Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 09:48 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 09:48
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.36
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
fengfenglee wrote:
DorkusMaximus wrote:
erudianart wrote:
So apparently from my consultant, they are having some issue with their system and some people who were supposed to get interviews did not and it is throwing off the whole system... I guess I won't keep my hopes up but thought I would share.

I am surprised your consultant has that level of 'insider information'. Good luck if that's true! Hope you hear some good news!

wow that's some "info". Personally I don't buy it but who knows...

It's likely wrong, it would be in the school's best interest to mention it rather than go with the below:

Thanks for reading and for all of your comments. All interview invites for Round 2 have been sent. Your Applyweb status will not be updated until mid March because we do not yet know who will be on the waitlist vs deny. We do multiple reviews of all applications, including those of applicants not invited to interview. Some who are put on waitlist status in mid-March may be invited to interview in Round 3, but none of those decisions have been made yet. Stay tuned.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Yep - I'm headed to Ann Arbor on the 20th to interview on Saturday the 21st with the group interview and the one-on-one.

revul wrote:
Anyone else heading over for an on-campus interview on Feb 21?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 4
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I scheduled my interview at Ann Arbor, did anybody get a confirmation email?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
guidofedecor wrote:
I scheduled my interview at Ann Arbor, did anybody get a confirmation email?

I got a confirmation e-mail about 10-15 mins after setting up my interview.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 4
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I did not get an email but in the App shows my date for interview and team exercise
anyone schedule off campus and heard back from interviewer? I don't know how long is appropriate to wait before I send another message. Kind of sucks you don't know who you are emailing!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
erudianart wrote:
So apparently from my consultant, they are having some issue with their system and some people who were supposed to get interviews did not and it is throwing off the whole system... I guess I won't keep my hopes up but thought I would share.

Well I sure hope I'm one of those. Still haven't heard anything from Ross.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I noticed that the Ross website does not have any "updates" section on its online application.

So you really just wait for an email?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
ckchua wrote:
I noticed that the Ross website does not have any "updates" section on its online application.

Unfortunately, if you haven't gotten an email already, you won't be admitted to Ross in Round 2. According to the admissions blog, all interview invites have been sent out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
trivium wrote:
ckchua wrote:

Unfortunately, if you haven't gotten an email already, you won't be admitted to Ross in Round 2. According to the admissions blog, all interview invites have been sent out.

Bummer. Thanks for the heads up though. Life goes on!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
It would be quite a trip from where I live (8 hour flight with 1 layover). I'm thinking of interviewing locally since these interviews are viewed equally with the on-campus interviews. Is anyone else in the same boat and interviewing locally (without the team exercise)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
ds17 wrote:
It would be quite a trip from where I live (8 hour flight with 1 layover). I'm thinking of interviewing locally since these interviews are viewed equally with the on-campus interviews. Is anyone else in the same boat and interviewing locally (without the team exercise)?

I'm in the same boat. It would be long flights with layovers leaving me jet-lagged and on little sleep with my tight schedule, so I went for an off-campus interview without team exercise. That has me worried because they say they view interviews equally, but say about doing the team exercise vs not doing the team exercise: "people have still been admitted without doing the team excercise." So reading between the lines a little and, yeah, I wish I could have made it out to Ann Arbor.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
I haven't seen a single post about ppl who have applied for Skype interview and haven't opted for team exercise. I am one, wanna know about others.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
rocket363 wrote:
ds17 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. It would be long flights with layovers leaving me jet-lagged and on little sleep with my tight schedule, so I went for an off-campus interview without team exercise. That has me worried because they say they view interviews equally, but say about doing the team exercise vs not doing the team exercise: "people have still been admitted without doing the team excercise." So reading between the lines a little and, yeah, I wish I could have made it out to Ann Arbor.

I've been on the fence as well, but everything I've read indicates they view them equally. Will now calmly focus on the interview :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
I haven't seen a single post about ppl who have applied for Skype interview and haven't opted for team exercise. I am one, wanna know about others.

And I am second! Definitely not going for the team exercise. I want to reduce, as much as possible, the subjectivity that comes out of doing numerous interviews. To me, the team exercise just adds to this subjectivity and I think I am better off just opting for a traditional one-on-one interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.36
NIBeyond wrote:
neo656 wrote:

And I am second! Definitely not going for the team exercise. I want to reduce, as much as possible, the subjectivity that comes out of doing numerous interviews. To me, the team exercise just adds to this subjectivity and I think I am better off just opting for a traditional one-on-one interview.

I heard it's pretty useless but if you perform poorly your chances might be hurt.

so I was like: why go to something that won't help me but has a chance to hurt me?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
fengfenglee wrote:
NIBeyond wrote:
neo656 wrote:

I heard it's pretty useless but if you perform poorly your chances might be hurt.

so I was like: why go to something that won't help me but has a chance to hurt me?

I don't think its used for anything other than "this guy/girl is down to try something new and work in a team". I think it looks silly if you're there for the day but don't do it, regardless of what the school says. Just my $0.02.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts