Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 17:02 It is currently 04 May 2024, 17:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Truegmat wrote:
How many of you guys did not got the reply of your thank you note which you send after the interview. Apparently I did not got any response, I don't know if it's a kind of bad sign?

There have been multiple threads and posts on this matter. Getting a reply or not has no bearing on your decision and is not an indicator of a positive, neutral, or negative decision. Just know that after completing your interview you've done all you can. Now you just have to wait it out until the result.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Truegmat wrote:
How many of you guys did not got the reply of your thank you note which you send after the interview. Apparently I did not got any response, I don't know if it's a kind of bad sign?

Ya...me neither...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
overbored wrote:
Hi! Does Booth send any notification to candidates after receiving the interview report from interviewers? How do people know if their interviewer has submitted an interview report?

No need to worry about this. Interview reports, part of admissions duties, which they do well. They have this covered.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
Truegmat wrote:

I think it depends on the interviewers. I interviewed at two schools, and both times received very "encouraging" and "sweet" replies. On both occasions I connected with my interviewer and shared some good laughs. I don't think it changed my candidacy at all, but definitely helped my "self esteem" and "blood pressure".
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
Truegmat wrote:

I think it depends on the interviewers. I interviewed at two schools, and both times received very "encouraging" and "sweet" replies. On both occasions I connected with my interviewer and shared some good laughs. I don't think it changed my candidacy at all, but definitely helped my "self esteem" and "blood pressure".

I had a great interview, great interaction, very positive. She seemed very much on my side. No response to my thank you note. I will tell you, from also having been on the other side of receiving a thank you note: writing a response to an obligatory thank you note feels like just another chore, and a very skippable one for busy people. Read nothing into it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I am just wondering as to how much these interviews count? Ad com looks at the overall application before taking any decision ,does a word from a interviewer is kind of make or break deal? Any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Truegmat wrote:
I am just wondering as to how much these interviews count? Ad com looks at the overall application before taking any decision ,does a word from a interviewer is kind of make or break deal? Any thoughts?

I have the same question for Chicago specifically. I always thought they were less of a "fit" school (like Kellogg, Duke, Michigan), so it would make sense if the interview could only help or hurt you in extreme cases, but does anyone have any other thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Anyone knows the address of the admitted student facebook or google group for Booth?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
ooqjersey wrote:
Anyone knows the address of the admitted student facebook or google group for Booth?

It's completely private and not searchable. Once you are admitted, you will receive instructions on how to get in to the groups.

If you were already admitted, look at the home page of the admitted students website and you will find instructions on how to join.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
ldryan wrote:
Truegmat wrote:

I have the same question for Chicago specifically. I always thought they were less of a "fit" school (like Kellogg, Duke, Michigan), so it would make sense if the interview could only help or hurt you in extreme cases, but does anyone have any other thoughts?

My interview wasn't the greatest (wasn't extremely good or bad, just meh), so I really hope that your hypothesis is correct...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
anybody doing super saturday? tomorrow! last day to interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Blax0r wrote:
ldryan wrote:
Truegmat wrote:

My interview wasn't the greatest (wasn't extremely good or bad, just meh), so I really hope that your hypothesis is correct...

I had the same experience. Just an ok interview.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Hi Gmat Club memmbers. Does anyone who is interviewing in Shanghai have the adcom's contact number? I am trying to contact the adcom that is in charge, but I have had no luck thus far. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [3]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
ldryan wrote:
Truegmat wrote:

This is a very inaccurate description of Booth. Fit is HUGE. It's a pretty unique place and the goal is to find great candidates who understand and appreciate that uniqueness and genuinely want to be here. A candidate can have a gold plated GPA, GMAT and work experience but will get dinged if the fit isn't there.

At any school the interview can hurt you on the margins if it's extremely bad. Here's the thing, most people have interviews that are fair to good. I'd say very few interviews are total flame outs or shining stars. Besides, a great interview won't get you in the school. I know a lot of people who will say that their interview was phenomenal and they still don't get in. One of my classmates rated his interview as mediocre and he was admitted with a scholarship. The interview is incorporated into your other application materials for the final review. It's just one piece of the picture that on the margins can break you (if it's absolutely horrible) but likely won't make you. If you've completed your interview its best to stop worrying about it now. A response (or non response) to a thank you note is not a sign of anything. It's out of your hands and there's nothing that anyone can tell you on this forum that's going to give you an indication of what your final decision will be. It's best to just forget about it until the obligatory one-week-before-decision-day-paranoid-freak-out. Enjoy the down time.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
suting wrote:
Interview is over. Is there anything I can do to improve the possibility?
Hmm.. is the interview very important in Chicago Booth's admissions criteria?

Congrats on finishing your interview. You are done. There is nothing more you can do except to wait for the decision.

The interview is added to your application file and the entire app is reviewed again by the admissions committee for a final decision. The interview is just one part of a much larger picture.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Just a quick question guys - from a process point of view - nothing needs to be done after the interview (apart from the customary thank you note) right?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
himanshubt wrote:
Just a quick question guys - from a process point of view - nothing needs to be done after the interview (apart from the customary thank you note) right?

Cheetarah's post above yours answers your question. You're done; now the real waiting begins...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  50   51   52   53   54   55   56  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts