Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 13:20 It is currently 23 May 2024, 13:20
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.43
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.36
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
neo656 wrote:
I came across this interview of Soojin on P&Q. https://poetsandquants.com/2011/12/15/the-gatekeeper-to-michigans-ross-school-of-business/6/
IMO, she gave pretty good answers.
Few quick figures -
Applicants invited for interview - ~50%
Applicants accepted after interview - ~70%

Keep in mind that the interview took place in 2011 and there has been a massive surge in applications to Ross. So, the %ages might have fallen down.

that numbers make a lot of sense, but since there is a 30% surge in applicants this year, I guess either they cut down the interview invites or eliminate more applicants in the interview stage.

I hope they can still keep up with the ~70% admit rate post interview :( :( :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
kinjiGC wrote:
sss27 wrote:
Anyone from India, who's scheduled the interview and agreed for the team activity on 7th Feb? If yes, could you please post some details like what are the timings on 7th and where is it in Delhi?

I plan to schedule my interview after a few days but want to book tickets for the event ASAP.

Also, only Skype option for India candidates?

Same query !!

Post registration for the team exercise you will receive an email which says that the details of the venue etc would be intimated one week prior to the team exercise. Also it appears that the dates have been changed...it is now scheduled on 08 Feb ( as per the email received by me- understandable since Delhi votes on 07 feb). There is an option to interview in person with an alumni in Delhi but I haven't received confirmation for the same. You can try and book a slot but from what I see now most of them are already taken up. Has anyone in India received confirmation from an alumni for the in-person interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
fengfenglee wrote:
that numbers make a lot of sense, but since there is a 30% surge in applicants this year, I guess either they cut down the interview invites or eliminate more applicants in the interview stage.

I did some math, and assuming the applications rose 33% and yield rates/number of seats stayed the same, Ross is looking at a decline of 51% to 39% of students receiving an interview invite, and a decline in acceptance rate from 35% to 27%. These numbers seem very realistic.

Here's a look at my slapped together Excel analysis where I backed out chances by starting with number of seats available:
sorry to ask again...but has any US based candidate been able to schedule an interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.43
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
sorry to ask again...but has any US based candidate been able to schedule an interview?

Hey yes I scheduled yesterday. I'm scheduled for Feb 6th

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:

I scheduled last night for Feb 9th.

Site may be under a heavy load now from people registering.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Got the interview invite yesterday! Applied through consortium, anyone else thinking of doing the consortium interview option on Feb. 13-14?

Congrats to everyone who got invited!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
I will be going to the consortium interview weekend, see you there! I heard it is preferred.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Is there any advantage to interviewing earlier or doesn't matter?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Viking81 wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
sss27 wrote:
Anyone from India, who's scheduled the interview and agreed for the team activity on 7th Feb? If yes, could you please post some details like what are the timings on 7th and where is it in Delhi?

I plan to schedule my interview after a few days but want to book tickets for the event ASAP.

Same query !!

Post registration for the team exercise you will receive an email which says that the details of the venue etc would be intimated one week prior to the team exercise. Also it appears that the dates have been changed...it is now scheduled on 08 Feb ( as per the email received by me- understandable since Delhi votes on 07 feb). There is an option to interview in person with an alumni in Delhi but I haven't received confirmation for the same. You can try and book a slot but from what I see now most of them are already taken up. Has anyone in India received confirmation from an alumni for the in-person interview?

Quick question - how does one register for the team activity? Also can I schedule the interview and activity for the same day?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.36
mahkie wrote:
fengfenglee wrote:

I did some math, and assuming the applications rose 33% and yield rates/number of seats stayed the same, Ross is looking at a decline of 51% to 39% of students receiving an interview invite, and a decline in acceptance rate from 35% to 27%. These numbers seem very realistic.

Here's a look at my slapped together Excel analysis where I backed out chances by starting with number of seats available:

thanks for the little chart, really hoping Ross is interviewing less applicants (% wise) instead of eliminating more during interviews. Personally I think this is logical to do, I don't think Ross has enough manpower to handle a 30% surge in interview all of a sudden.
From their blogs I think they were kind of shocked by that increase as well....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.44
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
R1 applicant - was WL without interview in R1. Got an interview invite today.

Would probably be attending the team exercise at Delhi.

Could someone confirm the date of the team exercise. (It is sure to be held on 7th?)
Will the interview be taken there itself or should we schedule it now?
And no off-campus interviews for Indian? :|

All the best to everyone :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Viking81 wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
sss27 wrote:

Same query !!

Quick question - how does one register for the team activity? Also can I schedule the interview and activity for the same day?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I can't find New Delhi in the drop down for selecting my city for 'off campus, in person' interview. Are the slots already full?

Originally posted by DorkusMaximus on 20 Jan 2015, 09:24.
Last edited by DorkusMaximus on 20 Jan 2015, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.44
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
DorkusMaximus wrote:
I can' find New Delhi in the drop down for selecting my city for 'off campus, in person' interview. Are the slots already full?

Even I can't find any indian city. Are the time slots given for skype interview in EST?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Viking81 wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
sss27 wrote:

Same query !!

Did get an interview slot for the 10th. My confirmation mail for the group interview does not mention any date. Did you explicitly contact them and ask? And no, i havent received a confirmation for my alumni..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Anyone else heading over for an on-campus interview on Feb 21?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts