Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [3]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.75
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
KindaFr34K wrote:
I didn't think I could get even less productive. But here I am, a super stressed blob that consumes comfort-foods and contributes nothing good to society.

I kinda want to vomit, but that might be the meatball sub i ate.

Haha I hear you! I'm on the West Coast...just destroyed a massive plate of eggs, sausages, and a biscuit and am already planning my next meal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
yoginijenn wrote:

Haha I hear you! I'm on the West Coast...just destroyed a massive plate of eggs, sausages, and a biscuit and am already planning my next meal.

At least I am here on the east cost where I am able to hide the physical impact of this process under multiple layers of winter clothing. (No way Spring has started yet.)

You're right. I should have pre-planned today's meals long ago. I think Im going to lie to the GF by telling her I had salad for lunch so she'll let me order in Chinese food for dinner.

Tomorrow will be filled with beers, frozen mac 'n cheese and nuggets. Done.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [5]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
I'm using the next few hours to fill out my NCAA bracket and then drinking myself into a deep sleep until tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Heard from my friend who applied first round that admissions sent an email the night before the announcement date for dings, and called admits on the day of announcement. Will not be sleeping well tonight. I've been so neurotic, waking up in the middle of the night and checking emails/forums/website.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
DMNY31 wrote:
I'm using the next few hours to fill out my NCAA bracket and then drinking myself into a deep sleep until tomorrow.

+1!
This is a quality use of time in my book!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Just got a call from an unknown number and almost pissed myself. Now just contemplating how I can get away with sneaking bourbon in my coffee at work to take that edge off.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q160 V168
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Kudos
DMNY31 wrote:

my friend just sent me this https://projects.wsj.com/blindfold-brackets-2013/ from the wsj in which you can pick teams for the entire tournament without seeing names and exact rank, but it gives you the traits of the team... fun diversion to compare against your bracket before you submit!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.75
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
KindaFr34K wrote:
yoginijenn wrote:

At least I am here on the east cost where I am able to hide the physical impact of this process under multiple layers of winter clothing. (No way Spring has started yet.)

You're right. I should have pre-planned today's meals long ago. I think Im going to lie to the GF by telling her I had salad for lunch so she'll let me order in Chinese food for dinner.

Tomorrow will be filled with beers, frozen mac 'n cheese and nuggets. Done.

Haha...by planning the next meal, I mean picking my pizza toppings :) You definitely deserve Chinese food. Eat some chicken lo mein for me!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
equestrian wrote:
DMNY31 wrote:

my friend just sent me this https://projects.wsj.com/blindfold-brackets-2013/ from the wsj in which you can pick teams for the entire tournament without seeing names and exact rank, but it gives you the traits of the team... fun diversion to compare against your bracket before you submit!

Awesome. I know what I'm doing the rest of the day ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
gmatstudentsf wrote:
Heard from my friend who applied first round that admissions sent an email the night before the announcement date for dings, and called admits on the day of announcement. Will not be sleeping well tonight. I've been so neurotic, waking up in the middle of the night and checking emails/forums/website.

It's true. The night before the deadline, people who got WL or dinged got an email. I remember everyone who didn't get an email was desperate, but one by one they started getting calls from admissions. The motto that day here at the forum was even "no news is good news".

That said, I wouldn't read much into that. Because they did it that way on R1, doesn't mean they'll do it again this time around. Anyways, good luck to you guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Talking about things that are awesome timesinks (or used to be), when did failblog become so lame? That was a go-to for a while. Best replacements?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
KindaFr34K wrote:
Talking about things that are awesome timesinks (or used to be), when did failblog become so lame? That was a go-to for a while. Best replacements?

Reddit and Imgur.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
burner wrote:
KindaFr34K wrote:

Reddit and Imgur.

Good luck staying out of all the non work-safe sand-traps...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
I guess I'll turn off my cell phone tonight... I don't want to be notified of an email at 1am, because I know that'll mean bad news! I'd reather see it in the morning and at least get a good (??) night of sleep... And maybe, just maybe, wake up, see there's nothing in my inbox, and during the day receive the much expected call!
Best of luck guys! I know these comments serve no purpose for you, but as I cannot talk about any of this stuff at work, I try to say useless things here to relieve the stress...
I promise that if you do the same (and many of you clearly do!) I will not complain about it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [7]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bizwiz84 wrote:
I guess I'll turn off my cell phone tonight... I don't want to be notified of an email at 1am, because I know that'll mean bad news! I'd reather see it in the morning and at least get a good (??) night of sleep... And maybe, just maybe, wake up, see there's nothing in my inbox, and during the day receive the much expected call!
Best of luck guys! I know these comments serve no purpose for you, but as I cannot talk about any of this stuff at work, I try to say useless things here to relieve the stress...
I promise that if you do the same (and many of you clearly do!) I will not complain about it!

Maybe help things along with a few swigs of nyquil? Too addict-y?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
KindaFr34K wrote:
bizwiz84 wrote:

Maybe help things along with a few swigs of nyquil? Too addict-y?

Not a big fan... Guess I'll place my chips on the good old budweiser 6-pack. Reliable. Does the trick every time.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts