Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 16:30 It is currently 01 May 2024, 16:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT Date: 09-10-2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 560 Q45 V23
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep & Power Prep Official Free GMAT Tests [#permalink]
Kudos
i heard that most of the questions were added after 2006. Hence the Gmatprep V1 ( before 2006) should have a different pool f Qs from V1.1 and the latest one ???

please clarify
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Kudos
Is anyone finding that the older version scores higher than the new version?

I'd gotten a 680 and a 690 on both the practice exams from the newest version, and just got a 760 on the older version with 25/37 on my quant. Seems to me that the scoring might be a little more forgiving? I did get 38/41 on the verbal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Kudos
1) Not too many discussions about GMAT Focus (3 tests) and its usefulness...Anyone who purchased it, a) is there much overlap if you take other official products and b) are all of them adaptive? Please share your views.

2) There is a thread somewhere on gmatclub, with all of the questions (PS, DS, RC, CR, SC) in the Word format, apparently extracted from the GMAT Prep (with a neat GMAT like formatting, etc - showing that it was not a manual effort of compiling all of the questions), though not sure exactly from which version of it... Just for the personal use and without trying to accomplish anything illegal, I would like to know how it can be done, if at all? I have purchased the question pack 1 and I would like to sort it out according to my sorting way and I need the files to make the process easier. Please PM me if necessary.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: LBS '18 WBS '18
Send PM
Kudos
EnemyInside wrote:
i heard that most of the questions were added after 2006. Hence the Gmatprep V1 ( before 2006) should have a different pool f Qs from V1.1 and the latest one ???

please clarify

I have the same question. Do the questions in diferrent versions vary or are they just the same? Can we install 4 versions one after one and have a total of 8 tests?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: Q780 V660
GPA: 3.84
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Does PowerPrep work on Mac, or only PC?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72968 [1]
Given Kudos: 18900
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
psykins wrote:
Does PowerPrep work on Mac, or only PC?

PowerPrep software was officially discontinued about 10 years ago.... so I don't think so. You can run it on parallels or another Windows emulator.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 05-13-2014
Send PM
Kudos
question,

are the 2 tests different?

I just finished test n1 and I was wondering If I should review my wrong answers??
If the questions will appear in the second test I would't like to review them because the score will not be so accurate. e.g. reading comprehension, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
this is by far the most useful stuff i have found here
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3159 [1]
Given Kudos: 322
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi folks,

Since the thread is too big to read, my apologies if the below question has already been asked.

I reset exampack1 today, but the questions were similar as I saw in the previous exams.

What is the difference between resetting using 'reset' button and installing the software again for GmatPrep?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3159 [1]
Given Kudos: 322
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Please reply to the above post.

Furthermore, if ExamPack1 resetting doesn't give me new questions I am planning to reset the GmatPreps.

So the reset of a GMATPrep is just the reset through the 'RESET' button or re-installing the software itself.

Plz suggest
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Dear all gmat club friends

im looking for my log for gmatprep practice (494 question), because i have to change to other computer
does any clue about how to copy log file or something so i can have the same gmatprep practice

thank you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Hi,

On this post I see -

Downloads Section

GMATPrep v2 2012 - Current
GMATPpre v1.1 2006 - 2012
GMATPrep v1 2005 - 2006
PowerPrep 1999 - 2005 (overlaps with OG)

Does all of these different versions of GMATPrep software - have different set of questions????
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I have a question about GMAT Prep exams. Probably folks who have given multiple GMAT Prep exams could answer.

I have just consumed one exam, but don't want to consume the second one now, rather retake the first exam I took.

Whats the best way to do it? If I download it on a different computer, then is the sequence of exams the same?

So, if on my first machine I completed GMAT Prep Exam 1 and if I download the GMAT Prep software on my other machine. Would the GMAT Prep Exam 1 on the new machine will be the same as GMAT Prep Exam 1 on the first machine????

OR because the GMAT Prep is Computer Adaptive, I could get any of the questions from the pool of questions - and I might encounter the same questions in GMATPrep Exam 2, whenever I take it in future. This is what I am afraid of, because in that case, it might jump my score up for GMATPrep Exam 2, when I take it in future. Please ADVICE.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
timetrader wrote:

GMAT Prep Test is one of the most essential tools in GMAT test prep. GMAT Prep is the Official GMAT Diagnostic Test with Real GMAT Questions.

Table of Contents

1. What is GMAT Prep and Where to Download It?
2. Why is GMAT Prep valuable?
3. Getting the most out of GMAT Prep -
    - - 3.1 Reinstall GMAT Prep
    - - 3.2 Review GMAT Prep Log Files
4. What are the differences between the 2 versions of GMAT Prep?
5. Want 2 more adaptive tests - use Power Prep
6. What Other GMAT Preparation Resources Are Available?
Want to get inside the GMAT Prep? Review the What If Scenarios by Bunuel and Vercules with over 20 GMAT Prep scenarios run through
7. GMAT Prep for MAC OS or Linux. Using GMATPrep on non-windows machines. Jump here - GMAT Prep and Mac OS. Another post here with Mac instructions.
8. How to analyze/extract logs from the GMAT Prep 2012 - New!

!

Downloads Section

GMATPrep v2 2012 - Current
GMATPpre v1.1 2006 - 2012
GMATPrep v1 2005 - 2006
PowerPrep 1999 - 2005 (overlaps with OG)

Collection of all SC questions from GMAT Prep (don't take these until you have exhausted all of the tests)

1. What is GMAT Prep and where to download GMAT Prep?:
GMATPrep is a GMAT Simulator software provided by GMAC (General Management Admissions Council) for free to help MBA applicants prepare to the test.
It can be downloaded from GMAC's official website (MBA.com) https://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/prepare-for-the-gmat-exam/test-prep-materials/free-gmat-prep-software.aspx

2. Why is GMATPrep valuable?
The value of GMAT prep is that it is able to predict one's GMAT score more accurately than any other product on the market.
The key lies in using real gmat questions and same testing algorithm as GMAT. Also GMAT Prep test has the same interface as the real GMAT test, so that the experience from taking the GMAT Prep is very similar to the one in the test centre . No other product is able to provide this value.

3. Getting the Most out of GMAT Prep
Now there is a number of different strategies on how to use GMAT Prep tests most effectively. And the answer to which one is the best, of course is — it depends.
Most people agree that its good to keep one test till the end of the preparation process to use it as an accurate estimator of the GMAT score.

Though some people recommend to take it more than two times... one or two extra times in order to get new questions. Some real fans even go to the extent of squeezing all the life out of it by taking the test until they don't see any new questions. It's up to you to decide whether this is a good strategy for you. But if you ever want to take GMAT Prep more then twice here is how to do it:

GMAT Prep "Reset" - Reinstall
1.Go to C:\Program Files\GMATPrep\Exams
2.Within the Exams folder, you should see a Practice Test 1.log and a Practice Test 2.log
3.Delete or I'd say move to other location both logs*
4.Relaunch the GMAT Prep software, and it should show you that both practice exams are now Not Attempted, and you can take them again.

GMAT Prep "Reset" - Reinstall in Windows Vista (Special thanks: to bigoyal for researching this)
1. Basically same as above only GMATPrep creates folder in following location:
C:\Users\{user_name}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GMATPrep\exams
Note: {user_name} is your user name, it will vary from system to system
2. Usually you can go directly to AppData folder by typing in "%appdata" - in explorer window
3. Make sure explorer shows hidden files

Feedback from GMAT Club Members:
- Quant question pool is larger than verbal pool; if you take tests multiple times, the chances of seeing new question are higher for the Math section.
- Question pool for “hard” questions is fairly small and chances of seeing new questions when you get to 750+ score range is small.
- AWA questions are static and do not change

*To learn about GMATPrep Log files and how to read them, please see a post directly below

5. Want 2 more adaptive tests? Use PowerPrep
PowerPrep is the previous version of GMATPrep developed by ETS. This software product is no longer supported by GMAC and no longer distributed, but we have a copy. It uses the older GMAT interface and potentially an older GMAT algorithm. Here are a few considerations about using PowerPrep.
1.There seems to be no question overlap between GMAT Prep, and Powerprep
2.There is, however, a significant overlap between OG and Powerprep, so if you already worked on OG, your score might be significantly inflated
3.There are reports that PowerPrep isn't truly adaptive and not as good of an indicator of performance on the real GMAT.
Download GMAT PowerPrep

6. What Other GMAT Preparation Resources Are Available?
GMAT Club Tests
GMAT test reviews, pricing and links.
Top 20 Most referenced GMAT books

7. Issues with GMATPrep Software
Practice Test 2: Application error has occurred. The Application will exit now
How to reinstall GMATPrep

Any Reinstall instructions for MAC users. Where to find the log files in MAC?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 475 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT Date: 04-30-2015
Send PM
bb,

I was hoping if you could guide me as to where to look if one wants to purchase Gmat Prep Pack 3 and 4.

Thanks & Regards
Earnit
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72968 [0]
Given Kudos: 18900
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
earnit wrote:
bb,

I was hoping if you could guide me as to where to look if one wants to purchase Gmat Prep Pack 3 and 4.

Thanks & Regards
Earnit

Hi. There is only GMAT Prep Exam Pack 1 and Test Pack 1. The Exam pack contains tests 3 and 4. As of this moment, Exam Pack 2 or higher do not exist. That may change in a week once the GMAC Summit takes place and any announcements are released (they are not expected as far as I know but you never know)

https://www.mba.com/us/store/store-catal ... CAT2680001
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 334 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
bb wrote:
earnit wrote:
bb,

Thanks & Regards
Earnit

Hi. There is only GMAT Prep Exam Pack 1 and Test Pack 1. The Exam pack contains tests 3 and 4. As of this moment, Exam Pack 2 or higher do not exist. That may change in a week once the GMAC Summit takes place and any announcements are released (they are not expected as far as I know but you never know)

https://www.mba.com/us/store/store-catal ... CAT2680001

Hi BB,

I went through the whole thread but couldn't find concrete answers to the following questions. I was wondering if you could perhaps help me out:

1) What is the difference between the Exam Pack 1 and Test Pack 1?
2) I took the two exams in GMAT PREP v2, took each of the exams twice and saw a significant overlap. Do they update the question back of the Free Prep software? If so, do you know when the next update will be?
2a) I was planning to practice on my 2nd laptop and was wondering, if in doing so, i'll get a new batch of questions or will they be repeated since it's based on the software and not the email account/laptop?
3) Is there a tutorial on how to extract logs on a MAC? I saw the tutorial for extracting logs on a PC but nothing for a MAC?
4) From what I read, it looks like there is some overlap between GMAT prep V2 and the older versions: Is it worth taking GMAT PREP v1.1, v1, and Power Prep or are they too outdated and won't be a good indicator of the actual test?
5) Do you know if the two products on mba.com, the 2 exam pack and the 400 additional question pack, contain any overlap?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13