Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 07:02 It is currently 07 May 2024, 07:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT Dhanbad
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi zuhaib1991,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) Is this the only CAT that you have taken? How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?

Goals:
3) What is your goal score?
4) What is your exact Test Date?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]
i have studied for 15-20 days ,on and off but now from the past 2 days i am giving 10-11 hours.I gave gmat around 1 year back,scored q-48 v-23.My exact test date is 29th september,goal score being 760.

also the last exam i gave,i gave with a preparation of 10 days,i just solved OG questions without reviewing and maintaining an error log.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi zuhaib1991,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) Is this the only CAT that you have taken? How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?

Goals:
3) What is your goal score?
4) What is your exact Test Date?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
zuhaib1991 wrote:
i have studied for 15-20 days ,on and off but now from the past 2 days i am giving 10-11 hours.I gave gmat around 1 year back,scored q-48 v-23.My exact test date is 29th september,goal score being 760.

also the last exam i gave,i gave with a preparation of 10 days,i just solved OG questions without reviewing and maintaining an error log.

ambitious goal. After hearing you already got Q48 then i think you can get Q50 with some serious prep. Maybe another 3-4 weeks serious prep. For verbal, that's going to be the toughest part. I get the feeling that you have a math background if so the verbal is going to be a real pain to improve in such a short period of time. Q30 --> Q40 can take from atleast a month of serious prep to 6 months depending on ability and dedication.

For Quant: Get the Question pack 1 and practice from gmatclub tests. For verbal i'd recommend getting e-gmat or go over all of Thursdays with Ron Videos (free on MGMAT website). Recommended by a lot of 760 scorers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jkolachi wrote:
zuhaib1991 wrote:

ambitious goal. After hearing you already got Q48 then i think you can get Q50 with some serious prep. Maybe another 3-4 weeks serious prep. For verbal, that's going to be the toughest part. I get the feeling that you have a math background if so the verbal is going to be a real pain to improve in such a short period of time. Q30 --> Q40 can take from atleast a month of serious prep to 6 months depending on ability and dedication.

For Quant: Get the Question pack 1 and practice from gmatclub tests. For verbal i'd recommend getting e-gmat or go over all of Thursdays with Ron Videos (free on MGMAT website). Recommended by a lot of 760 scorers.

Thanks for the valuable advice,will do,i am struggling a bit with verb,lets see what happens
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi zuhaib1991

First Read manhattan quant books advance section.
Second read GMAT Club quant book to clear your concepts.
Third, try GMAT CLUB quant tests , the best in the industry.

I raised my score to Q50 using these tests only. took 2 weeks to reach this level.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaaspirant80 wrote:
Hi zuhaib1991

First Read manhattan quant books advance section.
Second read GMAT Club quant book to clear your concepts.
Third, try GMAT CLUB quant tests , the best in the industry.

I raised my score to Q50 using these tests only. took 2 weeks to reach this level.

KIndly give ADVICE FOR THE VERBAL TOO
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi zuhaib1991,

Based on everything that you've described, there are a couple of different issues to discuss:

First, a GMAT score from 1 year ago isn't really relevant right now. Since you just just scored Q44/V30 on a practice CAT, THAT is the score that we have to work from. Raising that score to a 760+ (essentially Q50+ and V41+) will take a significant amount of work - and you'll have to make big improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. All of that training will likely take at least another 2-3 months of consistent, guided study. Thus, the goal to hit that score in just 3 weeks is not realistic and you might want to consider pushing back your Test Date.

That all having been said, NO Business School requires a GMAT Score that high, so the score that you "want" and the score that you "need" are probably not the same thing. You didn't answer all of my earlier questions - and those answers are relevant to what we're discussing.

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey guys,
so i gave gmat prep a week back,scored 680 q-46 v-37. and gave one gmat prep today scored 710 q-48 v-39,i am planning to give gmat in the next 10 days:

1)what do you guys think is a realistic score that i should expect?
2)i am weak in inequalities,number properties and CR ,so kindly give your valuable input...
3)also i graduated my engineering in 5 years from VIT Vellore and i have 2 and half years of IT & Banking sales experience [cause nobody would offer me a job and also i always thought i was good at selling ]so,i just want to know even if i max out my score(which i dont expect to be more than 720) will i stil have a chance of getting into colleges like ISB (in india) or INSEAD,KELLOGS AND "HARVARD" abroad.[i know its a stupid question but i just had to ask]
GMAT Club Bot