Last visit was: 19 May 2024, 14:41 It is currently 19 May 2024, 14:41
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 490 Q29 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.91
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 490 Q29 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.91
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink]
ceecee wrote:

Posted from my mobile device

Wow.. that was fairly obvious, yet it was the last thing I thought to do. Thanks ceecee!

Well, it looks like no fellowship for me.. I hope this doesn’t have any reflection on my admit decision at CMU Tepper. The letter is dated the same day that I found out my admit decision from Georgetown. Glad to have gotten an admit, but leaving hope that my #1 choice still comes through.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Darden Fellow. Notifications are up online. Ranked 1. Tuck, 2. Yale, 3. Darden.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
So it doesn't say anything on my consortium app...still just says submitted. Would denied folks have a letter up saying something too or do we just get nothing?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
If you aren't first admitted to a Consortium affiliated school, you likely won't have any updates. If you are admitted, then the Consortium will consider you for membership. After membership is granted, schools are allowed to offer fellowships at the draft.

The order of these operations is certainly not clear, but it seems that many of these decisions were made in past weeks since that's when the draft was. Perhaps a few schools just don't want to release those already made decisions until their deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Oh and my status is updated also that I am granted membership but no fellowship. Better than nothing!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Did anyone else have their Consortium Fellowship offer letter say "...welcoming you to the MBA class of 2015"? And "2013-2104 Academic Year" 2015?? I want to know if I need to contact them ASAP!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Operations
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Does it spell out anywhere what happens if you choose to attend a school you were admitted to but wasn't the one to offer you the fellowship ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GPA: 3.69
WE:Accounting (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
christinemmx86 wrote:
Does it spell out anywhere what happens if you choose to attend a school you were admitted to but wasn't the one to offer you the fellowship ?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you get the membership benefits as long as you attend one of the consortium member schools. So if you got a fellowship but ended up attending another Consortium school, you still get all the other benefits save for the fellowship $$

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
sobe1hopeful wrote:
ohsballer wrote:
sobe1hopeful wrote:
I got the Fellowship at Kelley!

Congrats!

What were your rankings if you don't mind sharing??

Thanks ohsballer! I don't mind sharing:

Michigan, UNC, Emory, Indiana, Texas, Wash U

How in the world did you get dinged at Olin? Do you think it was the rankings?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
letssee111 wrote:
Darden Fellow. Notifications are up online. Ranked 1. Tuck, 2. Yale, 3. Darden.

Congrats. I don't know your stats but it seems strange that your #1 and #2 would pass on you if you could get into Darden.

I'm trying to understand this process better for people applying next year. Because I feel like I was misled this go round. (Although I'm happy with the results)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
ohsballer wrote:
sobe1hopeful wrote:
ohsballer wrote:

Congrats!

What were your rankings if you don't mind sharing??

Thanks ohsballer! I don't mind sharing:

Michigan, UNC, Emory, Indiana, Texas, Wash U

How in the world did you get dinged at Olin? Do you think it was the rankings?

LOL that is a great question. I was completely shocked, I didn't think Olin was ranking sensitive. My guess is that they are trying to boost their US News ranking and need to protect yield.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sobe1hopeful wrote:
LOL that is a great question. I was completely shocked, I didn't think Olin was ranking sensitive. My guess is that they are trying to boost their US News ranking and need to protect yield.

Hmm... the strategies these schools play are plenty interesting. But it's kinda pointless for the Consortium to let you apply to so many schools if they're ultimately worried about yield.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ohsballer wrote:
sobe1hopeful wrote:

Hmm... the strategies these schools play are plenty interesting. But it's kinda pointless for the Consortium to let you apply to so many schools if they're ultimately worried about yield.

I agree. The application system is broken IMHO. It should be a blind application (meaning adcoms don't see rankings and other schools on the application) until fellowships are decided. That way the admit decision is not biased in any way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
Send PM
Was recently wait listed and received very positive feedback from the Associate Dean of Admissions stating that being admitted off the wait list is a very high possibility for me, and soon. Has anyone ever heard of an instance where an applicant was awarded the Consortium fellowship AFTER being admitted from the WL?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hbsfitness45 wrote:
Was recently wait listed and received very positive feedback from the Associate Dean of Admissions stating that being admitted off the wait list is a very high possibility for me, and soon. Has anyone ever heard of an instance where an applicant was awarded the Consortium fellowship AFTER being admitted from the WL?

I do not know how likely it is for WL students to be given CGSM fellowships, given that the schools have awarded fellowships to students that have been admitted already. It may be possible though, given that every year students decline the fellowship to study at a different school. The more likely scenario is that you get some other scholarship award. I hope it works out for you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hbsfitness45 wrote:

Hi HBS, do you mind sharing which school? Dealing with a few WL's myself that I saw on your list. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sobe1hopeful wrote:
ohsballer wrote:
sobe1hopeful wrote:

I agree. The application system is broken IMHO. It should be a blind application (meaning adcoms don't see rankings and other schools on the application) until fellowships are decided. That way the admit decision is not biased in any way.

Yes it's absolutely true rankings are actively used by SOME schools. An adcom member flat out asked me what I had ranked them.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts