Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Sustainability
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [2]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 263
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
TonySko wrote:
I too just took my first oractice test and got a 154. I do have to attest to the fact that the maximum you can get on a section is 18 if you get all questions right. And indeed that will bring you to a max score of 174. I am not sure why gmac states the max score is 200. In addition if you do not answer any questions within a section you will receive 2 points out of 18. Having said that someone mentioned that 150s bring you to the 50th percentile. In my humble opinion 150 out of a max 174 assuming linear scale here brings you to about 90%.

My last question to the forum members is the following. Would you say the practice tests are harder or easier when compared to the Actual exam?

I believe the above will provide some answers to all of us who are sill studying for the exam.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Tony

Thanks for the post, it's helpful of what you have shared with us.

May I ask if you have taken any other tests than GMAC official EA tests for prep ?, Unlike GMAT world, I don't see any EA free or paid sample test besides one made available by GMAC on internet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [3]
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
My only preparation thus far has been the official gmac bundle. I purchased the all in bundle for 95 dollars. It has practice questions and 2 practice exams. Other than that i did not study anything else.

I took the actual test this past week and i scored 146 and i am very unhappy with my score especially on the math part.

Reason i was upset with my math score was because i always considered math being my strong point and english my weakest. One question literally i was in the process of changing my answer to the correct one and i was timed out literally i needed one more second and it was an easy one. Another question i definitely got wrong cause of time. So upsetting.

Advice to everyone. Do not use the bathroom during the test. I teally had to and they patted me up and down twice after my bathroo break. The clock is running and they are taking their time to check you out. Do not wear jeans. Wear sweat pants with no pockets zippers nothing. I lost 7 minutes cause of a bathroom break.

I have come up with additional observations which i will share with everyone when i get some free time.

Hooe this helps

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
By the way 2 mistakes on the math will bring the max score being 18 down to 11 and there is a reason why i am saying this. I simulated it a number of times and in my opinion has been verified.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
I did the same. It was a strange test to study for since there is nothing to review but questions. I struggled with the Quant and IR practice questions. I guess on two IR question during the real exam because I was running out of time.

TonySko wrote:
My only preparation thus far has been the official gmac bundle. I purchased the all in bundle for 95 dollars. It has practice questions and 2 practice exams. Other than that i did not study anything else.

I took the actual test this past week and i scored 146 and i am very unhappy with my score especially on the math part.

Reason i was upset with my math score was because i always considered math being my strong point and english my weakest. One question literally i was in the process of changing my answer to the correct one and i was timed out literally i needed one more second and it was an easy one. Another question i definitely got wrong cause of time. So upsetting.

Advice to everyone. Do not use the bathroom during the test. I teally had to and they patted me up and down twice after my bathroo break. The clock is running and they are taking their time to check you out. Do not wear jeans. Wear sweat pants with no pockets zippers nothing. I lost 7 minutes cause of a bathroom break.

I have come up with additional observations which i will share with everyone when i get some free time.

Hooe this helps

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Let me share with everyone this PDF file and in specifics page # 11 out of # 18. It essentially illustrates the range of grades all across the world from all the people who have taken the test globally.

https://www.gmac.com/-/media/files/gmac ... 8A8944156B
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [4]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
If you are looking for a quick introduction to the Executive Assessment Exam, Chicago Booth offers a 2 hour prep for EMBA applicants. Everyone is welcome! They are recorded so if you miss the original dates, you can get access to the recordings. Just head over to the Booth Executive MBA site (I can't post a link here) and you will find more information.

Hope to see you there!
Kathleen
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dear All

Thanks for your detailed responses, helpful to many of us.

Please can you advice me with below queries, I have not found any suitable standard answers to below questions, hence thought can reach out to you all.

1). Is EMBA work with MBA or is it full time. Frankly, am in early stages of evaluating this for myself. I can do MBA and EMBA both, have 10 years
experience in BFSI - Transformations and Ops.
2). Please can you advice the prospects of the EA programme across various colleges. We do know that some good colleges are using GMAC EA score and
offering courses, but I couldn't find any info on placements, packages etc.?
3). May I ask if we do have any free or paid mock tests for EA tests other than GMAC official EA tests for prep ?, Unlike GMAT, I don't see any EA free or paid sample test besides one made available
by GMAC on internet.

Your inputs will be helpful, thank you.

Regards
Abhinav
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 30
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
For an EMBA you need to have a full time job. I don't have an information on placement. I didn't find any free questions for the EA but I used the free Veritas Q Bank (https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/gmat-question-bank/) and did a bunch of questions.

proabhinav wrote:
Dear All

Thanks for your detailed responses, helpful to many of us.

Please can you advice me with below queries, I have not found any suitable standard answers to below questions, hence thought can reach out to you all.

1). Is EMBA work with MBA or is it full time. Frankly, am in early stages of evaluating this for myself. I can do MBA and EMBA both, have 10 years
experience in BFSI - Transformations and Ops.
2). Please can you advice the prospects of the EA programme across various colleges. We do know that some good colleges are using GMAC EA score and
offering courses, but I couldn't find any info on placements, packages etc.?
3). May I ask if we do have any free or paid mock tests for EA tests other than GMAC official EA tests for prep ?, Unlike GMAT, I don't see any EA free or paid sample test besides one made available
by GMAC on internet.

Your inputs will be helpful, thank you.

Regards
Abhinav
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Kudos
pkfitzge1 wrote:
If you are looking for a quick introduction to the Executive Assessment Exam, Chicago Booth offers a 2 hour prep for EMBA applicants. Everyone is welcome! They are recorded so if you miss the original dates, you can get access to the recordings. Just head over to the Booth Executive MBA site (I can't post a link here) and you will find more information.

Hope to see you there!
Kathleen

Hi pkfitzge1,

I went to the EMBA page on Booth's website and it doesn't have a link to the recordings.
It has a link to register for the series which already occurred in the past.
Would you be able to PM me the link to the recordings, please? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 169
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hello All, I just came across EA discussion. I have more than 11 years of experience and aspire to pursue emba. Without giving any thought, I started preparing for GMAT. Can anyone shed light or any details to help me understand what is the diff. And what extra will I achieve if I give Gmat rather than EA or vice versa.
Please help. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 212 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Hi All -

Is it true that IR section is adaptive and divided in 2 sets. Each set with 6 questions? Can someone confirm please? Thanks.

Note: I understand that Verbal and Quant sections are adaptive.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [3]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos