Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 18:13 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 18:13
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10  ...  18   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [2]
Given Kudos: 89
Schools: Fuqua '23 (D)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
School Moderator - Stanford MSx
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.77
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
There are some sample questions on GMAC website,

Click below link, Sign Up or Sign In (if you already have an account):

https://www.gmac.com/executive-assessme ... -questions

rituojha27 wrote:
Where can I get EA mock test, please let me know?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 863 [0]
Given Kudos: 381
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Total: 158
Integrated Reasoning: 12
Verbal Reasoning: 8
Quantitative Reasoning: 18

Please suggest what are the chances of getting admission based on such a score ( low and high ends) and which universities can i apply for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [5]
Given Kudos: 6
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

I took the EA yesterday at a Pearson test centre near my house. Got 163 (IR 14, VR 11, QR 18). So happy with a perfect score in Quant! Overall happy with the score, felt I could have done better in Verbal. I could not cross my target i:e 165 :-| But I guess 163 and 165 do not make a big difference.

GMAC prep material mock scores:
Mock 1: 157 (IR 12, VR 12, QR 13) - took this before I started any sort of prep to see where am I.
Mock 2: 161 (IR 14, VR 9, QR 18) - took this after ~3.5 weeks; did practice sets (QR finished all sets, VR half, IR 60% sets)
Mock 3: 163 (IR 18, VR 10, QR 15) - took this 5 days after Mock 2; completed all remaining practice sets
Mock 4: 164 (IR 14, VR 12, QR 18) - took this after a week of Mock 3; practised some more questions other online material

I maintained an error log which helped me identify my weak areas and work on them. Also made a note of all the silly mistakes I was doing in my practice sets and mock tests. I knew QR was my strength, so tried to ensure I tighten up all topics so that I get a perfect score. I put in some focused efforts on topics like probability, P&C, inequalities and data sufficiency questions related to these topics. I was facing time management issues in IR, so had to practice more. The 15 practice sets (10 + the extra 5) in the official material helped. VR was my weakest area for sure. Had to practice all question types - SC, RC and CR. A lot of good Youtube channels like PrepScholarGMAT, GMAT Club, Manhattan Prep webinars/practice sessions were useful. They help you learn the techniques and apply them to questions.

On Exam Day:
- I spent a lot of time on the RC passage (almost 9-10 mins), so I knew I had to pick up the pace. I got a bit nervous but managed to pace through until I came to the last question in the section, that's CR. I had literally 10s left on the timer, had to take a blind guess and submit. That might have been the difference between a score of 11 and maybe 13 (if I got that right). That's why I feel that I could have got that 165, had I not wasted so much time in RC.
- Overall the process at the test centre was smooth. Reached 30 mins before the test time as suggested, got over with the formalities very quickly. So I started the test 15 mins before the appointment time.
- Chose to get earbuds instead of headphones, unknowingly lowered my mask once during the exam. The invigilator came and told me to pull it up. They see everyone on the camera. :D
- The scratchpad and the fine-tipped marker pen worked very well for rough work/notes. The pad has 10+ pages, so more than enough for the whole exam.

Applying to Wharton and Columbia. Wish me luck for the rest of the process! Happy to answer questions about prep etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
First of all, thanks for all the input here. Used it for preparation during the last four weeks. Bought the premium package and used the Manhattan prep book 'GMAT foundations of Math', Khan Academy (online, great tool).

My weakness is quant, studied mainly on this and took the 4 mock exams. Scores of the exams where between 151 and 157. The highest being the latest.

I read that some said the quant in the real test would be harder, so I started the test with a target score of 150 in mind (need 145), strong IR and VR and then medium to weak QR.

The test; terrible.
The IR section looked like a quant section half of the time, required lots of calculations. I ran out of time and think answered only 8 questions correctly. This section is usually pretty easy for me with one or two wrong answers, and here I need to get my ammunition to compensate QR.
Verbal section was on par.
Quant; questions were indeed harder. Second part I could tell I got the easy questions, but even then I could not answer all and missed the last one because of time.

Of course my nerves did not help. But I can honestly conclude the real test does NOT represent the level in the test material, especially on IR and to a lesser extent on QR. At this point I feel the 150usd for the premium test set is pretty useless and a waste of time and money. Probably better off with GMAT material or free material online.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
I took the EA yesterday and scored a 162 (Q18, V12, IR12). Frankly, i took it because i scored poorly in GMAT (670). I'm in my early 30s with 8 years+ work ex, and planning to apply to Stanford MSx, CMU - Tepper (MBA) and possibly MIT - MBA. I'm part of the over-represented Indian community, but I already have an MBA, have niche experience (in electric vehicles), have distinction scores and have strong extra-curriculars, so fingers-crossed.

I found the IR and Verbal sections to be quite tough. IR was definitely tougher than GMAT IR, and Verbal was equivalent. The second verbal section had questions ranging from 65-85% hard (as per GMATClub standards).

Quant was relatively easy - I guess the toughest question was a 45-55% level (as per GMATClub standards).

Considering i gave the exam at the test center, all i'm now hoping for apart from admissions is that i don't contract Covid :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just received my score- 156 (IR 10 VR 12 Q14). I'm thankful it's over 150!

I definitely was not trying hard to get a high score, but put in just enough effort to receive 150+ score. Purchased the official practice premium collection, did all the questions and practice tests once then took the test. Probably spent 20 hours or so, less than a week. Aiming for LBS.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
TonySko wrote:
Let me share with everyone this PDF file and in specifics page # 11 out of # 18. It essentially illustrates the range of grades all across the world from all the people who have taken the test globally.

https://www.gmac.com/-/media/files/gmac ... 8A8944156B

Long shot, granted this post is over 2 years old, but could you download this file and post it elsewhere. I believe it is only available to a select group.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GPA: 4
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
i have heard of trial questions(questions that are not counted towards the score - ex: 3/31 in Quant 6/36 verbal not counted etc)...are there any similar ones in the EA exam???
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hi there,

Can anyone help with this question:

Website says you can take EA two times only, so it is in lifetime or is it in a year?

It's urgent, thnxxx

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
TakwaM wrote:
Hi there,

Website says you can take EA two times only, so it is in lifetime or is it in a year?

It's urgent, thnxxx

Lifetime
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
TakwaM wrote:
Hi there,

It's urgent, thnxxx

Two online and two in person, so total of four.

Edit: I was wrong. As someone pointed out – it's two times only, not four. Sorry about the incorrect information earlier.

Edit 2: Sounds like I was right the first time, so it is in fact 4 times (https://youtu.be/IJ0OnM1_vQU?t=2949)

Originally posted by SpiceRunner on 11 Dec 2020, 05:42.
Last edited by SpiceRunner on 23 Jan 2021, 23:41, edited 3 times in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
SpiceRunner wrote:
TakwaM wrote:
Hi there,

It's urgent, thnxxx

Two online and two in person, so total of four.

No, just two in total. doesn't matter how you take it
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey everyone, what EA specific materials did you use to prepare? I am specifically looking for sample tests. I saw the one link above but it gave me an error. I searched but it appears most is just GMAT prep.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Kudos
Just search GMAC Executive Assessment. Many questions are GMAT questions just with varying difficulty and omitting the geometry questions.

[quote][/quote]
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I saw that - I was just hoping more for practice exams.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I took exam with mask on. Under current circumstances I must say it was very hygienic and all Covid protocols were followed. I completed all sections on time hence did not have last minute dash. However Quant was little hard then what EA practice material had. I feel could have done little better in Quant.

Mock EA 1: 155, (IR-10, VR-11, QR-14)
Mock EA 2: 153, (IR-11, VR-10, QR-12)
Mock EA 3: 156, (IR-13, VR-9, QR-14)
Mock EA 4: 157, (IR-10, VR-12, QR-15)

Final EA Score: 153, (IR-12, VR-9, QR-12)

Let's see how this score plays out. All The Best to all of You!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone,

I used this forum as a source of consolation during the frustrating times of my EA prep, so I thought I'd give back to the community by sharing my experience.

43 year old male, non-native English speaker, academic research background (PhD in Molecular Genetics, post-doc), working in big pharma for the past 8+ years across multiple European markets.

I took the exam a couple of days ago and scored 158 (IR:14, VR:13, QR:11). I was a bit annoyed with the low score in quant that is probably due to the fact that after the VR I was exhausted and slightly disengaged because I knew I had performed well. Overall the difficulty of the exam was similar to the one of the prep questions. My practice scores are shown below:

Mock EA 1: 155, (IR-11, VR-12, QR-12)
Mock EA 2: 156, (IR-12, VR-12, QR-12)
Mock EA 3: 156, (IR-13, VR-12, QR-13)
Mock EA 4: didn't bother....

For my prep, I used Magoosh (which in hindsight was useful but probably an overkill) and the EA course from Manhattan prep, which was great and helped me a lot.

Good luck to all future test takers!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10  ...  18