Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:05 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.08
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Molson (Concordia) 2016 Winter & Fall Intakes: Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]
VijayG6387 wrote:
aegluc wrote:
accepted for Winter 2016

Congratulations! would you mind sharing your profile? and how you've received as scholarship?

No scholarship. Or at least they didnt say anything yet. I assume they tell you about it when they accept you.

Profile: 5 years Work as Soft Eng , University - Bachelor of Comp Eng , before university College Diploma in Comp Sci.
GPA 3.08, 710 on GMAT.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Molson (Concordia) 2016 Winter & Fall Intakes: Calling all Applicants! [#permalink]
aegluc wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
aegluc wrote:
accepted for Winter 2016

Congratulations! would you mind sharing your profile? and how you've received as scholarship?

No scholarship. Or at least they didnt say anything yet. I assume they tell you about it when they accept you.

Profile: 5 years Work as Soft Eng , University - Bachelor of Comp Eng , before university College Diploma in Comp Sci.
GPA 3.08, 710 on GMAT.

Which other schools have you applied to / are applying to? With a 710, and 5 years, I'm sure you could do better than JMSB.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No other schools. McGill was interested in me but I wont pay 80k for the name. Im not interested in going outside North America. I have to do it part-time so no outside the city schools. The other opotion was HEC but i believe they don't offer part time in English...

So here I am at JMSB. Im sure the shcool is good. I have my bachelors at McGill. THey say it's good to try different schools.. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
aegluc wrote:
No other schools. McGill was interested in me but I wont pay 80k for the name. Im not interested in going outside North America. I have to do it part-time so no outside the city schools. The other opotion was HEC but i believe they don't offer part time in English...

So here I am at JMSB. Im sure the shcool is good. I have my bachelors at McGill. THey say it's good to try different schools.. :)

Oh yeah, the school is good. Just wanted to understand, and your reasons do make sense. All the very best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Accepted Winter 2016.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jillan wrote:
Accepted Winter 2016.

Congratulations mate. Would you mind sharing your profile? I am yet to start applying.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Vijay,

4 years at big 4, reference letters from partners, and 1 professor.

CA from jmsb (graduate studies) and graduated with distinction from jmsb.

Gmat needs improvement at 590. I believe my overall application helped me for the 57 credit application since I was rejected to the accelerated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jillan wrote:
Hey Vijay,

4 years at big 4, reference letters from partners, and 1 professor.

CA from jmsb (graduate studies) and graduated with distinction from jmsb.

Gmat needs improvement at 590. I believe my overall application helped me for the 57 credit application since I was rejected to the accelerated.

That's good stuff Jillan. Congratulations again. We might get to study together. :)
I'd be applying soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Am yet to start my application. I see that for reference, the school needs letter of reference from employer. I suppose they mean ex-employer right ? How can anyone get reference from current employer. Can someone pls throw some light on this .

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
nb06 wrote:
Am yet to start my application. I see that for reference, the school needs letter of reference from employer. I suppose they mean ex-employer right ? How can anyone get reference from current employer. Can someone pls throw some light on this .

Thanks

Hi nb06, it does not really matter as long as the person recommending you knows you well and is ready to give you a reference. It can very well be your ex-employer, but would be better if the relationship did not end ages ago. You must be able to get it from one of your managers/leads? It is the same for all schools.
I'm getting it from an ex-lead of mine, a customer and a manager who I worked with until a few months ago. So in a way, none of them are my current employers. :)

Regards,
VijayG
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.04
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM

Profile evaluation Request

Hi All,

I am applying to very few schools and all three Canadian schools. Kindly evaluate my profile.

Career Snapshot :
Class 10 - 85%
Class 12- 77%
Graduation: Mechanical engg. ( 7.6 CGPA out of 10)
GMAT : 620 ( AWA - 4 , IR - 5 , Quant- 50 Verbal - 23 )

Overall Work Experience ( 8 years ) : Implementing SAP Supply Chain Planning Solutions for manufacturing industries.

Currently working as a Senior Analyst , in one of the Big Four ( PWC)

Query : Will the lower score in Verbal be a problem or do they care about the overall GMAT . ( Saw Average gmat = 628 and minimum= 580 )
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
bissasa wrote:

Hi All,

I am applying to very few schools and all three Canadian schools. Kindly evaluate my profile.

Career Snapshot :
Class 10 - 85%
Class 12- 77%

Overall Work Experience ( 8 years ) : Implementing SAP Supply Chain Planning Solutions for manufacturing industries.

Query : Will the lower score in Verbal be a problem or do they care about the overall GMAT . ( Saw Average gmat = 628 and minimum= 580 )

Generally all b-schools prefer a balanced score. But there are always exceptions and you can be one. :)
You could write IELTS to compensate and put that into your application. An IELTS overall score of 7.5 with no section less than 7 should be good I think.
In my opinion, the current verbal score will not be a killer, but will definitely catch the attention of the adcom. What are your thoughts on taking up the GMAT again?
You career looks good, but what about the extra-curriculars?
See if JMSB is doing a tour in India, as meeting them in person will give you a better idea and confidence. They might like you and choose to ignore the verbal score.

Regards,
Vj
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.04
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
bissasa wrote:

Hi All,

Career Snapshot :
Class 10 - 85%
Class 12- 77%

Generally all b-schools prefer a balanced score. But there are always exceptions and you can be one. :)
You could write IELTS to compensate and put that into your application. An IELTS overall score of 7.5 with no section less than 7 should be good I think.
In my opinion, the current verbal score will not be a killer, but will definitely catch the attention of the adcom. What are your thoughts on taking up the GMAT again?
You career looks good, but what about the extra-curriculars?
See if JMSB is doing a tour in India, as meeting them in person will give you a better idea and confidence. They might like you and choose to ignore the verbal score.

Regards,
Vj

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your insight . I am appearing IELTS on Jan 30th. Most probably I will get the IELTS score by Feb 15th which is deadline for admission for International students.

No right now I am not planning to retake GMAT . If I don't get admit to Alberta or John Molson , then I will re-take.

I have **** loads of work to do , as i already bunked a lot in Sep/ Oct to prepare for GMAT . Now I have to take IELTS in Jan 30. If time permits I will write GMAT again in March end.

Just that I can't apply to Sauder with this score.

I met JMSB admission official in Bangalore. She told me that my GMAT is fine, but when i asked about sectional cutoff she told there shouldn't be any such criteria. However she told she will get back to me. I sent a note to admission team today and waiting for their reply.

Can you suggest any other similar schools in Canada where I can get in with this score ?

Regards,

Biswajit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
bissasa wrote:
Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your insight . I am appearing IELTS on Jan 30th. Most probably I will get the IELTS score by Feb 15th which is deadline for admission for International students.

No right now I am not planning to retake GMAT . If I don't get admit to Alberta or John Molson , then I will re-take.

I have **** loads of work to do , as i already bunked a lot in Sep/ Oct to prepare for GMAT . Now I have to take IELTS in Jan 30. If time permits I will write GMAT again in March end.

Just that I can't apply to Sauder with this score.

I met JMSB admission official in Bangalore. She told me that my GMAT is fine, but when i asked about sectional cutoff she told there shouldn't be any such criteria. However she told she will get back to me. I sent a note to admission team today and waiting for their reply.

Can you suggest any other similar schools in Canada where I can get in with this score ?

Regards,

Biswajit

No worries mate, happy to help. Yes IELTS will cover it up. Did you meet Cynthia Law here at the Indo-Canadian MBA fair sometime in September? I was there too.
If she's advised that it is not an issue, then it should not be an issue.
You can consider, the below.
B-School University Avg GMAT
----------- ------------- ------------
Ted Rogers Ryerson University 625
Asper University of Manitoba 580
Haskayne University of Calgary 620
Telfer University of Ottawa 622
Gustavson University of Victoria 573
Beedie Simon Fraser University 630
Michael G DeGroote McMaster University 630
Lazaridis Wilfrid Laurier University 640
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 400 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hello,

I have received an offer of admission from Concordia for MBA Fall 2016. I need to confirm by 7 Jan. I am waiting for the final decision from McGill. I am expecting it in next week.
My career interest is Investment Management. Anybody with interest in Finance on this group?

Regards,
Chinmay
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
desaichinmay22 wrote:
Hello,

I have received an offer of admission from Concordia for MBA Fall 2016. I need to confirm by 7 Jan. I am waiting for the final decision from McGill. I am expecting it in next week.
My career interest is Investment Management. Anybody with interest in Finance on this group?

Regards,
Chinmay

I hope you have written to McGill or contacted the interviewer to let them know about your other offer? Will help speeden their decision I think. I'm not a finance material. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 400 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
desaichinmay22 wrote:
Hello,

Regards,
Chinmay

I hope you have written to McGill or contacted the interviewer to let them know about your other offer? Will help speeden their decision I think. I'm not a finance material. :)

Hi,

Got an admit from McGill at 3.30 in the morning today.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts