Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 15:30 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 15:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: LBS '16 (II)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [1]
Send PM
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
BrunoNovo wrote:
DCBallers wrote:
Any invites today? Seems like there were none yesterday.

I just wish they'd send an e-mail like Stanford did, telling everyone to chill out and wait it out... These two silent days seem to comfirm my fear that the initial available interview spots were the only ones. Luckly, we only have 3 1/2 days left to wait out :?

Maybe they have been silent because they are busy scheduling additional interview times so they can send a ton of invitations tomorrow :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Kitkat6 wrote:
BrunoNovo wrote:
DCBallers wrote:

I just wish they'd send an e-mail like Stanford did, telling everyone to chill out and wait it out... These two silent days seem to comfirm my fear that the initial available interview spots were the only ones. Luckly, we only have 3 1/2 days left to wait out :?

Maybe they have been silent because they are busy scheduling additional interview times so they can send a ton of invitations tomorrow :-D

My app was only viewed the first time on Saturday.

According to this interview with Rod Garcia on ClearAdmit blog, the application still needs to be distributed, reviewed and scored by a reader, and scores calibrated between readers before interview invitations are sent out. I suspect (or want to believe?) the radio silence a few days ago was a calibration day, and we'll see a few more interviews being sent out soon.

The interview invitations have also been issued by interview location, which makes a lot of sense, since adcoms need to make travel arrangements, etc. and would want to focus their efforts on a particular region to capture everyone that is able to travel easily to meet them first.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
makes sense as I just noticed my Youtube video was only watched last Friday.... However with the interview location theory, that may only apply to applicants living overseas perhaps because I live in Chicago and I know for certain a number of invites were sent out last week....
My fingers are still crossed ... good luck to all hopefuls!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
rsworase wrote:
makes sense as I just noticed my Youtube video was only watched last Friday.... However with the interview location theory, that may only apply to applicants living overseas perhaps because I live in Chicago and I know for certain a number of invites were sent out last week....
My fingers are still crossed ... good luck to all hopefuls!

Ah, sorry - I definitely meant overseas! I would assume that invitations in North America are consistently issued since on-campus interviews are being conducted continually.

To correct my earlier statement about a Saturday viewing of my application, it was actually a Friday viewing in Boston local time (I am in a GMT+ timezone).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Hmm. I noticed something interesting.

My video was first viewed in early October on an iPad tablet. I was invited to interview early last week, and my video was viewed AGAIN last Friday on a computer (Windows). Were all of our videos viewed again on Friday? It'd be interesting to know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Send PM
My Video wasn't viewed on Friday. But it was viewed on Tuesday the 29th by a tablet in New York. I'm unsure if it was them or a friend (hoping it was admissions hehe). It was also viewed 2 more times yesterday on Monday. Google Analytics hasn't released the data yet (probably will in about 12 hours or so), so at that time I'll know whether they were from Boston or not.

But this is definitely the most activity my video has had in weeks, so they could be having a viewing party of all our videos =)

EDIT: I'm also an international applicant from the Pacific. Haven't seen any interviews released for my region yet, so hoping the reason I haven't heard from them yet is that they are leaving us till last
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
GPA: 3.69
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
davben wrote:
My Video wasn't viewed on Friday. But it was viewed on Tuesday the 29th by a tablet in New York. I'm unsure if it was them or a friend (hoping it was admissions hehe). It was also viewed 2 more times yesterday on Monday. Google Analytics hasn't released the data yet (probably will in about 12 hours or so), so at that time I'll know whether they were from Boston or not.

But this is definitely the most activity my video has had in weeks, so they could be having a viewing party of all our videos =)

EDIT: I'm also an international applicant from the Pacific. Haven't seen any interviews released for my region yet, so hoping the reason I haven't heard from them yet is that they are leaving us till last

As another data point, my "third essay" (in website form) was, as far as I can tell through Google Analytics, first viewed from Cambridge yesterday (11/4) around 6pm EST. I have yet to receive an invitation, though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
clevername wrote:
davben wrote:

As another data point, my "third essay" (in website form) was, as far as I can tell through Google Analytics, first viewed from Cambridge yesterday (11/4) around 6pm EST. I have yet to receive an invitation, though.

I hosted my "third essay" on Dropbox and shared the link. Is there a way to see when it was viewed? I can't figure it out. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: International Business, General Management
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
DCBallers wrote:
clevername wrote:
davben wrote:

I hosted my "third essay" on Dropbox and shared the link. Is there a way to see when it was viewed? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

If its a public file on Dropbox you can't get information on who viewed it... I am OCD like everyone else on this board and actually called the company to see if it was possible. Hang tight and best of luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Kudos
Kitkat6 wrote:
BrunoNovo wrote:
DCBallers wrote:

I heard from a current student that students are being asked to sign up for lunches with interviewees for dates as late as Friday, December 6. So even though interviews have already started, there are a few more weeks of slots to go.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I heard from a current student that students are being asked to sign up for lunches with interviewees for dates as late as Friday, December 6. So even though interviews have already started, there are a few more weeks of slots to go.[/quote]

There is an admissions chat going on right now and I was told that invitations would be going out for two more weeks!

"Hi, thank you for hosting. Can you provide any updates on interview invitations?"
Kelsey_Admissions: please be on the look out for an email over the next 2 weeks
"@Kelsey - Thank you. I thought invitations were only being sent through the 8th. Does these mean the period has been extended?"
Kelsey_Admissions: yes you will know the final decision over the next 2 weeks

Interesting...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: LBS '16 (II)
Send PM
I really want to believe it isn't over, but this fits almost perfectly with their original date of November 15th... She said final decisions were due in two weeks, which was already true... I'm turning into a glass-half-empty guy with this silence...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I believe the admissios blog said for those who didn't get an interview invitation , the final decision would come o November 15.

So she is probably referring to this information.

I want to believe but it is hard when you dont have enough information to make conclusions!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DTOMAS wrote:
I believe the admissios blog said for those who didn't get an interview invitation , the final decision would come o November 15.

So she is probably referring to this information.

I want to believe but it is hard when you dont have enough information to make conclusions!!

Got it. Final decision being "waitlist without interview" or "ding".
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [4]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
The best leading indicator would be the proof that some of the R1 applications havent't been fully evaluated by the admission officers. So we could be sure that there are still some room for more invitations. Wouldnt make sense fill all the interview spots without evaluating all the candidates.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.48
WE:Other (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Interesting turn of events....lets continue to hang on to this lifeboat of hope in a sinking ship. Amen. :pray:

Surprisingly I have not seen any interview invitations this entire week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
You're right r2k, interesting situation this week, nobody reporting invitations, but the adcom reviewing apps. I'd bet they'll send a whole batch on Friday
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts