Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 03:16 It is currently 05 May 2024, 03:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4055 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]
Hi,

Is GRE score taken in 2010 good for applying or is it recommended that I take the GMAT? I saw that many people strongly suggest using GMAT over GRE, because GSB will still weighing more on candidates applying with GMAT
Send PM
txxmary wrote:
Hi,

Is GRE score taken in 2010 good for applying or is it recommended that I take the GMAT? I saw that many people strongly suggest using GMAT over GRE, because GSB will still weighing more on candidates applying with GMAT

Hi txxmary,

Thank you for your question! We prefer the GMAT, because it is designed for MBA programs, however we will consider the GMAT and GRE equally. As long as your GRE scores are valid (five years from when you start the program) you can include those in your application.

Best of luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
txxmary wrote:
Hi,

Hi txxmary,

Thank you for your question! We prefer the GMAT, because it is designed for MBA programs, however we will consider the GMAT and GRE equally. As long as your GRE scores are valid (five years from when you start the program) you can include those in your application.

Best of luck,

Thank you Matthew, Since the school evaluate GMAT and GRE equally, that means applying to GSB with GRE will not jepordize my chances over GMAT candidates, then i will apply with GRE.
Send PM
txxmary wrote:
ColumbiaMBA wrote:
txxmary wrote:
Hi,

Hi txxmary,

Best of luck,

Thank you Matthew, Since the school evaluate GMAT and GRE equally, that means applying to GSB with GRE will not jepordize my chances over GMAT candidates, then i will apply with GRE.

We wish you the best during the application process. Thank you for considering Columbia Business School!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Hi Matthew, Does CBS release acceptance rates for EA round.
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
Hi Matthew, Does CBS release acceptance rates for EA round.

Hi AbhiJ,

Thank you for your question. Our acceptance rate is about 16 percent every year.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Matthew,

I have questions regarding GMAT.

According to the admission requirement page:
“All applicants must submit a self-reported GMAT or GRE score. Scores are valid for five years. Your scores must be valid when you submit your application. Both the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) and Integrated Reasoning (IR) sections are required if you take the GMAT”

Since I took GMAT 2 years ago, the score is still valid. However, there was no IR section at that time. Do I have to retake GMAT to get the score of IR section? Or can I just submit the score report with blank IR section?

Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
z3thw00d wrote:
Hi Matthew,

“All applicants must submit a self-reported GMAT or GRE score. Scores are valid for five years. Your scores must be valid when you submit your application. Both the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) and Integrated Reasoning (IR) sections are required if you take the GMAT”

Since I took GMAT 2 years ago, the score is still valid. However, there was no IR section at that time. Do I have to retake GMAT to get the score of IR section? Or can I just submit the score report with blank IR section?

Thank you.

You are fine, since you took it before the IR section existed. If you have problems submitting, contact the Admission Office.
Send PM
z3thw00d wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Thank you.

Hi z3thw00d,

Thank you for your question. If the IR was not available when you took the test and your scores are still valid you do not need to submit an IR score. Let us know if you have any issues submitting! Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Hello Matthew,

To continue the IR discussion, are you able to describe if the IR section will be receiving more weight in admissions for Fall 2015?

Thank you
Send PM
hubbl3 wrote:
Hello Matthew,

To continue the IR discussion, are you able to describe if the IR section will be receiving more weight in admissions for Fall 2015?

Thank you

Hi hubbl3,

Thank you for your question. We do not give a specific weight to any part of the application as our process is holistic. This is true of the IR section. It will be considered with your application as a whole.

Best of luck,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
With regard to the Early Decision application - does the evaluation begin October 8 after the deadline or as soon as the application is submitted? Is there any advantage to applying earlier in the summer as opposed to applying around the October 8 deadline?
Send PM
ds17 wrote:
With regard to the Early Decision application - does the evaluation begin October 8 after the deadline or as soon as the application is submitted? Is there any advantage to applying earlier in the summer as opposed to applying around the October 8 deadline?

Hi ds17,

We begin reviewing applications for ED and January as soon as a completed application is submitted. If all your required materials are submitted when you submit your application your review process will begin. Our process is rolling so the earlier you apply the earlier you will be reviewed in the process and more spots will be available.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
QiuYidio wrote:
z3thw00d wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Thank you.

You are fine, since you took it before the IR section existed. If you have problems submitting, contact the Admission Office.

ColumbiaMBA wrote:
z3thw00d wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Thank you.

Hi z3thw00d,

Thank you for your question. If the IR was not available when you took the test and your scores are still valid you do not need to submit an IR score. Let us know if you have any issues submitting! Best of luck!

Thank you :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Dear Matt,

As a re-applicant, I have several questions:

1) I understand that only the re-applicant essay is required, but am I allowed to update my previous three essays?

2) I have improved my GMAT score and want my updated score to be considered in my application this year, where can I indicate that? (the website says that I should indicate which GMAT score I wish to be considered, but there's no place to indicate on the online application)

3) The online application asks me to name the names of current students I've talked to. I have talked to someone who will enroll this coming August (meaning she's not a CBS student yet but she will be), can I write her name down as a "current student"?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Send PM
kwu325 wrote:
Dear Matt,

As a re-applicant, I have several questions:

1) I understand that only the re-applicant essay is required, but am I allowed to update my previous three essays?

2) I have improved my GMAT score and want my updated score to be considered in my application this year, where can I indicate that? (the website says that I should indicate which GMAT score I wish to be considered, but there's no place to indicate on the online application)

3) The online application asks me to name the names of current students I've talked to. I have talked to someone who will enroll this coming August (meaning she's not a CBS student yet but she will be), can I write her name down as a "current student"?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi kwu325,

Thank you for your questions! I've addressed each below:

1.) We prefer that reapplicants complete only the required essay. I suggest only submitting the required reapplicant essay. It is not possible to upload additional essays into the application.

2.) You are able to update your GMAT score in the online application. If you are unable to find the section of the application where scores are located please e-mail us at apply@gsb.columbia.edu.

3.) Sure thing! You can include an admitted student in the application.

Best of luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I submitted my ED application on August 4th. Is it realistic to assume I can hear something (either an interview invitation or an application denial letter) back before the end of August?

I asked a few friends who applied before, and they all said they heard from the admission office about two weeks after the submission (late July and early August submissions).

Thank you very much.

Best,

Leopold
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts