Last visit was: 01 Jun 2024, 01:56 It is currently 01 Jun 2024, 01:56
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '15 (S)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Dbalks wrote:
After seeing the videos, i am intimidated and no my supplemental essay isnt up to par.. Oh well

You shouldn't be, because you have no idea what else is in those people's profiles. Your supplemental essay should convey whatever you feel it should to round out your app. I have a weakness in my profile (it's small, but noticeable and needs to be addressed) that I talked about in ALL of my applications. Being that the Sloan video had a 60 second limit, I had a very small amount of time to cover that AND talk about me. I opened with about 20 seconds of a "me stuff" (I kept it to one theme due to time) and spent the other 39 seconds talking about my profile issue and putting a positive spin on it. We'll see if it worked.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Kudos
olurmuki wrote:
purpleshirt wrote:
Just wanted to offer some encouragement to all R1 applicants anxiously awaiting for interview invites!

I got my invite in mid-January. Invites didn't start rolling out in full force until mid-December. Soooooo sit back, relax and enjoy the holidays. Seriously, there's nothing else you can do at this point...

Purpleshirt, thanks for the encouragement..

However this post says you got invited mid December, no? -)

sloan-2012-calling-mba-all-applicants-118297-280.html#p1016249

hahah wow, my bad!!!! :oops: Good fact checking skills. Sorry, I really didn't mean to mislead you all. I just totally remembered incorrectly....

Yes, I got my invite mid-Dec and interviewed in mid-January. The interview was what I was remembering. Sorry :oops:

But still, fact remains - you've submitted the best application you can. Nothing to do at this point....except peruse last year's thread :)

Btw, some insider info - current students are signing up to participate in lunches with on-campus interviewees. These look like they're starting Dec. 10!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aerien wrote:
olurmuki wrote:
you know the next best thing to do when your fav schools forum is not progressing?
check previous years -)

cheers!

and good luck all!

olurmuki, I like your style! :) At this rate, December can't come fast enough...good thing December 1 is Saturday!

aerien, likewise! any odds you are adcom by the way? -)
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
olurmuki wrote:
aerien wrote:
olurmuki wrote:
you know the next best thing to do when your fav schools forum is not progressing?
check previous years -)

cheers!

and good luck all!

olurmuki, I like your style! :) At this rate, December can't come fast enough...good thing December 1 is Saturday!

aerien, likewise! any odds you are adcom by the way? -)

I wish! Then I'd have the inside scoop on everything :) I'm just another applicant waiting for good news, like you!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
seems like all the results will be all at the same time , so much for the happy holidays :-( Looks like this xmas may be not so merry :cry:
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51554 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
mbaover30 wrote:
Dbalks wrote:
After seeing the videos, i am intimidated and no my supplemental essay isnt up to par.. Oh well

You shouldn't be, because you have no idea what else is in those people's profiles. Your supplemental essay should convey whatever you feel it should to round out your app. I have a weakness in my profile (it's small, but noticeable and needs to be addressed) that I talked about in ALL of my applications. Being that the Sloan video had a 60 second limit, I had a very small amount of time to cover that AND talk about me. I opened with about 20 seconds of a "me stuff" (I kept it to one theme due to time) and spent the other 39 seconds talking about my profile issue and putting a positive spin on it. We'll see if it worked.

Just saw a whole bunch of Sloan videos . Lot of them are really creative and very well executed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q49 V44
Send PM
Best of luck to everyone else anxiously waiting for an interview invite. My supplemental analytics indicate they still haven't viewed mine.

Anyone know the process for scheduling interviews? When Sloan invites you to interview at a nearby large city, are the # of spots sufficient for the # of candidates, or do slots fill up?

Is the interview invite for a single date or a range of dates to choose from?

If we're asked to do a Skype interview, can we choose to interview on-campus instead? How easy is scheduling on-campus interviews?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Kudos
justnorth wrote:
Best of luck to everyone else anxiously waiting for an interview invite. My supplemental analytics indicate they still haven't viewed mine.

Anyone know the process for scheduling interviews? When Sloan invites you to interview at a nearby large city, are the # of spots sufficient for the # of candidates, or do slots fill up?

If we're asked to do a Skype interview, can we choose to interview on-campus instead? How easy is scheduling on-campus interviews?

Here is the interview invite process from last year...

1. They offer you a range of dates - I think over a two week period - for a specific city. I believe the # of spots closely match the # of invites. Thus, if you want to most flexibility, sign up ASAP. They fill up quite quickly.

2. If you're asked to do a Skype interview because you're not close to an interview hub, I imagine you can ask to come to campus. They value in-person interviews, whether on campus or at an interview hub, so I don't think they would deter you if you want to invest the travel costs :)

Good luck this next week!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
purpleshirt wrote:
justnorth wrote:

Here is the interview invite process from last year...

1. They offer you a range of dates - I think over a two week period - for a specific city. I believe the # of spots closely match the # of invites. Thus, if you want to most flexibility, sign up ASAP. They fill up quite quickly.

2. If you're asked to do a Skype interview because you're not close to an interview hub, I imagine you can ask to come to campus. They value in-person interviews, whether on campus or at an interview hub, so I don't think they would deter you if you want to invest the travel costs :)

Good luck this next week!!!!

Thanks purpleshirt,

Any insight into when the international applicants will be invited?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Sloan '15 (D)
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Good luck to everyone! Tomorrow may be the start of invitations!
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
So do we start hearing about the interview invites from today?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Do interview invites start today or this week?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
They are supposed to start rolling out on mid december. Even if the comment posted before is true, (stating that an insider from MIT is saying that there is an interview event scheduled for Dec 10), it is now too late to actually get people in time for this event unless they reside in the new england area and can travel with a very short notice.

I am thinking that December 10'sh or so is when the invites roll out and interview slots begin on around the 17th or 18th.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
fsaq wrote:
They are supposed to start rolling out on mid december. Even if the comment posted before is true, (stating that an insider from MIT is saying that there is an interview event scheduled for Dec 10), it is now too late to actually get people in time for this event unless they reside in the new england area and can travel with a very short notice.

I am thinking that December 10'sh or so is when the invites roll out and interview slots begin on around the 17th or 18th.

I disagree. If interviews start in December they should start next week. Keep in mind, schools are closed for the holidays and I doubt we would interview during finals week.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
fsaq wrote:

I disagree. If interviews start in December they should start next week. Keep in mind, schools are closed for the holidays and I doubt we would interview during finals week.

Like I said, if they start next week, it must be for people residing very near the school who can travel in short notice, but I doubt it will be for hubs and so on. Also a friend of mine interviewed on the 22 nd of December two years ago (he was accepted) and got his invite 10 days in advance. So I agree to disagree :-D
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
fsaq wrote:
aerien wrote:
fsaq wrote:

Like I said, if they start next week, it must be for people residing very near the school who can travel in short notice, but I doubt it will be for hubs and so on. Also a friend of mine interviewed on the 22 nd of December two years ago (he was accepted) and got his invite 10 days in advance. So I agree to disagree :-D

Interesting. Are interviews done by 2nd years? The (few) people I know are all going home by the 15th-ish so logistically it doesn't make sense to me to have interviews that close to the holidays (granted, my sample size is small...). I guess we'll see when invites start to roll out.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17  ...  57   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts