Last visit was: 12 Jun 2024, 07:13 It is currently 12 Jun 2024, 07:13
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Economics
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 758 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
marbarstar wrote:
Hey guys, I just got my interview notification - Not Invited. It also indicated that it is not a final decision, and that I could potentially still receive an interview at a later date.

Would love to hear if this has happened to anyone else or how this has worked in the past. Any insight would be appreciated! Or for those of us in this same boat to keep each other posted!

Good luck to all.

FYI -- I had an extremely low GRE (yeah, not GMAT) score and found typos in my essay after submitting. We're all human...

Got dinged to an interview by Duke yesterday (that's me talking above), and today I hear I'm dinged by CBS. What a ding dong day. Now waiting on Yale...hopefully they're kinder on my soul.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1197 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
anon1 wrote:
Vips0000 wrote:
anon1 wrote:
luckily was invited.

Congrats :))

Vips! What a surprise, thanks buddy. How is Olin?

Olin is pretty good.. it does pretty well for its size...my internship search is over.. so next 4 months I'll be again super active on the club :D
Wish u luck for ur interview at Fuqua.. one of my favorite colleges.. probably applied pretty late for an indian IT guy.. :P

Hope u do well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
krayfi wrote:
So... those who were "denied" and "waitlisted" got the same no invite notification?

Been trying to figure this out also
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
For all the college bball fans, Duke plays 'Cuse the 22nd. Should be a good way to get a taste of the Cameron Crazy buzz in and around campus that day.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.57
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Off campus interview in Bangkok scheduled on 17th Feb!

Good luck to you all guys.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
krayfi wrote:
So... those who were "denied" and "waitlisted" got the same no invite notification?

I think they have not differentiated between denied and waitlisted. I am also in the same boat.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
qw1981 wrote:
krayfi wrote:

I think they have not differentiated between denied and waitlisted. I am also in the same boat.

No one has been denied but fuquas waitlist is equivalent to a deny as they waitlist everyone until final decisions. If on mar 15 you are still wait listed then u r truly wait listed but consider urself for the most part denied.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
I'm interviewing on the 22nd, and will be staying at the Millennium Hotel Friday and Saturday night. Will anybody be around? Would be cool to meet up with some people after the interviews, especially since I'm traveling alone since my GF has work. Are most people renting cars or doing airport shuttle to hotels? Since I live in the city, I haven't driven in a while, so was thinking of shuttle...but car rental seems cheap (which is shocking, since car rentals are $100+ a day in NYC, they are like $20 a day in NC, wow).

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to meet up!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GRE 1: Q164 V167
GPA: 3.36
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
mgh234 wrote:
I'm interviewing on the 22nd, and will be staying at the Millennium Hotel Friday and Saturday night. Will anybody be around? Would be cool to meet up with some people after the interviews, especially since I'm traveling alone since my GF has work. Are most people renting cars or doing airport shuttle to hotels? Since I live in the city, I haven't driven in a while, so was thinking of shuttle...but car rental seems cheap (which is shocking, since car rentals are $100+ a day in NYC, they are like $20 a day in NC, wow).

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to meet up!

I'm staying in the same hotel, but I won't be in NC until the 16th. Good luck in your interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I have earned a promotion (expanded role) since i submitted my application.

Can i send my updated resume to my interviewer?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Hi friends,

Is there anyone who will do the interview in Singapore? I haven't heard from the Interview Coordinator yet and an adcom informed me (via phone) that I may need to do the interview via Skype. I'm quite confused at the moment. Is there an advantage to interview with an alumni? Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
senanu54 wrote:
I have earned a promotion (expanded role) since i submitted my application.

Can i send my updated resume to my interviewer?

send it to application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu

cc your interviewer for good measure
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
Has anyone else had to reschedule their interview due to the weather today and tomorrow? Any luck with scheduling another on campus visit? It seems as if only Skype is available
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
How long after the interview should I receive the decision?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: 6 Random Things About Me
When evaluating business schools to apply to, I was actually first drawn to the Fuqua application because of the 25 Random Things essay. I thought this essay question really differentiated Fuqua from the other schools — here was a school that wanted to get to know the real me, and not the perfectly scripted essay version of me. It was through this essay prompt that I got my first glimpse of how much Fuqua cares about its students. I love how unique and ambiguous the prompt is, as it really gave me the opportunity to show Fuqua what makes me uniquely me and describe how I would fit into the Team Fuqua culture. This essay was one of my favorite things to ever write, and I hope you enjoy writing your version of the essay, too.

Here are 6 of my favorite random things about me:

• I wrote my undergraduate college admissions essay about Hello Kitty, and was accepted into every school I applied to. My personal statement was about my imaginary best friend Hello Kitty who shaped me into the person I grew up to be. Now, the billion-dollar kitty phenomenon is my role model — the Sanrio business model is gloriously brilliant.
  • My life motto is “you can only reach as high as you dream, so dream bigger!”
  • I’m allergic to coffee. But I’m very addicted to sugar …
  • I have eaten dessert (usually multiple times) every single day for as long as I can remember. Dessert is my obsession and passion — it’s literally a part of me. After all, you are what you eat!
  • I told everyone in high school and college that I would be on the Food Network one day. And I was! Fifteen months after college graduation I won Food Network’s Cupcake Wars.
  • My favorite restaurant is in Beijing, my favorite dessert is in Seoul, my favorite hotel is in Bangkok, and my favorite city is Taipei. But home is where the heart is, and that’s Los Angeles.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mbarfl wrote:
How long after the interview should I receive the decision?

15 march is when everyone receives the decision
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Consequential Leadership Teams Embody Fuqua’s Diversity
Did you know that about 40% of Fuqua’s Class of 2015 (440 students) are international? I think this probably makes Fuquaone of the most diverse business schools in the U.S. That my friends, is an accomplishment I’m proud to be a part of. Walking down the Keller Center hallway, beneath the long series of flags that represent the diversity of Fuqua students, one could easily mistake the building for a U.N. office!

My amazing Consequential Leadership (C-LEAD) team is a melting pot of cultures and expertise.

Fuqua does a fantastic job of turning this cultural diversity into an effective tool for personal growth and leadership development through C-LEAD (Consequential Leadership)teams. Every Fuqua student is part of a 6 or 7 member C-LEAD team whose composition is designed to be as diverse as possible — ethnically, academically, and professionally.

My own teammates either directly hail from or have strong ties to Taiwan, Mexico, Ireland, Spain, China, and Iran. They bring rich work experiences from healthcare, telecom, consulting, and automobile industries as well as service in the U.S. Army. Add to this my connection to India, an industrial engineering education, and a career in operations consulting and what you get is a melting pot of cultures and expertise!

“How is any of this helpful?” you may ask. Throughout the first terms of the Daytime MBA program, we were put through a grueling phase of academic learning, and I think it would be extremely hard to pull through it on your own. We required the combined effort of a team — a team that is cognitively diverse. This team-based learning enabled me to assimilate into business school more quickly then if I had to work alone. Also, in teams we’re able to better solve the many, real-life business problems infused into our curriculum by our excellent faculty.

The level of diversity on my team (and most teams) invariably created some conflict of opinions, and we pushed each other to get out of our comfort zones. However, we positively resolved those conflicts through connecting outside of class — team lunches/dinners, potlucks, group workouts, and partying! Over the past 7 months, we learned to be more accommodating of each other and more appreciative of our strengths. We’ve helped each other achieve academic and personal goals along the way. These experiences have come to affect how I perceive and demonstrate leadership.

As I pen these words, I can’t fathom how I would have pulled through school thus far, without the unflinching support from my team. Many thanks and kudos to my C-LEAD teammates: Adrian, Alice, Charlie, Enrique, Tao, and Sanaz. You guys are the best!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65  ...  82   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6953 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts