Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 08:55 It is currently 06 May 2024, 08:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Business Development (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.58
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Harvard (HBS) - Calling all WAITLISTED applicants - 2016 [#permalink]
Rockten80 wrote:
Hi all,

Round 2 waitlist candidate here and I got the call with an offer for admission on Thursday morning (5/1). Best of luck to everyone! Wanted to let you know the spot offerings seem to have started......

Heartiest Congratulations! What a sweet end to a painful wait. Here's wishing that atleast some of us hear happy news this week.
Best of luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rockten80 wrote:
Hi all,

Round 2 waitlist candidate here and I got the call with an offer for admission on Thursday morning (5/1). Best of luck to everyone! Wanted to let you know the spot offerings seem to have started......

Awesome, congrats!

It seems there are four periods during which one can get in (if we were WL'd in R2), where the first two are probably highest likelihood:
Period 1: on R2 payment due date (last Thursday)
Period 2: on R3 decision date or thereabout (next Wednesday + 1 week)
Period 3: on R3 payment due date (anyone know when this is? I'm assuming early June)
Period 4: after Period 3 ends

Given past distributions and a total of 25-50 people being admitted off the WL, it doesn't sound like they have a lot of calls to make - so I'm figuring there won't be anymore calls coming for "Period 1" - they were all made on 5/1. R3 interviews last through 5/7 I believe, so the next time we could hear could be next Wednesday or later. I could be wrong, just my take on it. Thoughts, anyone?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Everyone get the update email?

Sounds like any day between now and June 1 we can be admitted or released, with a maximum of 20 total admission offers being made. Seems lower than past years...but at least we have a date. Good luck all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: HBS '16 (WL)
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Has anyone officially been "released" from the waitlist? Sounds like that can happen as early as this week, and will happen on a rolling basis.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I can't help but think there may be a little bit of waitlist movement tomorrow given that it's decision day for round 3 applicants. It's just a hunch, but I'm ready for 12:00PM EST to get here so that my hunch is either confirmed or denied... Fingers crossed (tomorrow through June 1st!)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SteveJackson wrote:
I can't help but think there may be a little bit of waitlist movement tomorrow given that it's decision day for round 3 applicants. It's just a hunch, but I'm ready for 12:00PM EST to get here so that my hunch is either confirmed or denied... Fingers crossed (tomorrow through June 1st!)

The date has come and gone, but no movement reported yet? Since we're all in this agonising wait together - do report in if you get accepted or released.
The last update mail mentioned at max 20 acceptances - wondering if any of those decisions have been made yet (those of us on this thread probably form a small part of the large waitlist pool).

Preparing myself for the eventuality that it's not going to materialise (very disappointing feeling indeed). Hopefully better luck this season!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
gamesfreak wrote:
SteveJackson wrote:

The date has come and gone, but no movement reported yet? Since we're all in this agonising wait together - do report in if you get accepted or released.
The last update mail mentioned at max 20 acceptances - wondering if any of those decisions have been made yet (those of us on this thread probably form a small part of the large waitlist pool).

Preparing myself for the eventuality that it's not going to materialise (very disappointing feeling indeed). Hopefully better luck this season!

I was placed on the waitlist yesterday after interviewing in R3.

Can you share the date of the update email to which you are referring? what has been your waitlist strategy? I know a fair number of people at HBS - do you think it's worth it if they reach out to my interview or other people on the adcom on my behalf? Not necessarily to advocate for me, though that would be nice, but maybe some feedback on why I landed there.

In hindsight, I think I screwed up my interview pretty badly (maybe even reflection) even though superficially it went well. Most answers were generic, revealed nothing new/compelling/unique/value add about me.

But perhaps there was someone else with my profile (just ok) and an ok interview who is on the waitlist and I came along and they thought maybe me instead of them, only I ended up being so so. Now me and this other person(s) are neck and neck, but why not just pick them?

It could also be my test scores and GPA which are both below average.

I'm not sure what the rationale is for putting people on the WL in R3 - seems pretty pointless. I'm so sad right now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HBSR3 wrote:
gamesfreak wrote:
SteveJackson wrote:

I was placed on the waitlist yesterday after interviewing in R3.

Can you share the date of the update email to which you are referring? what has been your waitlist strategy? I know a fair number of people at HBS - do you think it's worth it if they reach out to my interview or other people on the adcom on my behalf? Not necessarily to advocate for me, though that would be nice, but maybe some feedback on why I landed there.

In hindsight, I think I screwed up my interview pretty badly (maybe even reflection) even though superficially it went well. Most answers were generic, revealed nothing new/compelling/unique/value add about me.

But perhaps there was someone else with my profile (just ok) and an ok interview who is on the waitlist and I came along and they thought maybe me instead of them, only I ended up being so so. Now me and this other person(s) are neck and neck, but why not just pick them?

It could also be my test scores and GPA which are both below average.

I'm not sure what the rationale is for putting people on the WL in R3 - seems pretty pointless. I'm so sad right now.

Welcome (I guess?) to the waitlist. I think we all are familiar with the feeling you're experiencing right now. But...you don't know what you don't know - there is absolutely no need to kill yourself thinking about what went wrong. All you need to know is that you are still in the running, and it's over when it's over. Believe in yourself (though I know it's tough after yesterday for you), and good things will happen.

The email update mentioned above came last Thursday I believe, and they said we'll know one way or the other by June 1st. The waitlist strategy for HBS is basically sit and wait. Unless you know a very influential alum (not current student), who gave the school millions of dollars or has the recognition of MIchael Porter, then I would think to avoid asking them to contact the adcom - it could annoy them. But it's up to you, that's just my thinking. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
lkaboss wrote:
Welcome (I guess?) to the waitlist. I think we all are familiar with the feeling you're experiencing right now. But...you don't know what you don't know - there is absolutely no need to kill yourself thinking about what went wrong. All you need to know is that you are still in the running, and it's over when it's over. Believe in yourself (though I know it's tough after yesterday for you), and good things will happen.

The email update mentioned above came last Thursday I believe, and they said we'll know one way or the other by June 1st. The waitlist strategy for HBS is basically sit and wait. Unless you know a very influential alum (not current student), who gave the school millions of dollars or has the recognition of MIchael Porter, then I would think to avoid asking them to contact the adcom - it could annoy them. But it's up to you, that's just my thinking. Good luck!

haha thanks for the Welcome! I'm hoping by this weekend I'll be back to some sense of normalcy. My grandfather also passed away yesterday and I feel like I'm being pushed to relocate for my upcoming promotion at work (I don't like the proposed new location). It's been a stressful eight weeks

June 1st is new news. When I interviewed, Dee mentioned June 15, June 30 but the Thursday (May 8th) update came later. At least the end of the wait is in sight.

As for influential alums - long shot but good fortune has been known to smile on me. I'll give it a shot.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I am waitlisted from R2.
So far no news since the May 7th email.
June 1st deadline is getting close. Feels like they will do a bulk communication at least for releases...

Good luck to everybody!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
philfr84 wrote:
Hi all,

I am waitlisted from R2.
So far no news since the May 7th email.
June 1st deadline is getting close. Feels like they will do a bulk communication at least for releases...

Good luck to everybody!

Yup, looks like it's going to be a bulk release closer to 1st June. Any idea when is the deposit date for R3 admits?
Wondering if the adcom has already made the ~20 decisions and cleared the openings or if they are waiting till R3 deposit date to figure out the final number and only then extend the final invites.

Either way, we're not too far now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anybody receive an update/release yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dudedude wrote:

Still nothing neither....
Getting anxious :shock:
Current Student
GRE 1: Q160 V165
Send PM
Released a few minutes ago...definitely didn't want to end the bschool cycle on an L but excited to go to wharton with a half tuition fellowship!

Best of luck to everyone else!

Originally posted by Bravo623 on 23 May 2014, 13:30.
Last edited by Bravo623 on 23 May 2014, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
philfr84 wrote:
dudedude wrote:

Well, anxiousness is over. Also got the release notification few minutes ago...

Good luck to the remaining ones
Manager
Manager
Send PM
philfr84 wrote:
philfr84 wrote:
dudedude wrote:

Well, anxiousness is over. Also got the release notification few minutes ago...

Good luck to the remaining ones

Have been released. Definitely disappointing but will give it another go this year.
Best of luck to those still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody else still on the waitlist?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators: