Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:19 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
mudit234 wrote:
Msgorgeous wrote:
Anyone received call or email from UCLA after interview? Waiting is killing me......My best friend just received TUCK offer, while I'm still waiting, feel so bad!

Doesn't seem like anyone has. Guessing with the trends from last year, we should hear something by 18th.

Yesterday I was admitted by London Business School, but UCLA is my first option. So I decided to write to admissions explaining the situation. They replied to me that this year they do not expect to release an early decision batch as opposed to what they did last year....really disappointing as I only have 4 weeks for accepting LBS offer...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
luis14 wrote:
mudit234 wrote:
Msgorgeous wrote:
Anyone received call or email from UCLA after interview? Waiting is killing me......My best friend just received TUCK offer, while I'm still waiting, feel so bad!

Doesn't seem like anyone has. Guessing with the trends from last year, we should hear something by 18th.

Yesterday I was admitted by London Business School, but UCLA is my first option. So I decided to write to admissions explaining the situation. They replied to me that this year they do not expect to release an early decision batch as opposed to what they did last year....really disappointing as I only have 4 weeks for accepting LBS offer...

Feel sad to hear that....and I guess you're going to pay the deposit for LBS, right?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
luis14 wrote:
mudit234 wrote:
Msgorgeous wrote:

This is quite deflating.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Really?! But January 23 is so far away though...

The optimist in me says they won't divulge information about any early decision releases because then people will hold them to that. I guess we'll know for sure eventually.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hmm, I remember my interviewer(a second year) said that UCLA is releasing some decisions before the holidays. I don't believe he has a reason to trick me.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
dtkuo16277 wrote:
Hmm, I remember my interviewer(a second year) said that UCLA is releasing some decisions before the holidays. I don't believe he has a reason to trick me.

Perhaps the good news will come next week. I heard something similar so I was/am expecting some people to hear back by at least the 17th... (Not a hard date I've heard from anyone official; just a guess based on some conversations I've heard). They could still surprise us later today-- it is only 2pm PT.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Man, some good news today from Anderson after the Tuck ding would be fantastic! Not to mention that I would have picked Anderson over Tuck, regardless.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone's status change? Mine has not.

Status changes = gears turning.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
MrAlpaca wrote:
Anyone's status change? Mine has not.

Status changes = gears turning.

I think this year's "applyyourself" platform has NOT been reflecting any status changes other than letting people know that they have successfully submitted their apps right? Mine has been saying "Submitted" for all this time even after the interview. Please shed some light if you have a different experience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I agree with you, dtkuo. I'd be really shocked if any admission hints could be derived from the applyyourself platform this year.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
To quell my own feelings about this, I went through my inbox and found last year's email talking about December admits.

UCLA sent the email on December 14, 2011, exactly 1 year ago today, that said (among other things):
Our largest-ever group of December admits will be announced before the holidays to spread good cheer -- then more admissions and interviews will come after our school's winter-break closure Dec. 22 to Jan. 2

So far, I haven't received anything to that effect this year, so it's up to you all individually to keep hoping throughout the holidays or just resign to waiting until the end of January. At least in another month and a half, we'll look back on this and laugh at our crazy selves for completely over-analyzing this situation :)

EDIT: @Luis -- thanks for your initial post. It's not that I don't believe you...it's that I don't want to believe they'd leave us hanging after interviewing us so early on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Next week should be it guys....I think they just want to consider all applicants they've interviewed up until this week (end of the quarter, so students are off for the winter break)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
no matter whether in or not, i have to move on....to pay the deposit for another program and to continue writing essays of other programs, deadline for R2 is coming, only half month left! :twisted:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aerien wrote:
To quell my own feelings about this, I went through my inbox and found last year's email talking about December admits.

Great Aerien, hope you will be right with your forecast and lets look forward to hearing fron UCLA next week as it would be extremely painful for me paying the 1500 pounds reservation fee in LBS (deadline: 22 jan) and on 23 jan being admitted at UCLA...

UCLA sent the email on December 14, 2011, exactly 1 year ago today, that said (among other things):
Our largest-ever group of December admits will be announced before the holidays to spread good cheer -- then more admissions and interviews will come after our school's winter-break closure Dec. 22 to Jan. 2

So far, I haven't received anything to that effect this year, so it's up to you all individually to keep hoping throughout the holidays or just resign to waiting until the end of January. At least in another month and a half, we'll look back on this and laugh at our crazy selves for completely over-analyzing this situation :)

EDIT: @Luis -- thanks for your initial post. It's not that I don't believe you...it's that I don't want to believe they'd leave us hanging after interviewing us so early on.

Great Aerien, hope you will be right with your forecast and lets look forward to hearing fron UCLA next week as it would be extremely painful for me paying the 1500 pounds reservation fee in LBS (deadline: 22 jan) and on 23 jan being admitted at UCLA...

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Good luck everybody. I hope some of the people get the good news soon.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
The unfortunate fact is- the most official piece of information anyone has heard is on the negative side... I was told, during an info session, that UCLA does a semi-rolling admission. Others were told during their interviews that they admit some before the holidays, but I would tend to believe the adcom member who sent the email last Friday.

There's no other way to put it... We may be left out in the cold for a little longer! It just sucks.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hang in there guys and stay tuned for admissions news this week
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  48