Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:57 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE:Accounting (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink]
finally wrote:
R2 admit. Got the confirmation call on 3/15. Congratulations to all the admits so far and good luck to everyone waiting for the results.
Did any of the admits receive any information about financial aid/scholarship? I was told to call the fin aid office but have not done yet.

i was told the same. I plan to call some time next week.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I also just got my call today! I'm in!!!

My case proves GMAT isn't everything. I scored 620 on the GMAT, but the rest of my application was very strong :)

Even though my score seems to be out of the 80% range, I'm thankful that the adcom took the time to look at my entire submission.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
ryghtontime wrote:
I also just got my call today! I'm in!!!

My case proves GMAT isn't everything. I scored 620 on the GMAT, but the rest of my application was very strong :)

Even though my score seems to be out of the 80% range, I'm thankful that the adcom took the time to look at my entire submission.

Congrats !!!! That's awesome , I had 620 but I was told to retake it :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
The admission committee requires "a degree certificate in native language ". Any international student from India here ? I am from Pune university and their degree certificate is in English ...not sure how to get a degree certificate in native language ???

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If your degree certificate is in English then you do not need to get one in native language. Thats my opinion. You may want to confirm with adcom
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Being a R3 Applicant it was a pleasant surprise to get the call on Friday -did not expect it!! I will be waiting for the Haas EWMBA results later this week (where I am waitlisted) before accepting the FEMBA offer.
Relieved to know that I will be attending a fantastic MBA program no matter what! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
yembeeaye wrote:
Being a R3 Applicant it was a pleasant surprise to get the call on Friday -did not expect it!! I will be waiting for the Haas EWMBA results later this week (where I am waitlisted) before accepting the FEMBA offer.
Relieved to know that I will be attending a fantastic MBA program no matter what! :)

Congrats "yembeeaye" :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All
Long-time reader, first time poster

I was accepted into Anderson FEMBA Round 1. Although I was planning on applying to other prominent part-time programs, including Booth, Haas, and Kellogg, once I got into Anderson, I didn't bother submitting my application to any of the others.

Anderson was my first pick given it's reputation, integration of FEMBA with the full-time students / campus community, and quality of career services available to FEMBA's. Anderson's commuting option (FLEX) was also a very important factor as I will be a fly-in student.

For financial and career reasons, part-time was the best option for me.

However, I have some advice for everyone still with outstanding applications, do not stress over GMAT. My impressions (and therefore opinion) of the overall admissions process was that diversity/quality of career experience and goals are what most greatly sways the "yay" or "nay" admissions decision. If you have a compelling or unusual background of high quality and your GMAT is in the 80% range (which for Anderson FEMBA is 640-740'ish, I think), GMAT becomes a "check" rather than an influencer.

Therefore, if you get in the mid 600's or higher, I wouldn't stress too much for Anderson FEMBA. However, I think this logic can be applied to other schools and full-time programs - get in their 80% GMAT range, and you should be good.

Now since rankings are important and GMAT greatly influences them, it is my impression (and therefore opinion) that a stella GMAT score (i.e. 750 or higher) may make the admissions committees 'forgive' a less compelling/application background; however, I heard of stories of those with 3.8 GPA's and astronomical GMAT scores getting rejected given lack of compelling goals and work experience.

GMAT quant also becomes a little more important in my opinion if you have no quant background to demonstrate your ability (ie you never took calculus, you currently work as a journalist, etc.); however, if you can show your ability to handle quantitive work other ways, it again falls into that "check" category. Get in the 80% range, and you should be fine.

Therefore, it does not suprise me that folks with less than 700 GMAT's got into Anderson and many other wonderful part-time and full-time programs, including the coveted top 5 full-time programs. Get in the 80% range with a unique compelling high-quality application, and you should be fine.

For all those admitted to Anderson, I look forward to meeting you :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
lemondedephil wrote:
Hi All

I was accepted into Anderson FEMBA Round 1.

Congratulations lemon!

I just submitted my application last night (April 1st) :wink: and signed up for Super Saturday interview of April 20th. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for positve result. Anyone else in r4?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
got rejected from full-time but they accepted me for the part-time since I live and work across ucla. I'm super excited , I think they wanted to give people outside of LA an oppurinity for the full time and people in LA to the part time.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Send PM
lilmo wrote:
got rejected from full-time but they accepted me for the part-time since I live and work across ucla. I'm super excited , I think they wanted to give people outside of LA an oppurinity for the full time and people in LA to the part time.

did you apply to both programs? I thought they'd only let you apply to one or the other.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is anyone opting for the flex option? I work in the bay area and am still debating between flex and the weekend option. I am sure some of you might have given it a thought and would love to hear your views on it. I might be moving to LA next year so that complicates things even more. Is it possible to switch between the flex and regular classes after a semester or so?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
finally wrote:
Is anyone opting for the flex option? I work in the bay area and am still debating between flex and the weekend option. I am sure some of you might have given it a thought and would love to hear your views on it. I might be moving to LA next year so that complicates things even more. Is it possible to switch between the flex and regular classes after a semester or so?

I am commuting from Bay Area too and was in the same dilemma but opted for Flex option as my most preferred scheduling option. I felt that commuting every weekend would be too hectic for me...especially because I plan on driving mostly and don't plan to move to LA for now. If you plan to move to LA early next year and it's only one quarter that you'll need to commute from bay area, in that case I'd pick the weekend option if I were you, but that's just my opinion because I highly prefer in-class experience over online.

From what I know, the scheduling option that you pick right now is what you'll have to stay with for the 1st year - all the core classes. They mentioned that changing the scheduling option during this time would be 'difficult', so not impossible but I'm guessing they'll want strong reasons to change your section if each section is filled to capacity already...you may want to check with admissions department.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Somewhere I read two people from last year's class switched from regular to flex. It's probably much easier to switch from reg to flex than visa versa. Something you might want to consider or talk to the admins about it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
ricecake wrote:
lilmo wrote:

did you apply to both programs? I thought they'd only let you apply to one or the other.

I applied only for the full-time but they sent the dinged letter but included in it if I were interested in FEMBA. So I went to the business school the very next morning and talked about FEMBA. They told me they selected a few applicants from full-time that they wanted for FEMBA. I'm excited it was a miracle.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.48
WE:Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
I am applying this fall for Fall 2014. Does UCLA FEMBA give out any scholarships/fellowships?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SOCALMBA2013 wrote:
I am applying this fall for Fall 2014. Does UCLA FEMBA give out any scholarships/fellowships?

Thanks!

yep, they do. But it does not start until the student is admitted to the program. this might help - https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/degrees/fu ... id-process
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts