Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:26 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
homeone wrote:
thebluster wrote:
Anyone knows the exact time of R1 deadline? 11:59 PM Oct.6 ? Thanks!

yup should be right before midnight eastern time. good luck!

Thanks! Good luck !
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi

I have two quick questions.

1. Regarding the optional essay. How important is it to submit one. I read in the earlier comments that ST / LT goals, extra curricular, can be mentioned here. But has any one received any confirmation from the Adcom on this?

2. For the work experience - most recent or most relevant. which is a better option here?

3. On the essay document that you upload - Is it appropriate to mention your name and program you are applying to as a reference, say in the header?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
BoZoPaNdA wrote:
Hi

1. Regarding the optional essay. How important is it to submit one. I read in the earlier comments that ST / LT goals, extra curricular, can be mentioned here. But has any one received any confirmation from the Adcom on this?

2. For the work experience - most recent or most relevant. which is a better option here?

3. On the essay document that you upload - Is it appropriate to mention your name and program you are applying to as a reference, say in the header?

1. Not very imp. You can(in all probability will be) asked about ST/LT, EC etc in interview. Only put something here, if you feel it will compel them to know you more. But, your application, your call.

2. Recent first. Others go in the resume and important experiences go in the professional achievement essay.

3. Do not do this.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
BoZoPaNdA wrote:
Hi

1. Not very imp. You can(in all probability will be) asked about ST/LT, EC etc in interview. Only put something here, if you feel it will compel them to know you more. But, your application, your call.

2. Recent first. Others go in the resume and important experiences go in the professional achievement essay.

3. Do not do this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V45
WE:Brand Management (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
submitted! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R1 - Submitted :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
BoZoPaNdA wrote:
Hi

3. Do not do this.

Hope this helps.

if you dont mind me asking. why do you think its bad to include a one line header with name and program / essay #?
i know not to repeat the question but I assumed it would be helpful to have a name and essay number in case the paper / data got mixed up somehow no?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
submitted R1 down to the wire.. def cutting it a bit too close
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
homeone wrote:
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
BoZoPaNdA wrote:
Hi

3. Do not do this.

Hope this helps.

if you dont mind me asking. why do you think its bad to include a one line header with name and program / essay #?
i know not to repeat the question but I assumed it would be helpful to have a name and essay number in case the paper / data got mixed up somehow no?

Sure, you can ask questions/ promote discussions.

I think including identification information anywhere on the application, where it is not required is not a good idea. You do not know if they are having the essays read by someone who does not have access to the rest of the application. Say an applicant has a relatively lower GMAT (~660-670), but has strong essays. Consider, his essays are read by someone who does not know his GMAT score vs. someone who does know his GMAT score. In which situation do you think the applicant stands a better chance of scoring higher for his essays. I am not saying that the essay readers are not mature. But on the off chance that someone might pre-judge the applicant before reading his essay, then why take any chances?

Disclaimer: This above is only my opinion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Other (Transportation)
Send PM
R1- Submitted at the 11th hour....phew!!!!!

I have recieved a mail asking me to submit my GMAT score officially. Is this mandatory? I had read in this forum itself that score submission is only required once you are accepted.
Can someone clarify this?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I want to congratulate all those who have submitted their applications for R1. You deserve an applause for your efforts to have completed your essays, gotten recommenders to submit recommendations and completed all other requirements for the application. :beer

One small request, do update your application status on the small window to the left! It will take not more than 5-10 seconds. But really helps us keep track of applicants and helps in overall analysis of the scene.

Cheers!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Dipankar6435 wrote:

I have recieved a mail asking me to submit my GMAT score officially. Is this mandatory? I had read in this forum itself that score submission is only required once you are accepted.

I had written to them regarding this and they have confirmed the same on email. While they "prefer" to have the official scores, they "can" do the evaluation using self-reported scores.

Is your mail an automated mail or sent by a person?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Other (Transportation)
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
Dipankar6435 wrote:

I had written to them regarding this and they have confirmed the same on email. While they "prefer" to have the official scores, they "can" do the evaluation using self-reported scores.

Is your mail an automated mail or sent by a person?

Hi

It is an automated one.
I see the list of your schools which kind of mirrors my erstwhile list- before I realized I was too good for a MIT ;)...actually when i went through the class profile of MIT I realized I had zero chances to make the cut(the only Indians were IITians who had done MS from us and were strong in the technology field)

Are you looking to go into operations after your MBA?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Dipankar6435 wrote:
It is an automated one.

In that case, I suggest that you send an email to the admissions office immediately rossadmissions@umich.edu for a clarification. Do mention the email that you got.
Quick question, in the application did you mark "yes" to the question which asked if your undergraduate studies were in english?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Dipankar6435 wrote:
Are you looking to go into operations after your MBA?

No. I am not looking to go into operations. I plan on staying in marketing.

Actually, I have applied to MIT as my reach school. Though, I am happy to have applied to all the schools that I have targeted. They are all fantastic and I would be lucky to get an acceptance from any of them.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
When can we expect interview invites?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
shank001 wrote:
When can we expect interview invites?

My guess is by October 17th. This is based on the logic that Soojin has said on her blog that off-campus interviews start on Oct 17th.

Again, my logic might be wrong :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts