Last visit was: 10 Jun 2024, 03:35 It is currently 10 Jun 2024, 03:35
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
FurrowedBrow wrote:

I felt the exact same way after my interview! Either my answers were too short or I was talking too fast, both scary thoughts. 12 more days to go, eep.

Yes! Just remembered yet another question. :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Submitted for R1!! Now time to wait.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1834 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Have a few questions. Can someone please connect me to a current student.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GPA: 3
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
10 more days!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I am all set to submit my app for Round 1.
But, In my Application preview, I can see a question under the Education Information section. However, I am unable to find that question anywhere in the application and hence, unable to answer it.
The question is "Have you take College-level Calculus receiving a passing grade?".
Is anyone else facing this issue?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Kudos
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Have a few questions. Can someone please connect me to a current student.

Have you tried mentmo.com?

I got to meet a fuqua year 2 from there
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
sachdix wrote:
But, In my Application preview, I can see a question under the Education Information section. However, I am unable to find that question anywhere in the application and hence, unable to answer it.
The question is "Have you take College-level Calculus receiving a passing grade?".

I got the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it. I got an email from Duke saying that they removed the Calculus requirement so it's not on the application form. The PDF version probably doesn't have it removed yet, but I don't think it's a big deal.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
wluck wrote:
sachdix wrote:

I got the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it. I got an email from Duke saying that they removed the Calculus requirement so it's not on the application form. The PDF version probably doesn't have it removed yet, but I don't think it's a big deal.

Thanks for sharing the info..I dropped them a mail too!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.73
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
tiagofsa10 wrote:
10 more days!

Anyone know if every Early Action decision is released on exactly the 29th, or are they being staggered-released throughout the month?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Send PM
Guys,

I need some help. I just submitted my R1 application to Duke, but literally an hour after I clicked submit, I realized I made a typo on my Resume (gasp!). The typo is on the 5th bullet point, something like:

-Saved an insurance over $X M... (should be "Saved an insurance company over $X M...")

What should I do? I'm really freaking out. I've seen conflicting opinions on this throughout gmatclub. Can't believe I did this after hours and hours of pouring over the application. I'm also a borderline candidate.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Fosterizer wrote:
Guys,

I need some help. I just submitted my R1 application to Duke, but literally an hour after I clicked submit, I realized I made a typo on my Resume (gasp!). The typo is on the 5th bullet point, something like:

-Saved an insurance over $X M... (should be "Saved an insurance company over $X M...")

What should I do? I'm really freaking out. I've seen conflicting opinions on this throughout gmatclub. Can't believe I did this after hours and hours of pouring over the application. I'm also a borderline candidate.

Try calling their daytime MBA admissions office and explain sincerely what happened - maybe they can help you out there.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
panzzzzz wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:
Guys,

Try calling their daytime MBA admissions office and explain sincerely what happened - maybe they can help you out there.

I've read that since adcoms only take a minute or so to read the resume, they might even glance over it. Do you think it's a good idea to just call attention to the mistake?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Fosterizer wrote:
panzzzzz wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:

I've read that since adcoms only take a minute or so to read the resume, they might even glance over it. Do you think it's a good idea to just call attention to the mistake?

You are correct in assuming adcoms don't live and die by every word in your app. However, it's not like the admissions person taking your call is going to write down and circle in red that the 3rd word on line 3 of page 1 of Fosterizer's resume has a misspelling or missing word. I don't have any hard evidence either way, but personally I would just call to see if they are willing to help (you don't even have to say who you are at first, just ask if it's possible :-D ).

Either way, I wouldn't stress over it that much! Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Fosterizer wrote:

It's obvious to freak out, but I believe it's a minor mistake and you should be ok.
Don't overplay your role right now. Just remember to take the correct version of your resume for interview.
P.S. - I've heard that Duke adcom is pretty laid back on such matters, but I hope that it's only 1 or may be 2 misspellings in the entire app or else you might want to replace your resume.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
In for Round1...any idea people about the interview dates??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:

It's obvious to freak out, but I believe it's a minor mistake and you should be ok.
Don't overplay your role right now. Just remember to take the correct version of your resume for interview.
P.S. - I've heard that Duke adcom is pretty laid back on such matters, but I hope that it's only 1 or may be 2 misspellings in the entire app or else you might want to replace your resume.

Thanks neo, that makes me feel a bit better. Where'd you here that from about the Duke adcom? I'm not going to read my app again to avoid such heart attacks...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Fosterizer wrote:
neo656 wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:

Thanks neo, that makes me feel a bit better. Where'd you here that from about the Duke adcom? I'm not going to read my app again to avoid such heart attacks...

I think you must write an email to the Duke adcom and update them about this minor mistake . I feel it would reflect badly on your commitment to your application if they notice a mistake that you couldn't. Worst they might even draw some weird conclusion from your bullet point. From my interactions with Fuqua adcom , I can say with certainty that they are very friendly and such a minor mistake won't even affect your application .
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts