Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 06:44 It is currently 03 May 2024, 06:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Web Design (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GPA: 3.57
WE:Psychology and Counseling (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Olin (WUSTL) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
jnljinson wrote:
Hi , received the interview invite a few minutes back. seems to be with an Indian student
I do not like interviewing with students :(

I wouldn't view it as a negative if I were you. In fact, interviewing with students can be very helpful in getting a great feel for the program. My best interviews were with students as I found them to be less reserved in extolling the virtues (or lackthereof) of their program. Furthermore, I also I gleaned helpful information by picking their brains and finding out why they decided to attend that program. Several students have given me very thoughtful answers on their decision making processes that I've incorporated into my own MBA search. Their feedback has directly affected how I've personally ranked programs. More so than information from adcom members.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your interview!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
tdesena wrote:
jnljinson wrote:
Hi , received the interview invite a few minutes back. seems to be with an Indian student
I do not like interviewing with students :(

I wouldn't view it as a negative if I were you. In fact, interviewing with students can be very helpful in getting a great feel for the program. My best interviews were with students as I found them to be less reserved in extolling the virtues (or lackthereof) of their program. Furthermore, I also I gleaned helpful information by picking their brains and finding out why they decided to attend that program. Several students have given me very thoughtful answers on their decision making processes that I've incorporated into my own MBA search. Their feedback has directly affected how I've personally ranked programs. More so than information from adcom members.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your interview!

hi , absolutely agree with that part. however that can also be accomplished with non-interview chats with current students. I make it a point to connect to at least two students from each school before i sit for an interview / fill out the app etc. ( one US student and one international ).
what I am worried is that , when students take the interviews , their heart may sometimes be not into it. again this is only some cases but certainly there is a risk of running into a dis interested student. Also there is an authority / mandate issue compared to a member from the adcom. The students mostly stick to the questionnaire agenda whereas the adcos usually improvises the question list making the interview more engaging.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Web Design (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
jnljinson wrote:
prodizy wrote:
Hello,

Just received an interview invite. Excited! I will be interviewing with an Indian second year student via Skype on March 2nd. Keep your hopes up guys!

Thanks,
Prodizy

hello Prodizy,

that is just some great news.. This means everyone who has not yet got a ding email can have a bit higher hope for invites

Best of Luck.
Regards
Jinson

Hi Prodizy
Since you've already been through the process, could you share your interview experience here?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
For those who received their invites this week , what round did you apply in ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
ishank17 wrote:
For those who received their invites this week , what round did you apply in ?

hi ishank , i had submitted on 4th jan . got the invite yesterday .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GPA: 3.57
WE:Psychology and Counseling (Health Care)
Send PM
jnljinson wrote:

hi , absolutely agree with that part. however that can also be accomplished with non-interview chats with current students. I make it a point to connect to at least two students from each school before i sit for an interview / fill out the app etc. ( one US student and one international ).
what I am worried is that , when students take the interviews , their heart may sometimes be not into it. again this is only some cases but certainly there is a risk of running into a dis interested student. Also there is an authority / mandate issue compared to a member from the adcom. The students mostly stick to the questionnaire agenda whereas the adcos usually improvises the question list making the interview more engaging.

Jinson, that's a very good point I had not considered. My sense with the student interviews is they're more concerned with fit from a student perspective. I think adcom members attempt to assess problem solving skills, relevant work experience etc. My sense through student interviews is an emphasis is place on how they think you'd fit in class (is this someone I'd want to be in a small group with? Grab lunch with? etc.). For that reason, I found the student interviews to be a pleasant interview and actually some of them were quite fun. At my interview with Duke, we somehow got on the topic of discussing how we'd survive the zombie apocalypse.

So, what I guess I'm saying is, I like the student interview because I can talk about the zombie apocalypse.

Good luck with your Olin interview. Hopefully you'll get someone who cares about the interview. I'll be curious to get your feedback on how it went/what you thought of the interviewer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Earlier admitted applicants have mentioned that olin responds very quickly after interview...with some people receiving decision within 2 days of interview...if u don't get quick response...is that something to be worried about??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: IIMB (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Submitted my application last Friday ..Keeping fingers crossed :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Hey,

All the best for those whose interviews are coming up. I answered many PMs regarding my interview. The gist is this:

1. Goals - both long-term and short-term
2. Why MBA? Why now?
3. Why Olin?
4. Strength
5. Weakness
6. Leadership
7. Questions specific to my profile - specifics of what I did exactly(not why I did them).

Ask some good questions at the end. My interviewer spent lot of time after the interview answering my questions. That's very nice of her.

Interview is only for half an hour and it will go by quickly. It's very relaxed. This is the most laid back interview I ever had. So chill out and enjoy!

Thanks,
Prodizy

daksha17 wrote:
jnljinson wrote:
prodizy wrote:
Hello,

Just received an interview invite. Excited! I will be interviewing with an Indian second year student via Skype on March 2nd. Keep your hopes up guys!

Thanks,
Prodizy

hello Prodizy,

that is just some great news.. This means everyone who has not yet got a ding email can have a bit higher hope for invites

Best of Luck.
Regards
Jinson

Hi Prodizy
Since you've already been through the process, could you share your interview experience here?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Tdesena,

I have given three student interviews and two adcom interviews. So my theory is based on just this small data. So take it with a grain of salt.

I strongly feel that student interviews are good ONLY if the adcom really likes you and jut want to know about the school fit. Otherwise I do not think it is a good idea. Adcom members are really experienced people. They know how to steer the interview and bring out the best in the applicants. I am not saying student interviewers wont do this, but I am just saying that not every student interviewer can do this. I believe we need to prepare extra hard to crack the student interviews.

When we put this much effort into the application process, I think we deserve the best chance we can get. No? However, I do understand that with the tremendous increase in the volume of apps, adcom has no choice but to involve the current students I guess.

Thanks,
Prodizy
tdesena wrote:
jnljinson wrote:

Jinson, that's a very good point I had not considered. My sense with the student interviews is they're more concerned with fit from a student perspective. I think adcom members attempt to assess problem solving skills, relevant work experience etc. My sense through student interviews is an emphasis is place on how they think you'd fit in class (is this someone I'd want to be in a small group with? Grab lunch with? etc.). For that reason, I found the student interviews to be a pleasant interview and actually some of them were quite fun. At my interview with Duke, we somehow got on the topic of discussing how we'd survive the zombie apocalypse.

So, what I guess I'm saying is, I like the student interview because I can talk about the zombie apocalypse.

Good luck with your Olin interview. Hopefully you'll get someone who cares about the interview. I'll be curious to get your feedback on how it went/what you thought of the interviewer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
tdesena wrote:

unfortunately no zombie talks for me yesterday. :( , though I would have loved a debate on whether an Egyptian mummy is a zombie or not :)
It was half way between the worst and best interviews i have given in the sense that the energy level of the interviewer was very low. Not a smile even though I tried my best with some lame jokes. But there were a few of the chart questions which I enjoyed answering. Example. My job profile is a combination of three specific functions. He asked how do you manage your time and prioritize.

And for the results part, I am surprised to hear that I would get a reply only in the first week of April . Seems like they will wait for R2 admits to confirm. Good part is at least I wont get a wait list like in mendoza. Either I am in OR out. Bad part is I am not comfortable with such a late decision time line wise and I am already parting ways with OLIN. But sure it will be a boost to my confidence if i make it in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
Send PM
May I ask who u interviewed with? Did the interviewer explicitly tell u decision would be available only after Apr? Biz I used to find they make decisions very quick before.

FYI I interviewed with Ashley on Mar 5th.

jnljinson wrote:
tdesena wrote:

unfortunately no zombie talks for me yesterday. :( , though I would have loved a debate on whether an Egyptian mummy is a zombie or not :)
It was half way between the worst and best interviews i have given in the sense that the energy level of the interviewer was very low. Not a smile even though I tried my best with some lame jokes. But there were a few of the chart questions which I enjoyed answering. Example. My job profile is a combination of three specific functions. He asked how do you manage your time and prioritize.

And for the results part, I am surprised to hear that I would get a reply only in the first week of April . Seems like they will wait for R2 admits to confirm. Good part is at least I wont get a wait list like in mendoza. Either I am in OR out. Bad part is I am not comfortable with such a late decision time line wise and I am already parting ways with OLIN. But sure it will be a boost to my confidence if i make it in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
tosh612 wrote:
Earlier admitted applicants have mentioned that olin responds very quickly after interview...with some people receiving decision within 2 days of interview...if u don't get quick response...is that something to be worried about??

I have the same question as yours :-(
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Send PM
nankaizheng wrote:
May I ask who u interviewed with? Did the interviewer explicitly tell u decision would be available only after Apr? Biz I used to find they make decisions very quick before.

FYI I interviewed with Ashley on Mar 5th.

Hey from Jinson's response, you can make out that interviewer told him explicitly that decisions may be given out on the decision date. It must be that they are waiting for others to commit before giving out our decisions. As Olin sends dings before admits(what a great school), we are good as long as we don't hear from the school before decision date ;)

Thanks,
Prodizy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I was told in interview that as there is more than 30 days reamaining till decision day..I probably will hear from them before decision date of mar 31..but since then nothing has happened..did anyone get decisions in last 10 days??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Has anyone received an interview invite for R4? My status is still Submitted even though it has been 1 month already. Start to worry now
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
For Round 3 applicants, My interviewer told we may hear before 15th of this month... I hope we receive something by tomorrow !..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts