GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 04:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 03:41
I came across this interview of Soojin on P&Q. http://poetsandquants.com/2011/12/15/the-gatekeeper-to-michigans-ross-school-of-business/6/
IMO, she gave pretty good answers.
Few quick figures -
Applicants invited for interview - ~50%
Applicants accepted after interview - ~70%

Keep in mind that the interview took place in 2011 and there has been a massive surge in applications to Ross. So, the %ages might have fallen down.

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.36
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 03:55
Didn't get the invite... gutted!!

Secretly wishing that they send a mail today but I know that it ain't gonna happen :(
Totally lost - though have acceptance from two other good schools...I wanted Ross for its Tauber Institute for Operations...
Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 04:52
ascar wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
The more I actually get into this process, the more mysterious it gets. I don't think ANYONE can claim to know exactly how it works. And to be honest, that frustrates me more than anything else. There is no way to say what will work and what will not. No 20 variables that can determine a probability. For an engineer, that is the most frustrating thing ever. :P
But crib all you want, this is the process. So you have to live with it and hope something clicks somewhere.
All the best everyone!

I think that there are a number of elements we can't control, and this is what's frustrating.
One thing that I believe is important is the story. Not how good are crafted your essays but what they tell. This is the element that I believe frustrates everyone, because it cannot be measured or quantified. There is no way to tell I have a 760 story, you have a 700 story so my story is definitely better. We try to simplify the process and compare GPA, GMAT and so on but this will never work.
Another key element out of the applicant's control are the other applicants. We may be awesome but the truth is that there is an insane competition, and we don't even know how the schools divide applicants in clusters, and who are our competitors in the process.

I only wish everyone the best.

I agree. I think the applicant pool is the one thing that just makes it difficult to predict anything. :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 04:54
kinjiGC wrote:
Is there anybody planning to attend Ross Team exercise in Delhi. I will be travelling from Bangalore. Will love to network.

Most likely I will be too. I'll be traveling from Hyderabad. PM me!!
Current Student
Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 04:58
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
ascar wrote:
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
The more I actually get into this process, the more mysterious it gets. I don't think ANYONE can claim to know exactly how it works. And to be honest, that frustrates me more than anything else. There is no way to say what will work and what will not. No 20 variables that can determine a probability. For an engineer, that is the most frustrating thing ever. :P
But crib all you want, this is the process. So you have to live with it and hope something clicks somewhere.
All the best everyone!

I think that there are a number of elements we can't control, and this is what's frustrating.
One thing that I believe is important is the story. Not how good are crafted your essays but what they tell. This is the element that I believe frustrates everyone, because it cannot be measured or quantified. There is no way to tell I have a 760 story, you have a 700 story so my story is definitely better. We try to simplify the process and compare GPA, GMAT and so on but this will never work.
Another key element out of the applicant's control are the other applicants. We may be awesome but the truth is that there is an insane competition, and we don't even know how the schools divide applicants in clusters, and who are our competitors in the process.

I only wish everyone the best.

I agree. I think the applicant pool is the one thing that just makes it difficult to predict anything. :)

I would like to believe you. I hope you're right. I have a 740 gmat (just about average for an indian), did not take any expert help for my essays, but i do have an offbeat profile and some interesting stories to tell. I did get an interview invite, and I hope what you said holds true in the next round too.

All the best to you guys too.
Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 05:37
sss27 wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
Is there anybody planning to attend Ross Team exercise in Delhi. I will be travelling from Bangalore. Will love to network.

Most likely I will be too. I'll be traveling from Hyderabad. PM me!!

PMed you.

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 05:56
I don't really think it's the gmat or gpa or any type of scores, I mean my scores are well below average for my pool (I'm a Chinese).

I think your we/ref/essays/ec weight more than scores.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 06:11
invited yesterday
from brazil
Director
Director
Concentration: Marketing

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 06:32
has anyone been able to log on and schedule their interview? not sure if there's just a glitch for consortium folks but when I log in it says that "you have not been invited to interview" under the interview section...or do you have to upload your resume first?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.43
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 06:55
GMAT: 700
Work Experience: 3 years
Use of Consultant: No
Male/ White

I got invited yesterday.

Sorry to hear everyone who didn't get an interview. I know there are tons of people who worked so hard to get where they are, stinks not everyone can be rewarded. Gotta keep your head up and move forward. If it's something you desperatley want you'll put all your energy in it. I am waitlisted from UVA so I went guns blazing on these essays.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 07:09
neo656 wrote:
I came across this interview of Soojin on P&Q. http://poetsandquants.com/2011/12/15/the-gatekeeper-to-michigans-ross-school-of-business/6/
IMO, she gave pretty good answers.
Few quick figures -
Applicants invited for interview - ~50%
Applicants accepted after interview - ~70%

Keep in mind that the interview took place in 2011 and there has been a massive surge in applications to Ross. So, the %ages might have fallen down.

that numbers make a lot of sense, but since there is a 30% surge in applicants this year, I guess either they cut down the interview invites or eliminate more applicants in the interview stage.

I hope they can still keep up with the ~70% admit rate post interview :( :( :(
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 07:16
kinjiGC wrote:
sss27 wrote:
Anyone from India, who's scheduled the interview and agreed for the team activity on 7th Feb? If yes, could you please post some details like what are the timings on 7th and where is it in Delhi?

I plan to schedule my interview after a few days but want to book tickets for the event ASAP.

Also, only Skype option for India candidates?

Same query !!

Post registration for the team exercise you will receive an email which says that the details of the venue etc would be intimated one week prior to the team exercise. Also it appears that the dates have been changed...it is now scheduled on 08 Feb ( as per the email received by me- understandable since Delhi votes on 07 feb). There is an option to interview in person with an alumni in Delhi but I haven't received confirmation for the same. You can try and book a slot but from what I see now most of them are already taken up. Has anyone in India received confirmation from an alumni for the in-person interview?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 07:24
fengfenglee wrote:
that numbers make a lot of sense, but since there is a 30% surge in applicants this year, I guess either they cut down the interview invites or eliminate more applicants in the interview stage.

I hope they can still keep up with the ~70% admit rate post interview :( :( :(

I did some math, and assuming the applications rose 33% and yield rates/number of seats stayed the same, Ross is looking at a decline of 51% to 39% of students receiving an interview invite, and a decline in acceptance rate from 35% to 27%. These numbers seem very realistic.

Here's a look at my slapped together Excel analysis where I backed out chances by starting with number of seats available:
Director
Director
Concentration: Marketing

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 07:59
sorry to ask again...but has any US based candidate been able to schedule an interview?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.43
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 08:01
angelfire213 wrote:
sorry to ask again...but has any US based candidate been able to schedule an interview?

Hey yes I scheduled yesterday. I'm scheduled for Feb 6th

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 08:03
angelfire213 wrote:

I scheduled last night for Feb 9th.

Site may be under a heavy load now from people registering.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 08:26
Got the interview invite yesterday! Applied through consortium, anyone else thinking of doing the consortium interview option on Feb. 13-14?

Congrats to everyone who got invited!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 08:31
I will be going to the consortium interview weekend, see you there! I heard it is preferred.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 08:41
Is there any advantage to interviewing earlier or doesn't matter?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 08:44
Viking81 wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
sss27 wrote:
Anyone from India, who's scheduled the interview and agreed for the team activity on 7th Feb? If yes, could you please post some details like what are the timings on 7th and where is it in Delhi?

I plan to schedule my interview after a few days but want to book tickets for the event ASAP.

Also, only Skype option for India candidates?

Same query !!

Post registration for the team exercise you will receive an email which says that the details of the venue etc would be intimated one week prior to the team exercise. Also it appears that the dates have been changed...it is now scheduled on 08 Feb ( as per the email received by me- understandable since Delhi votes on 07 feb). There is an option to interview in person with an alumni in Delhi but I haven't received confirmation for the same. You can try and book a slot but from what I see now most of them are already taken up. Has anyone in India received confirmation from an alumni for the in-person interview?

Quick question - how does one register for the team activity? Also can I schedule the interview and activity for the same day?
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 20 Jan 2015, 08:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  58    Next  [ 1160 posts ] 

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap