Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 16:50 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 16:50
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [7]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Web Design (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Anderson (UCLA): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
goldmine72 wrote:
I met with an individual working for the admissions office last week. She said that currently they are at a peak in sending out interview invitations. They will continue to regularly send out interview invites till the end of this week. While interview invities will continue to be sent out till Mid-March, the pace at which the interview invites are sent in March is going to slow down substantially.

There is still hope out there for folks who are waiting for an interview invite!

Thanks for the heads up
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
goldmine72 wrote:
@daksha17 I believe she gave her comment for the overall application pool....so keep your hopes pinned!

Thanks for the info. *fingercross*.. It is depressing though when i get interview invites from other school but not from UCLA and it's my first choice.
@daksha17 where are you from? if you don't mind me asking. I am on the same boat, international applicant and still waiting. no news or change in application status.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Desley1 wrote:
goldmine72 wrote:
@daksha17 I believe she gave her comment for the overall application pool....so keep your hopes pinned!

Thanks for the info. *fingercross*.. It is depressing though when i get interview invites from other school but not from UCLA and it's my first choice.
@daksha17 where are you from? if you don't mind me asking. I am on the same boat, international applicant and still waiting. no news or change in application status.

Desley I am from New Delhi,India
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
Send PM
Kudos
(R2/Indian) Had a nice conversational interview a couple of days ago.
The interviewer wanted to understand my personality.
So while the questions were mostly stock interview questions, the emphasis was on context.

All the best to those yet to interview!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: Non-profit
Send PM
This week seems to be a crucial week for most of the school apply. I am still waiting for the invitation but after this week, my chance probably is getting smaller and smaller.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
daksha17 wrote:
Desley1 wrote:
goldmine72 wrote:

Desley I am from New Delhi,India

I see.. thanks for replying. I'm from SEA, was hoping to see some other applicants from the same area. All the best for us both then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
mbauclaanderson wrote:
Attachment:
The attachment usnews_jpeg_20140224.jpg is no longer available

Attachment:
The attachment ft_jpeg_20140224.jpg is no longer available

Hello Applicants,

I am currently a student in one of UCLA Anderson's MBA programs. Deciding to attend UCLA Anderson was a terrible decision for me and I feel like if I had more accurate information, I would not have made this decision. In the next few weeks when all of you are making your decision, I want to be a resource for you so that you do not make the same mistake that I did. I will post about the rankings, administration, professors, culture, etc. Please stay tuned, and thank you for your patience.

1. UCLA Anderson is a school that is heading in the wrong direction
As you can see that after Dean Judy Olian was appointed in 2006, UCLA Anderson has continually done worse in the US News Rankings and according to the Financial Times fewer and fewer UCLA Anderson alumni are recommending their own school.

2. There isn't a lot of transparency in the recruiting process

One way UCLA Anderson tries to make their internship stats look better is by urging international students to return to their home countries for internships. If you're an international student and you want an U.S based internship in finance, consulting, or internet services...good luck because you'll need it. Below are are the numbers that I compiled for U.S. based internships for Finance (IB/PE/VC/HF), Internet Services, and Consulting.

Attachment:
Slide2.jpg
Slide2.jpg [ 70.19 KiB | Viewed 6246 times ]

Attachment:
Slide3.jpg
Slide3.jpg [ 48.35 KiB | Viewed 6257 times ]

Attachment:
Slide1.jpg
Slide1.jpg [ 49.59 KiB | Viewed 6255 times ]

The UCLA Anderson Management Consulting Association boasts 150 member or about 75 members per year. So the success rate of students recruiting for consulting and getting a U.S. based internship is about 32%
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any R2ers getting interview calls please update.
:( :( :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
mbauclaanderson wrote:
mbauclaanderson wrote:

One way UCLA Anderson tries to make their internship stats look better is by urging international students to return to their home countries for internships. If you're an international student and you want an U.S based internship in finance, consulting, or internet services...good luck because you'll need it. Below are are the numbers that I compiled for U.S. based internships for Finance (IB/PE/VC/HF), Internet Services, and Consulting.

Attachment:
Slide2.jpg

Attachment:
Slide3.jpg

Attachment:
Slide1.jpg

The UCLA Anderson Management Consulting Association boasts 150 member or about 75 members per year. So the success rate of students recruiting for consulting and getting a U.S. based internship is about 32%

Well, if you check the latest Employment Report (Class of 2014) the picture is a little bit different.

There were 85 international students (students w/o US working authorization) seeking for an internship and all of them managed to get a job. But if you take a look at the break down by location, only 7,6% (around 23) of all students seeking for an internship got an international job, the remaining 287 students got a US based internship.
Considering that all students who got an international job were international students (which I don't believe it's true), there were at least 62 international students w/o US working authorization that got a US based internship (around 73%).

These graphs would give us more information if it showed the ratio between the number of students who got a job in MC, Finance or IS and the number of students seeking for an internship in these industries.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [6]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos
Based on the Class of 2014 internship report, 82% of international students did their internship in the US.

And an internship in your home country doesn't necessarily mean its a terrible internship. I know 2 students who did a M/B/B internship in their home countries because they wanted to return home post-MBA. While the salary may be less than if they interned in the US (about ~15% less), you get to save on living costs and also spend some time with your family over the summer.

Whether you are international or not, consulting and finance are the two most competitive fields. I'm pretty sure even for local students, not all of them who planned to do consulting or finance land a job in those fields either. An MBA will help you get closer to landing your "dream job", but it is never a guarantee. This applies not only to Anderson, but everywhere else too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
daksha17 wrote:
Any R2ers getting interview calls please update.
:( :( :(

I got interview invitation at Feb 27. Because the off-campus interview slots were fully booked, I requested to expand those; now 4 more slots are available.
Don't lose hope!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@ubdmin1 thanks it's great to hear. And good luck for your interview.

Just a quick question I'm wondering when would be the cut off date for interview invite? The email said mid march but nothing specific. I'm on the same boat as @daksha17. Still waiting

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Desley1 wrote:

Just a quick question I'm wondering when would be the cut off date for interview invite? The email said mid march but nothing specific. I'm on the same boat as @daksha17. Still waiting

You may get placed on a waitlist and the invite may not come until May. Until you get dinged, you are in the running.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dc3828102 wrote:
Desley1 wrote:

You may get placed on a waitlist and the invite may not come until May. Until you get dinged, you are in the running.

For some reason that sounds worse to me. :( :( :( Can screw up all your plans? :shock:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@dc3828102 thanks for the reply. reallt help to clear things up abit.
But I really hope i wont have to wait till then though :(

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
mbauclaanderson wrote:
mbauclaanderson wrote:
Attachment:
usnews_jpeg_20140224.jpg

Attachment:
ft_jpeg_20140224.jpg

Hello Applicants,

I am currently a student in one of UCLA Anderson's MBA programs. Deciding to attend UCLA Anderson was a terrible decision for me and I feel like if I had more accurate information, I would not have made this decision. In the next few weeks when all of you are making your decision, I want to be a resource for you so that you do not make the same mistake that I did. I will post about the rankings, administration, professors, culture, etc. Please stay tuned, and thank you for your patience.

1. UCLA Anderson is a school that is heading in the wrong direction
As you can see that after Dean Judy Olian was appointed in 2006, UCLA Anderson has continually done worse in the US News Rankings and according to the Financial Times fewer and fewer UCLA Anderson alumni are recommending their own school.

2. There isn't a lot of transparency in the recruiting process

Attachment:
Slide2.jpg

Attachment:
Slide3.jpg

Attachment:
Slide1.jpg

Your statement fails to consider that some members may be interested in consulting but not pursuing consulting internships. It is clear you have learned little in the way of critical thinking.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts