Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.23
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
hailmary620 wrote:
Any idea when you get the scheduling email is sent out? I want to book my expensive flight, before it goes more expensive.

It's out now. Open dates in Durham range from 2/14 - 2/23 with the option to schedule activities such as tours, lunches, receptions and class visits. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Will be interviewing in the Shanghai Hub. Duke booked Le Royal Meridian, in which admission events will also be held on that day. It's really a good opportunity to let Duke know more of me and vise versa. Good luck to all those invited!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Just booked my flight to Durham for 2/21 - 2/23! I also booked a room at the R David Thomas Conference Center, which is right next to the Fuqua campus. Has anyone stayed there before? Do Fuqua students hang out there at all? Really looking forward to participating in Fuqua Friday!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
generalsouth wrote:
Just booked my flight to Durham for 2/21 - 2/23! I also booked a room at the R David Thomas Conference Center, which is right next to the Fuqua campus. Has anyone stayed there before? Do Fuqua students hang out there at all? Really looking forward to participating in Fuqua Friday!

How much were the rooms there? I spent $700 on my flight, a room on the cheaper side would be great... im guessing this is not on the cheap side though
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Turtleinatutu wrote:
generalsouth wrote:

How much were the rooms there? I spent $700 on my flight, a room on the cheaper side would be great... im guessing this is not on the cheap side though

It's $139 a night plus tax. Not the cheapest but definitely a lot better than the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Course which is over $200. plus you can't beat the location. Another good option is the Millennium Hotel which is 1.5 miles away, cheapest rooms there are $105/night, but you would probably have to take a taxi to campus. Wow $700 on your flight?? where are you traveling from? my flight from CA was $480.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
generalsouth wrote:
Turtleinatutu wrote:
generalsouth wrote:

It's $139 a night plus tax. Not the cheapest but definitely a lot better than the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Course which is over $200. plus you can't beat the location. Another good option is the Millennium Hotel which is 1.5 miles away, cheapest rooms there are $105/night, but you would probably have to take a taxi to campus. Wow $700 on your flight?? where are you traveling from? my flight from CA was $480.

ORRR you can airbnb it, which is going to be your cheapest option.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
generalsouth wrote:
Turtleinatutu wrote:
generalsouth wrote:

The Thomas center is connected to Fuqua with a covered bridge. Definitely wins points for convenient location and people who stayed there said they liked it. I don't think students hang out there -- my impression was that mostly visitors and part time/weekend students stayed there.

The Millennium has a free shuttle to/from campus and you can tell the driver to take you to Fuqua. It takes 10 min, maybe less...it's basically down the street.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
omnivorous wrote:
Will be interviewing in the Shanghai Hub. Duke booked Le Royal Meridian, in which admission events will also be held on that day. It's really a good opportunity to let Duke know more of me and vise versa. Good luck to all those invited!

I'll see you there! I'm looking forward to the events as well as meeting some other candidates.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
omnivorous wrote:

Omnivorous, were the venue and date details provided in the email or on Duke's online scheduling system once logged in?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.22
WE:Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
General South where are you getting your prices from?, Even Google tells me the Washington Duke is only 113 a night., As for where I'm staying?, I'll be enjoying my complimentary bfast at the Quality Inns and Suites at 72+tax.

For everyone still booking AMEX had the prices on everything I could find, it even beat kayak. Which is rare.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
generalsouth wrote:
Turtleinatutu wrote:
generalsouth wrote:

Im traveling from CA too, but I am flying there on Thursday...last minute flights.

Thanks for the info! Good luck to you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I'm freaking out a little. I got the scheduling email but it said I requested a hub location (San Francisco). I don't remember selecting this, so I went to my application, and sure enough, it said San Francisco. I really want to visit the campus and have my interview there, but I assume I won't be able to get a hold of admissions until Monday. Does anyone think I will have a problem securing a slot?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
generalsouth wrote:
Turtleinatutu wrote:
generalsouth wrote:

I booked on expedia, I am coming on the 22nd friday, doing my interview on 23rd, and leaving on 24th morning.
I got a discounted hotel at the millenium - for a grand total of $108.yes, that is for two nights not per night! It was so good, although I would have preferred to stay on campus, I just could not refuse. I booked my interview late on Sat to take full advantage of all available sessions etc. between Friday and Saturday -- hope I don't get too tired!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
generalsouth wrote:

Also I did not see an availability of Fuqua friday on the 22nd. Were you able to select one for 2/22 in the drop down?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
I think Friday the 22nd is full. It was available when I first got the e-mail and I almost scheduled it but decided to wait until after work so I would have a chance to look at flights. Now it doesn't seem to be available :?

Oh well. I'm scheduled for next Saturday the 16th. I scheduled the interview, tour, and class visit. Is that right that they have classes on a Saturday? Doesn't that seem strange?

I got a car rental and I still gotta figure out a hotel.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
I think Friday the 22nd is full. It was available when I first got the e-mail and I almost scheduled it but decided to wait until after work so I would have a chance to look at flights. Now it doesn't seem to be available :?

Oh well. I'm scheduled for next Saturday the 16th. I scheduled the interview, tour, and class visit. Is that right that they have classes on a Saturday? Doesn't that seem strange?

I got a car rental and I still gotta figure out a hotel.

Classes on sat seemed strange to me as well, but I have one scheduled for the 23rd. Maybe they are exec MBA classes, not sure?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Send PM
saurabhpankaj wrote:
No one gets admitted without intvw! Infact for Duke the ratio of acceptance to interview invites would be much lower because of their self initiated interview.
Not invited in R2 means little hope, considering their is already a long line up of WL-ed candidate from EA/R1.

ratio would be lower, but how many R2 applicants interviewed during the open period (which was sept/oct?). I think most of those candidates were probably EA/R1.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts