Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:33 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GPA: 3.47
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink]
braminc wrote:
Just got WL at McCombs. It's my dream school though, so I'll never give up!

I got the big WL @ McCombs also...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Ross '16 (A)
Send PM
Ross Consortium admits w/ fellowship: can anyone confirm their admit packet includes written scholarship $$? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Rejected from tuck as well. Good luck everyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Got into Ross this past Wednesday :) Waiting on Darden and Haas.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Has anyone gotten into Ross who ranked them lower than the school they got the fellowship from? Everyone I talked to who received the fellowship from another school got waitlisted at Ross.

I find that strange given some of the profiles we all have. I'm wondering if rankings played into the WL.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
I was wondering the same exact thing about Darden because I just got wait listed there but accepted at 3 other Consortium schools that I ranked higher than Darden. In fact, I received lots of $$$ at all my other schools.

Of course, this could just be finding excuses here. Also, in a certain sense, I do respect them for knowing/figuring out that I used Darden as a safety and therefore chose to WL me.

Anyways, I am looking to get off the wait list because my GF got accepted to quite a few VA law schools and we'd like to live near each other. Anyone know how to get off of the Darden wait lost?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
I ranked Darden pretty low, got in and with good $$$. I would not say that the ranking hurt me at all. As far as getting of the wait list, I received this link from GMAT Club a while back, and thought it was interesting on how this guy got off the waitlist. (https://gmatclub.com/forum/darden-uva-cl ... l#p1334225)
Best of luck to you! I hope it works out that you go to VA with your GF also.

poisonivy316 wrote:
I was wondering the same exact thing about Darden because I just got wait listed there but accepted at 3 other Consortium schools that I ranked higher than Darden. In fact, I received lots of $$$ at all my other schools.

Of course, this could just be finding excuses here. Also, in a certain sense, I do respect them for knowing/figuring out that I used Darden as a safety and therefore chose to WL me.

Anyways, I am looking to get off the wait list because my GF got accepted to quite a few VA law schools and we'd like to live near each other. Anyone know how to get off of the Darden wait lost?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
poisonivy316 wrote:

Well from what I heard Darden has always been rankings-sensitive. I had always heard Ross didn't care.

But they also offered fellowships in round 1 so I wonder how that played into things as well. I'm just trying to piece some things together but I'm lacking the empirical data to support my theory.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
ohsballer wrote:
poisonivy316 wrote:

Well from what I heard Darden has always been rankings-sensitive. I had always heard Ross didn't care.

But they also offered fellowships in round 1 so I wonder how that played into things as well. I'm just trying to piece some things together but I'm lacking the empirical data to support my theory.

I got WL-ed at Ross too which I thought was strange since I had also heard they didn't care about rankings. I ranked them #3 out of three and received the fellowship and a scholarship from my top two. Weird but oh well! I'm not signing up for the WL.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
blue12 wrote:
ohsballer wrote:
poisonivy316 wrote:

I got WL-ed at Ross too which I thought was strange since I had also heard they didn't care about rankings. I ranked them #3 out of three and received the fellowship and a scholarship from my top two. Weird but oh well! I'm not signing up for the WL.

Yeah I'm in a similar boat - got into my top two choices with scholarships, but then waitlisted from #3 and #4. It seems too logical to be a coincidence...and makes perfect sense - why should a school admit someone they are almost 100% sure will turn them down?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I got the Fellowship at Kelley!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
sobe1hopeful wrote:

Congrats! Such a great feeling.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
DefyingGravity wrote:
sobe1hopeful wrote:

Congrats! Such a great feeling.

Thank you DefyingGravity!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Has anyone heard anything from UCLA?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats Sobe! Happy for you :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sle26 wrote:
Has anyone heard anything from UCLA?

Second this question...has UCLA started notifying Consortium applicants? Looking back on last year's thread it seems like they had started by now, but haven't seen many updates re: Anderson.

On a separate but related note, seems like they keep Consortium applicants waiting a very long time -- especially if you applied round 1 (in Oct) :/
Manager
Manager
Send PM
braminc wrote:
Congrats Sobe! Happy for you :)

Thanks braminc!
GMAT Club Bot