Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 04:35 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [2]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
luckyricky wrote:
The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been determined, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round.

What am I supposed to understand as regarding my application on Round 2?

That you, like the rest of us here, will have to wait untill the 21st to know, and that all other assumptions, guesses and calculations are IRRELEVANT.

Good luck to us all!

Posted from my mobile device

Hahahahahaha loving the frustration of it all- Everyone's on the edge. :twisted:
It will all be over before you know it - Just like you ache for a vacation and before you know it, you're on the last day and regret that it got over so quickly. Enjoy the bittersweet pain of the wait - Its always more exciting, the chase and the not knowing, that is :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
We started this list on another thread, but it was fun, so I thought I would re-post. The playlist, to be listened to on loop, for D-Day:

Call Me by Blondie

Never There by Cake.

Why Didn't You Call Me by Macy Grey.

No Reply by the Beatles.

Love It When You Call by The Feeling

Call Me Maybe

Call on me by Eric Prydz

U don't have to call by Usher

I love it when you call me [big papa]" by BIG

The Telephone Call by Kraftwerk

Why Don't You Call Me by James Blake

Any other additions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
luckyricky wrote:
The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been determined, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round.

By the way, I cant believe this was the 1000th post. Its as if the first 999 were completely useless.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51454 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
The GMATClub chat is the best place to unwind on decision days!

JOIN HERE TO CHAT
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
ak2012 wrote:
KindaFr34K wrote:

This wait is killing me inside. The most productive thing I have done all day is make a cup of coffee. (I used a Keurig Machine)

Not going to lie, the wait is terrible. But it made getting the call that much sweeter.

Ah, you decided on Booth. Congrats on your decision! Although, of course I'm bummed you won't be heading out to Sloan!

And I am bummed you won't be heading to Booth!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Anyone know for sure that they would be matriculating if admitted? I'm about 90% sure I would, great vibe at Kellogg, though I'm not overly optimistic at the moment.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
KindaFr34K wrote:
luckyricky wrote:

By the way, I cant believe this was the 1000th post. Its as if the first 999 were completely useless.

LOL :-D :lol: :lol: :lol:

chains1910 wrote:
Anyone know for sure that they would be matriculating if admitted? I'm about 90% sure I would, great vibe at Kellogg, though I'm not overly optimistic at the moment.

Here it's 102%. and very optimistic about it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
KindaFr34K wrote:
luckyricky wrote:

LOL :-D :lol: :lol: :lol:

chains1910 wrote:

Here it's 102%. and very optimistic about it!

Hope I'm right there with you on Thursday. I crushed my interview and think I am a great fit personality-wise there, so I'm just praying they like my application enough to get that far. We shall see!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Geronimoshere wrote:
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
luckyricky wrote:

That you, like the rest of us here, will have to wait untill the 21st to know, and that all other assumptions, guesses and calculations are IRRELEVANT.

Good luck to us all!

Posted from my mobile device

Hahahahahaha loving the frustration of it all- Everyone's on the edge. :twisted:
It will all be over before you know it - Just like you ache for a vacation and before you know it, you're on the last day and regret that it got over so quickly. Enjoy the
bittersweet pain of the wait - Its always more exciting, the chase and the not knowing, that is :-D

Has any Indian applicant ever gotten into Kellogg with a 700 Gmat and below average GPA????
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
phighter wrote:
luckyricky wrote:
It will all be over before you know it - Just like you ache for a vacation and before you know it, you're on the last day and regret that it got over so quickly. Enjoy the
bittersweet pain of the wait - Its always more exciting, the chase and the not knowing, that is :-D

Has any Indian applicant ever gotten into Kellogg with a 700 Gmat and below average GPA????

I could answer that question definitively by Thursday. Just saying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Based on R2 last year, it looks like they did start calling people early, over 2-3 days. I can't tell which is worse, knowing we have to wait until Thursday to hear anything, or anxiously waiting for a call all week...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
futrmba wrote:
Based on R2 last year, it looks like they did start calling people early, over 2-3 days. I can't tell which is worse, knowing we have to wait until Thursday to hear anything, or anxiously waiting for a call all week...

I also heard from a friend that they started calling people early last year, I am very anxious about this.. I even sleep with my phone beside my pillow...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
so likely r3 applicant here. Any advice on how important an on-campus interview is? Does it increase my chances significantly or is it really not a huge deal? I live in DC if that makes any difference (so its not normally the hardest thing in the world to get out to Chicago, but it will be over the next 3 weeks for me).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
mb031182zy wrote:
futrmba wrote:

I also heard from a friend that they started calling people early last year, I am very anxious about this.. I even sleep with my phone beside my pillow...

I wouldn't bank on getting the call any time before Mar.21 given that this year's round1 calls were all made on decision day. As for the pillow idea, I would do that :-D except for the fact that sometime through the night, my phone gets tucked under the pillow and thus gets muted :? I'd stick with the night stand :-D

Almost there guys! Keep calm and carry on!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [11]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Kudos
One of my favorite posts on the Wharton thread suggests that schools hire a CPO - "Chief Panic Officer" responsible for "inciting absolute panic amongst all of the applicants". Job responsibilities to include:
1. Posing as students on the boards with messages like "Accepted!!!!! They say all the calls are done!" two days before the deadline.
2. Changing minute elements on random applicants' log in pages to see whether people notice that the font changed from Calibri to Times New Roman or that "Congratulations" was posted at the top of the page in light grey font for 2 minutes from 10:36am to 10:38am PST
3. Calling each applicant from an 847 area code on March 21st... to offer a low rate if they switch their car insurance
4. Bonus pay for having the 847 calls come from "Kellogg... we're doing a brand survey on our cereal offerings"

Role will change tactics yearly and be highly compensated. To be considered, take a $250 test. Retake. Curse yourself and retake again. Pay $250 application fee. Interview. Stress, stress, stress, stress. And then (hopefully) rejoice. Just not until March 21st :)

Best of luck everyone!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Who's volunteering? It has to be an ex-student or a current student or a R1 admit !

panama5565 wrote:
One of my favorite posts on the Wharton thread suggests that schools hire a CPO - "Chief Panic Officer" responsible for "inciting absolute panic amongst all of the applicants". Job responsibilities to include:
1. Posing as students on the boards with messages like "Accepted!!!!! They say all the calls are done!" two days before the deadline.
2. Changing minute elements on random applicants' log in pages to see whether people notice that the font changed from Calibri to Times New Roman or that "Congratulations" was posted at the top of the page in light grey font for 2 minutes from 10:36am to 10:38am PST
3. Calling each applicant from an 847 area code on March 21st... to offer a low rate if they switch their car insurance
4. Bonus pay for having the 847 calls come from "Kellogg... we're doing a brand survey on our cereal offerings"

Role will change tactics yearly and be highly compensated. To be considered, take a $250 test. Retake. Curse yourself and retake again. Pay $250 application fee. Interview. Stress, stress, stress, stress. And then (hopefully) rejoice. Just not until March 21st :)

Best of luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
panama5565 wrote:

Best of luck everyone!

I GOT THE CALL!

And no, I didn't switch my car insurance :P
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts