GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Jul 2018, 16:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 01:35
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Any idea what to fill in the additional information section.
We already have an additional information essay, then what goes in here? :?:

At first I thought that you're talking about the ISB application and I actually opened up the pdf of my submitted application to figure out what you were talking about!!! :-D

Anyway, here's my understanding of the application:

Optional question: Is there anything not addressed elsewhere in the application that you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you to evaluate your candidacy? (300 words)
This seems like an invitation from the school to share additional information. Anything to STRENGHTHEN your application. This can also address multiple aspects such as extra-curriculars/activities/low GPA etc. MBA applicants can also talk about activities and honors here (the other tab is for non-MBA applicants). This does not have any one specific purpose.

If you need to provide additional information not provided in another part of the application, please upload below. Include your name and the type or purpose of the document in the header for identification.
This seems to be an opportunity to address any PROBLEM area on the application and seems to require a very specific and clear purpose. I do not think that this can be used to address Low GPA/ Extra Curriculars etc.

That would be the only difference IMHO.

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 02:20
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
I'm still quite far from clicking on that button. Have been really busy with other apps, but Ross is currently my focus.

For the last two years, Ross has taken about two weeks after the Round deadline to send out interview invites.

so immediately after they send out invites they begin off campus interviewing with alumni? so is Oct 17th the last day to hear back for interview invite or its sort of a rolling basis? do they send out mass invite all in one day or throughout a certain period of time?

thanks in advance!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 08:07
homeone wrote:
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
I'm still quite far from clicking on that button. Have been really busy with other apps, but Ross is currently my focus.

For the last two years, Ross has taken about two weeks after the Round deadline to send out interview invites.

so immediately after they send out invites they begin off campus interviewing with alumni? so is Oct 17th the last day to hear back for interview invite or its sort of a rolling basis? do they send out mass invite all in one day or throughout a certain period of time?

thanks in advance!

Well, last year they sent out all invites on the same day. So, I'm guessing it'll be the same this year.

Anyone who has attended any infosession and got any more info on this?

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 11:04
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
BoZoPaNdA wrote:
Best of Luck People !!

M in for R1.. fingers crossed..

I read a post about cosigner free loan...Does anybody have any updates regarding it??

Are you an international applicant?

I haven't been able to find out any further details so far.

In case you're an international student you could take a look at Prodigy finance.

Hi yes I am an international applicant. the cosigner free loan program offered by some universities interests me. Do you have any further inputs on this topic?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 11:39
BoZoPaNdA wrote:
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
BoZoPaNdA wrote:
Best of Luck People !!

M in for R1.. fingers crossed..

I read a post about cosigner free loan...Does anybody have any updates regarding it??

Are you an international applicant?

I haven't been able to find out any further details so far.

In case you're an international student you could take a look at Prodigy finance.

Hi yes I am an international applicant. the cosigner free loan program offered by some universities interests me. Do you have any further inputs on this topic?

Not so many right now. But, I'm more focused presently on my applications and getting into a good program. Payment will come later.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Technology
Schools: Ross PT '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 12:10
What's up with the "Alumni Relation" part of the application? Is that just if your parents went to Michigan for instance, it can help your application? Seems odd.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 19:02
IrishThunder wrote:
What's up with the "Alumni Relation" part of the application? Is that just if your parents went to Michigan for instance, it can help your application? Seems odd.

Most schools ask for this. If you ask them about it, they reply its for statistical purposes. But, but does seem that the person reporting this does get some weightage. How much, is not entirely clear.

However, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Technology
Schools: Ross PT '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 20:13
Is the letter of recommendation a series of questions or an actual letter?
VP
VP
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 00:19
IrishThunder wrote:
Is the letter of recommendation a series of questions or an actual letter?

A series of questions. Two questions to be precise as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.44
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 04:49
I am in for R1.

I am a re-applicant. Does any know the word limit of the cover letter? And in the application it says to attach it with the resume.
So are we just supposed to add it in the same pdf file or they meant something else.
And what should be the format of the cover letter? Should I just treat it as an essay?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 07:55
guys,
can anybody confirm this
Ross application does not have any options for Goals.
Neither a goals essay nor a short question?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2014, 18:52
rrai243 wrote:
guys,
can anybody confirm this
Ross application does not have any options for Goals.
Neither a goals essay nor a short question?

Good luck to everyone who is in for round 1. rrai243 you are correct that admissions is not asking for goals in the app. You will have the opportunity during your interview to let them know about your goals and "why an MBA" and specifically "why Ross". And you will need very well thought out answers to all of those questions. I would not use the optional essay to talk about your any of these topics either. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2014, 19:42
Does anyone know where I can upload the resume? I see it's a requirement from admission webpage but I found no dedicated space to upload this document.
And for the GMAT, we don't have to send an official score report to Ross until we're admitted, right?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 00:11
boysg3x wrote:
Does anyone know where I can upload the resume? I see it's a requirement from admission webpage but I found no dedicated space to upload this document.
And for the GMAT, we don't have to send an official score report to Ross until we're admitted, right?

Thanks!

Resume is submitted under the Program Specific Section Part 9 of the application along with the essays. You should find it at the bottom underneath essays. I just uploaded mine!

also, can anyone shed any light on GMAT? do we need to send in official score reports first?

finally, just to confirm, the activities and honors section 7 can't be filled out for regular MBA applicants right? I don't see any other space to let school know about extra curricular activities. Unless you want to use the additional information section 11 to upload short list of activities and involvement.. not sure if that might backfire thought.

just thought of another thing, under the Previous Employment section 8, they only give you space for last 2 jobs? or am i missing a button to allow me to add a third job.. if only 2 should i pick the two most important (obviously my current employer being one) or only the two most recent??

thanks in advance!
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 01:56
homeone wrote:
also, can anyone shed any light on GMAT? do we need to send in official score reports first?

As per their website, Ross doesn't require you to submit an official report of the GMAT/GRE score before being offered admission.

From Ross website:

"GMAT OR GRE SCORES

We will accept either test. Scores are valid for five years from the date you took the test to the date of the application deadline. You may self-report your score on the application or upload unofficial score reports, but if accepted, official reports will be required. If you take the GMAT or GRE more than once, we will use your highest total score and the corresponding breakout scores in evaluating your application. We do not mix and match scores. "

In any case, I have submitted a ticket to their helpdesk also (after reading the queries here!). I'll update their response here.

homeone wrote:
finally, just to confirm, the activities and honors section 7 can't be filled out for regular MBA applicants right? I don't see any other space to let school know about extra curricular activities. Unless you want to use the additional information section 11 to upload short list of activities and involvement.. not sure if that might backfire thought.

Yep. You're right. Theres no space on the application for activities and awards, except the essays (you call, if you want to put them here. I did for Sloan, but won't for Ross).

homeone wrote:
just thought of another thing, under the Previous Employment section 8, they only give you space for last 2 jobs? or am i missing a button to allow me to add a third job.. if only 2 should i pick the two most important (obviously my current employer being one) or only the two most recent??

thanks in advance!

There's provision for only 2 job details. So you're not missing any buttons.

They already have your resume. So, I don't think that you need to list all jobs here. You can list the 2 most relevant (usually 2 most recent, but take your own call). I'd put a ticket for this with the specific information on http://rossadmissions.freshdesk.com/ , you can create a free account and post your query. Or send an email to rossadmissions@umich.edu ,they'll create an account for a you and answer your query.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 02:46
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
homeone wrote:

As per their website, Ross doesn't require you to submit an official report of the GMAT/GRE score before being offered admission.

From Ross website:

"GMAT OR GRE SCORES

We will accept either test. Scores are valid for five years from the date you took the test to the date of the application deadline. You may self-report your score on the application or upload unofficial score reports, but if accepted, official reports will be required. If you take the GMAT or GRE more than once, we will use your highest total score and the corresponding breakout scores in evaluating your application. We do not mix and match scores. "

In any case, I have submitted a ticket to their helpdesk also (after reading the queries here!). I'll update their response here.

homeone wrote:

Yep. You're right. Theres no space on the application for activities and awards, except the essays (you call, if you want to put them here. I did for Sloan, but won't for Ross).

homeone wrote:

thanks in advance!

There's provision for only 2 job details. So you're not missing any buttons.

They already have your resume. So, I don't think that you need to list all jobs here. You can list the 2 most relevant (usually 2 most recent, but take your own call). I'd put a ticket for this with the specific information on http://rossadmissions.freshdesk.com/ , you can create a free account and post your query. Or send an email to rossadmissions@umich.edu ,they'll create an account for a you and answer your query.

thanks for the quick and detailed responses! def the most unique online app i've seen so far in terms of the information they require and space offered to fill out.

appreciate it
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 20:42
Update to the GMAT score reporting requirement. Mail from Ross admissions office:

Thank you for your email.

While we prefer to have the official score report at the time the application is submitted, we can use your self-reported scores for evaluation purposes. If admitted, we will require the official GMAT score report to be sent to Ross from the testing agency.

Best regards,

Guess that clears it up.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 03:51
Do we have to convert our GPAs to 4.0 point scale mandatorily? My GPA is on 10 point scale is not convertible, if I convert the resulting number will be misrepresentation. Any colour on this?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 04:01
kaashi wrote:
Do we have to convert our GPAs to 4.0 point scale mandatorily? My GPA is on 10 point scale is not convertible, if I convert the resulting number will be misrepresentation. Any colour on this?

Don't convert. Use the next line. Just state your GPA and specify that it is out of 10. Should work. I've put down a percentage!

Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '17 (II)

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 05:28
Just submitted my app for R1. All the best everyone.
Any idea when will the interview invitations start getting rolled out ?
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2014, 05:28

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  58    Next  [ 1160 posts ] 

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap