. For the Quant section I wasn't able to review any of my questions and it shows since that was my worst performing section. I'm happy I got a high enough score to not have to bother taking it again especially given the cost and the fact that you can only take it twice.

My applications were already submitted, so now we wait...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2019, 06:53
1
educationjunkie wrote:
I just took it yesterday and got a 155 (11/14/10). My unofficial research shows that the programs I'm applying to (Yale, Wharton, UCLA) are looking for a minimum 150. I agree with previous posts that every minute on the exam is valuable, so I would definitely not leave the room for a bathroom break.

I studied with the full GMAC materials for roughly 5 weeks, and would spend 60-90 minutes doing questions, reviewing the questions I got wrong, and studying the underlying concepts. I used a GMAT math foundation book, and watched a lot of YouTube videos on the subjects I was struggling with. I did all 400 questions in the GMAC materials, and both practice exams. My practice exam scores were 159 and 153, so my actual score was not surprising. I work in healthcare operations, so it was definitely very difficult to absorb a lot after a full day of work, but I took the exam yesterday after a full day of work, so it was the right decision ("train as you fight"). I will say that the GMAC materials do prepare you for the real thing, although the actual exam interface "feel" is a bit dated as stated by a previous poster. For example, I liked to highlight parts of questions in the GMAC prep materials, but that option was not available on the actual exam.

I luckily did not run out of time, but came close. For the Quant section I wasn't able to review any of my questions and it shows since that was my worst performing section. I'm happy I got a high enough score to not have to bother taking it again especially given the cost and the fact that you can only take it twice.

My applications were already submitted, so now we wait...


Hello educationjunkie, many thanks for this post, that really helps as there is not enough statitics available on EA yet.
I'm preparing the EA test for end of February.
I have a quick question for you, when you write your score like this : 155 (11/14/10), do you mean that you scored 11 out of 12 for IR, 14 out of 14 for Verbal and 10 out of 12 on Quant ?
I'm just trying to figure out how much questions you missed on each section. That will help me to know if I'm running out of time, how much questions I could guess without hugely impacting the final score.

Side question, I took the EA official Prep and I find the IR very complex specially on Multi source Reasoning, does it reflect the questions we'll get during the real exam ?
If so, do you advise to guess on these types of questions to save time for simpler ones ?

Thanks for your help.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Location: United States
GPA: 3.7
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2019, 15:14
1
KountaKinte wrote:
Hello educationjunkie, many thanks for this post, that really helps as there is not enough statitics available on EA yet.
I'm preparing the EA test for end of February.
I have a quick question for you, when you write your score like this : 155 (11/14/10), do you mean that you scored 11 out of 12 for IR, 14 out of 14 for Verbal and 10 out of 12 on Quant ?
I'm just trying to figure out how much questions you missed on each section. That will help me to know if I'm running out of time, how much questions I could guess without hugely impacting the final score.

Side question, I took the EA official Prep and I find the IR very complex specially on Multi source Reasoning, does it reflect the questions we'll get during the real exam ?
If so, do you advise to guess on these types of questions to save time for simpler ones ?

Thanks for your help.


Hi KountaKinte, Good luck on your EA exam. The question split is 12 IR, 14 Verbal, and 14 Quant, but the scores in each section don't directly reflect the number of questions you get correct since the max score you can get in each section is 20. The exam doesn't tell you how many you missed unfortunately, but the practice assessments do. For the practice assessment where I got a 159 for example I missed 2 questions in the IR section, and got a 14, missed 1 in the Verbal section and got a 15, and missed 6 in the Quant section and got a 10.

The best recommendation I can give for your timing is to simply apply 15 minutes to each subsection - 15 mins for each section of 6 in IR, and each section of 7 for Verbal and Quant. Guessing should be your last resort, but if you can at least knock out some of the answers before guessing, that's better than nothing. I luckily didn't have to guess this time, but came close on the first 7 of the Quant section and didn't have time to review any of those questions unfortunately.

The official EA Prep is spot on for the types of questions you will find on the actual exam, so if those type of questions are giving you trouble, I would review them every day, right or wrong, and then reset the questions and take them again under testing conditions, i.e., time yourself answering them and give yourself no more than 2 minutes per question. This is difficult since sometimes you have to make 3 or 4 selections within that time, but it will be the best way to prepare for the real thing.

I hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2018
Posts: 36
Location: United States (NJ)
GPA: 3.82
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 06:14
1
1
GMAC claims the maximum score per section is 20 but if you purchase their training material and you complete the tasks couple of times you will soon realize that the max score per section is 18 and NOT 20. And for the entire exame is 174 and not 200. That changes a lot.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Feb 2019
Posts: 6
Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: General Management, Accounting
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Law)
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 20:51
1
Took the EA back in early January.

Scored 164 (18 IR / 14 VR / 12 QR)

Very similar to the practice exams in which I scored 164 and 165, with the only difference being I got an extra QR question correct on the 165. Had no issues with time on the practice exams, but did essentially run out of time on the QR section of the real test. Thankfully it didn't hurt my score, but if I'd had another 5 minutes, I would have probably gotten 1 or 2 more correct as I knew which ones were my trouble spots.

Aiming for Wharton. 17 years of experience in finance/accounting.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2019, 20:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 66 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne