It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 08:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 21

NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 20:55
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys,
i plan to take gmat in 3 weeks,have booked the date.Gave gmat prep yesterday,scored v-30,quant 44.Have only studied by Og-16 as of now.i need help with following,Any suggestions would be welcomed.


1) timing in verbal.(please dont share links)
2) i feel i can score 50-51 in quant,need a lil more practice.Tell me the right material to use.My timing in quant is good.
3) SC,CR and RC strategy (Again please dont share links)

Guys it would really help me if you guys can share your thoughts on the same.HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 21

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 12 Oct 2015
Posts: 211

Kudos [?]: 134 [1], given: 105

Location: Canada
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 10:18
1
This post received
KUDOS
I think you are being very optimistic when you say you think you can score Q50-Q51. Improving from Q30-Q44 is not as difficult as going from Q44-Q50. In fact i'd say most people never move beyond Q48-49 because at that level its not about knowledge or how good you are at solving tough questions. Getting Q50-Q51 requires a great deal of focus during the test and mastery of all the concepts. I wish you luck but i'd say put in another few months of test if you really want to score Q50. You might not be having timing issues at this level but once you start getting the Q50 level questions they will take much longer to solve at that point the timing comes into the equation..... So timing at Q45 and Q50 are two different things.

For timing in verbal: If you get stuck just guess and move on. For RC don't read into the details focus on the structure of the passage. Once again if you can't figure out a question then don't stare at the screen just move on. Its better to get a question wrong in 1 minute then 3 minutes.

For Quant, sign up for Gmatclub tests and give 2-3 tests a week. I think you can quickly improve to Q47-Q48 but moving beyond that in such a short period of time is going to be very tough. But Feel free to prove me wrong.
_________________

Winners dont make excuses.

350--> 700

https://gmatclub.com/forum/700-q47-v39-ir-7-awa-246682.html

Kudos [?]: 134 [1], given: 105

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 10351

Kudos [?]: 3668 [0], given: 173

Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 16:00
Hi zuhaib1991,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) Is this the only CAT that you have taken? How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?

Goals:
3) What is your goal score?
4) What is your exact Test Date?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Kudos [?]: 3668 [0], given: 173

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 21:38
i have studied for 15-20 days ,on and off but now from the past 2 days i am giving 10-11 hours.I gave gmat around 1 year back,scored q-48 v-23.My exact test date is 29th september,goal score being 760.



also the last exam i gave,i gave with a preparation of 10 days,i just solved OG questions without reviewing and maintaining an error log.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 23:12
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi zuhaib1991,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) Is this the only CAT that you have taken? How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?

Goals:
3) What is your goal score?
4) What is your exact Test Date?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

....

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

Manager
Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 12 Oct 2015
Posts: 211

Kudos [?]: 134 [0], given: 105

Location: Canada
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 07:07
zuhaib1991 wrote:
i have studied for 15-20 days ,on and off but now from the past 2 days i am giving 10-11 hours.I gave gmat around 1 year back,scored q-48 v-23.My exact test date is 29th september,goal score being 760.



also the last exam i gave,i gave with a preparation of 10 days,i just solved OG questions without reviewing and maintaining an error log.


ambitious goal. After hearing you already got Q48 then i think you can get Q50 with some serious prep. Maybe another 3-4 weeks serious prep. For verbal, that's going to be the toughest part. I get the feeling that you have a math background if so the verbal is going to be a real pain to improve in such a short period of time. Q30 --> Q40 can take from atleast a month of serious prep to 6 months depending on ability and dedication.

For Quant: Get the Question pack 1 and practice from gmatclub tests. For verbal i'd recommend getting e-gmat or go over all of Thursdays with Ron Videos (free on MGMAT website). Recommended by a lot of 760 scorers.
_________________

Winners dont make excuses.

350--> 700

https://gmatclub.com/forum/700-q47-v39-ir-7-awa-246682.html

Kudos [?]: 134 [0], given: 105

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 08:55
jkolachi wrote:
zuhaib1991 wrote:
i have studied for 15-20 days ,on and off but now from the past 2 days i am giving 10-11 hours.I gave gmat around 1 year back,scored q-48 v-23.My exact test date is 29th september,goal score being 760.



also the last exam i gave,i gave with a preparation of 10 days,i just solved OG questions without reviewing and maintaining an error log.


ambitious goal. After hearing you already got Q48 then i think you can get Q50 with some serious prep. Maybe another 3-4 weeks serious prep. For verbal, that's going to be the toughest part. I get the feeling that you have a math background if so the verbal is going to be a real pain to improve in such a short period of time. Q30 --> Q40 can take from atleast a month of serious prep to 6 months depending on ability and dedication.

For Quant: Get the Question pack 1 and practice from gmatclub tests. For verbal i'd recommend getting e-gmat or go over all of Thursdays with Ron Videos (free on MGMAT website). Recommended by a lot of 760 scorers.



Thanks for the valuable advice,will do,i am struggling a bit with verb,lets see what happens

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
P
Joined: 14 Apr 2017
Posts: 247

Kudos [?]: 45 [1], given: 18

Location: India
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 09:06
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi zuhaib1991

First Read manhattan quant books advance section.
Second read GMAT Club quant book to clear your concepts.
Third, try GMAT CLUB quant tests , the best in the industry.

I raised my score to Q50 using these tests only. took 2 weeks to reach this level.
_________________

Thanks
71 tough IR questions218-ds-questions-for-practice
awa-ppt-the-best-resource-for-gmat
new-critical-reasoning-super-megathread-updated

Kudos [?]: 45 [1], given: 18

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 09:15
mbaaspirant80 wrote:
Hi zuhaib1991

First Read manhattan quant books advance section.
Second read GMAT Club quant book to clear your concepts.
Third, try GMAT CLUB quant tests , the best in the industry.

I raised my score to Q50 using these tests only. took 2 weeks to reach this level.




KIndly give ADVICE FOR THE VERBAL TOO

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 10351

Kudos [?]: 3668 [0], given: 173

Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 13:01
Hi zuhaib1991,

Based on everything that you've described, there are a couple of different issues to discuss:

First, a GMAT score from 1 year ago isn't really relevant right now. Since you just just scored Q44/V30 on a practice CAT, THAT is the score that we have to work from. Raising that score to a 760+ (essentially Q50+ and V41+) will take a significant amount of work - and you'll have to make big improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. All of that training will likely take at least another 2-3 months of consistent, guided study. Thus, the goal to hit that score in just 3 weeks is not realistic and you might want to consider pushing back your Test Date.

That all having been said, NO Business School requires a GMAT Score that high, so the score that you "want" and the score that you "need" are probably not the same thing. You didn't answer all of my earlier questions - and those answers are relevant to what we're discussing.

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Kudos [?]: 3668 [0], given: 173

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 04:30
hey guys,
so i gave gmat prep a week back,scored 680 q-46 v-37. and gave one gmat prep today scored 710 q-48 v-39,i am planning to give gmat in the next 10 days:

1)what do you guys think is a realistic score that i should expect?
2)i am weak in inequalities,number properties and CR ,so kindly give your valuable input...
3)also i graduated my engineering in 5 years from VIT Vellore and i have 2 and half years of IT & Banking sales experience [cause nobody would offer me a job and also i always thought i was good at selling ]so,i just want to know even if i max out my score(which i dont expect to be more than 720) will i stil have a chance of getting into colleges like ISB (in india) or INSEAD,KELLOGS AND "HARVARD" abroad.[i know its a stupid question but i just had to ask]

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Posts: 556

Kudos [?]: 139 [1], given: 64

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 23:01
1
This post received
KUDOS
zuhaib1991 wrote:
Hi guys,
i plan to take gmat in 3 weeks,have booked the date.Gave gmat prep yesterday,scored v-30,quant 44.Have only studied by Og-16 as of now.i need help with following,Any suggestions would be welcomed.


1) timing in verbal.(please dont share links)
2) i feel i can score 50-51 in quant,need a lil more practice.Tell me the right material to use.My timing in quant is good.
3) SC,CR and RC strategy (Again please dont share links)

Guys it would really help me if you guys can share your thoughts on the same.HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hi zuhaib1991,

So my first guess, you are an engineer :).. Though I might be wrong. So, You have GMAT within 3 weeks from now. Firstly congratulations you have taken the first step & booked the test. Now these 3 weeks are the most crucial time in which you can improve exponentially due to the exam pressure.

So,
0. Feel happy that you are scoring at least V - 30 & Q-44 as of now. Feel happy about your confidence to get 50-51 in quant. Let answer your question point by point now.

1. Timing in Verbal : So, if you are feeling that you would not be able to complete the whole paper basically you will have to save time in most of the RC & CR while reading the passage also in SC while thinking about the answer and not reading same thing again and again. So, how will this happen. Surely this is difficult and take time. SO what can you do in these 3 weeks. I would recommend you to solve 2 RCs, 5 CR and 5 SC daily on gmatclub with timer. This will help you a lot to improve. If you can't do this. Atleast solve 2 RCs daily and questions of the day provided by gmatclub in your workbook on daily basis. It is surely going to improve your score upto V-35

2. If you feel you can score upto 50-51 in quant, you know all the concepts but you are surely silly mistakes while solving the problem. What you need to do now. Just solve the OG again in next 15 days. 30 questions a day with timer. And on the exam day, try to give more time in the first 10-15 questions, it will surely improve your score.

3. Strategy provided in point 1.

Hope that helps....
_________________

MBA Social Network : WebMaggu

Appreciate by Clicking +1 Kudos ( Lets be more generous friends.)

Kudos [?]: 139 [1], given: 64

Re: NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44   [#permalink] 19 Sep 2017, 23:01
Display posts from previous: Sort by

NEED HELP,Exam in 3 weeks.Gave gmat prep scored v-30,q-44

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.