Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:07 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 774 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
healthcareguy wrote:
vibhav wrote:
Also i just checked my app status, it does not read completed.

So you have an interview invitation and your status does not read complete? Interesting.

I think the point of confusion is what constitutes "complete". Some folks would assume that, because of the nature of Kellogg's admissions process, an interview or a waiver is an integral part of the application. So how can your packet be complete if you haven't had an interview or a waiver?

Well it's 8 weeks today. Anyone planning to call or email Admissions?

Complete means they have looked at the package you submitted and ensured all pieces are their. The interview will critical to begin review, does not impact the complete status. That is also why there is the caveat stating that if your interview has been complete...

By all means, if you are concerned, please contact admissions to confirm.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
healthcareguy wrote:
vibhav wrote:

So you have an interview invitation and your status does not read complete? Interesting.

I think the point of confusion is what constitutes "complete". Some folks would assume that, because of the nature of Kellogg's admissions process, an interview or a waiver is an integral part of the application. So how can your packet be complete if you haven't had an interview or a waiver?

I think I'm going to email Admissions in a couple of days.

Vibha, I see the point you make about not having received an email being a good thing. But I can only take so much silence. That's why I am inclined to wait a little longer, probably till the weekend, and email them, if necessary.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
healthcareguy wrote:
vibhav wrote:

Healthcareguy, i wish i had already received the invite.. but truth is i'm also waiting! Also i think 8 weeks end on 14thFeb.. coz part 1 deadline was 14th Dec. As some of the official replies read, Kellogg does not read the applications in order of receipt, so i guess for them the 8week process starts after closure of part1 deadline. Correct me guys if i understand wrong.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Completed my interview recently. It was on campus with a member of the Admissions Committee. Pretty much the standard questions outlined by others.

This was my fourth interview (Tuck, Johnson, and Darden before this). Five months ago if you'd asked me whether open interviews were a good thing, I would have said yes. Now, having gone through two of them (Tuck also), I'd say I'm not really a fan. It's a bit of a cattle call. And you're shelling out a lot of money to travel before you even know whether the school has any interest in you (unless you select off-campus for Kellogg).

My interviewer tried to be nice, but for the most part she seemed distant. It was very tough to get a feel for whether anything resonated with her. The two schools that invited me to interview seemed more enthusiastic about conducting the interview because a couple people had already vetted the application and deemed you worthy of talking to. I got the feeling at Kellogg that some of the interviewers are tired, worn out, and just going through the steps in a very detached sort of way. Maybe I just caught her on a bad day, but it seemed to not jive with the overall Kellogg atmosphere.

I did really enjoy the school and my class visit. I'd be thrilled to get in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
just received an interview waiver. good luck all r2 applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
Send PM
Gryphon wrote:
Completed my interview recently. It was on campus with a member of the Admissions Committee. Pretty much the standard questions outlined by others.

This was my fourth interview (Tuck, Johnson, and Darden before this). Five months ago if you'd asked me whether open interviews were a good thing, I would have said yes. Now, having gone through two of them (Tuck also), I'd say I'm not really a fan. It's a bit of a cattle call. And you're shelling out a lot of money to travel before you even know whether the school has any interest in you (unless you select off-campus for Kellogg).

My interviewer tried to be nice, but for the most part she seemed distant. It was very tough to get a feel for whether anything resonated with her. The two schools that invited me to interview seemed more enthusiastic about conducting the interview because a couple people had already vetted the application and deemed you worthy of talking to. I got the feeling at Kellogg that some of the interviewers are tired, worn out, and just going through the steps in a very detached sort of way. Maybe I just caught her on a bad day, but it seemed to not jive with the overall Kellogg atmosphere.

same feeling here. spent a lot of time and money on the visit. yet, did not feel the attention I deserved. they may flat out be NOT interested in me at all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
shady14 wrote:

Are you an international applicant located outside the US?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Gryphon wrote:

I agree with you. With the schools from which I received an invite I know I have roughly a 40% to 60% chance of getting in. That makes it a lot easier to justify taking a day off work, and spending $400 to $600 on a flight and hotel. With the open invite, you have no idea if you are just spending more money for no reason. Besides, while my impression is the interview is important, it's more a bad interview can ruin a good paper application, than a great interview salvaging a poor paper application. If you are a ding before the interview, there's a likelihood you're a ding afterwards.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
healthcareguy wrote:
shady14 wrote:

Are you an international applicant located outside the US?

no. domestic :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ok so now my app satus changed.. reads as below.

All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been determined, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round.

Please note that applications are not necessarily reviewed in the order received, and the timing of one's decision is not an indicator of a candidate's strengths or weaknesses relative to others who applied in the same round.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Got interview invite at Mumbai, scheduled on 18th. Anybody else here ? I guess all the applicants who opted Mumbai would have received this mail (it hit my inbox at Feb 7, 2012 at 6:26 AM IST)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2219 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
gauravjain000 wrote:
Got interview invite at Mumbai, scheduled on 18th. Anybody else here ? I guess all the applicants who opted Mumbai would have received this mail (it hit my inbox at Feb 7, 2012 at 6:26 AM IST)

Congrats! When did you submit part 1?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
i guess somewhere between 11-13th Dec. Does that matter ? you heard back from them gmatpapa ? my application status also say that it is complete but will be sent to ad com only after the interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gauravjain000 wrote:

congrats gauravjain000! anybody else got mumbai invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
My app just says:
Part I submitted
Part 2 submitted

Nothing else....I already had my interview.

Anybody has de same status as me?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.48
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
vibhav wrote:
gauravjain000 wrote:

congrats gauravjain000! anybody else got mumbai invites?

Am from Mumbai, waiting still... no invite for me so far...! i think games over for me at Kellogg! All the best to you guys.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hello guys, just to let you know that I sent an email to admissions to inform about the withdrawal of my application (R1 waitilist). I am international (Venezuelan) living in Spain. It was fun to share with you in this blog. Best!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  68   69   70   71   72   73   74  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts