Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:23 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
Re: DeGroote (McMaster) Class of 2018 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
niktesla wrote:
Anyone else receive co-op admission yet? I'm in :)

Congratulations niktesla, would you mind sharing your profile with us?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Local student. 650 GMAT. Humanities undergrad. Lowish GPA. C+ ish. 2 years of fairly unique full time experience, involving finance, sales and web design. Some strong full/part time work throughout my degree. Strong essays. Nailed the interview. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
niktesla wrote:
Local student. 650 GMAT. Humanities undergrad. Lowish GPA. C+ ish. 2 years of fairly unique full time experience, involving finance, sales and web design. Some strong full/part time work throughout my degree. Strong essays. Nailed the interview. :)

Ha ha.. nice. Congratulations. Post applying I've lost interest in the Co-Op option, so have not yet booked an interview. Hmmm.
In how many days post your Co-Op interview did you get the good news?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
3 days. I initially only wanted full-time but after speaking with some industry professionals, co-op was the way to go. I already lined up a placement. I'm not looking to work in IB or for a management consultant firm.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
niktesla wrote:
3 days. I initially only wanted full-time but after speaking with some industry professionals, co-op was the way to go. I already lined up a placement. I'm not looking to work in IB or for a management consultant firm.

Nice, congratulations again. :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM
niktesla wrote:

Congrats niktesla :) Thanks for sharing your profile.
I'm also applying for the co-op. Sending in my application this weekend.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Have withdrawn my Co-Op application and have requested that I be considered for the full time MBA instead. Don't think Co-Op is going to work out for me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Niktesla
Could you share what were the admission timelines you had, when did you send it the application and in how many days were the two interviews?

Hi Vijay
What made you change your mind? Also, I understand since you are already done with your first interview have you received an update on that?
Again, in how many days did you get the interview call after submitting the application?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
indierohit wrote:
Hi Niktesla
Could you share what were the admission timelines you had, when did you send it the application and in how many days were the two interviews?

Hi Vijay
What made you change your mind? Also, I understand since you are already done with your first interview have you received an update on that?
Again, in how many days did you get the interview call after submitting the application?

Submitted the application by 12th of December, completed it by 04th of January and got invited to an interview on the 12th of January. They were pretty quick, just that I took time in completing the application. The update on the first interview is that I was invited to the Co-Op interview, which probably means that I cleared it.
The Co-Op interview is longer, which made me think if I should really go through it. Rethinking that I have more than 7 years of experience, and reading through the Co-Op brochures sent to me by the adcom, I decided to opt out. I guess I'd be better off in the full time program, if I choose to join DeGroote (that is after the big IF, If I get an admit that is).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
indierohit wrote:
Hi Niktesla

Hi Vijay

Submitted the application by 12th of December, completed it by 04th of January and got invited to an interview on the 12th of January. They were pretty quick, just that I took time in completing the application. The update on the first interview is that I was invited to the Co-Op interview, which probably means that I cleared it.
The Co-Op interview is longer, which made me think if I should really go through it. Rethinking that I have more than 7 years of experience, and reading through the Co-Op brochures sent to me by the adcom, I decided to opt out. I guess I'd be better off in the full time program, if I choose to join DeGroote (that is after the big IF, If I get an admit that is).

Thanks Vijay. I have now been invited for the online video interview. I believe this interview will have auto generated questions, is that correct?
Also want to clarify is this the first interview which if successful ensure that I get into the full time MBA.
The second behavorial interview will be for the co-op. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Could you share what questions you were asked in the first interview? or any other experience that may help me.

Also, I saw your posts in some other Bschool posts- Sauder, etc. Which schools have you narrowed down to?

Thanks & regards,
Rohit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
indierohit wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
indierohit wrote:
Hi Niktesla

Hi Vijay

Thanks Vijay. I have now been invited for the online video interview. I believe this interview will have auto generated questions, is that correct?
Also want to clarify is this the first interview which if successful ensure that I get into the full time MBA.
The second behavorial interview will be for the co-op. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Could you share what questions you were asked in the first interview? or any other experience that may help me.

Also, I saw your posts in some other Bschool posts- Sauder, etc. Which schools have you narrowed down to?

Thanks & regards,
Rohit

Hey Rohit, I am not sure if clearing the first interview gives us a guaranteed spot in the full time MBA. Seem to have read it somewhere, but am not 100% sure yet. I was invited to the Co-Op which I turned down and requested to be considered to the full time program instead. I was told I will be contacted but I haven't heard from them since.
No, the interview is not the video essay interview as with the other schools, this is an interview with a person from the adcom. Clearing this gives you the pass to attend the Co-Op interview.
Yes, the Co-Op interview is the behavioral interview, and is expected last about 1.5 hours (that was what made me think about dropping it :| ).
The questions asked were more of the type where they'd ask you to quote examples from the past. I am really sorry that I don't remember all the questions, but have posted below the ones that I remember.
They were the usual, explain a situation where you displayed leadership potential, tell us about a scenario where you managed a conflict and tell us what you learnt from it, explain a scenario where you negotiated and got something done and what did you learn from it, explain a failure that you faced and what was the learning - how different will you do now if faced with the same situation again.etc Be chatty, quote a lot of examples, indulge them in the conversation and you should be alright. :) All the very best buddy.
Yes, I have an admit with Schulich and Sauder. At the moment I am positive about Alberta too. I guess it would be Sauder, but am yet to decide. Will let you know once I've made up my mind. I have begun an application to Queen's too. Let's see.
All the very best.

Regards,
Vijay G
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
indierohit wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
indierohit wrote:
Hi Niktesla

Hi Vijay

Thanks & regards,
Rohit

Completely forgot to mention the written component that is part of the interview. You will be given a question at the end of the interview to which you are supposed to come up with a response and send it to them via email within 15 minutes from the end of the interview. It is a part of the same interview. All the very best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks so much Vijay! That was really helpful. What was the written component like?
I got a rejection from Sauder :( Since I told them I want to focus on making a career shift to Consulting the interviewer was sort of grilling me coz she said my GMAT was too low a score.
Anyway, I have my Rotman and DeGroote interviews next. lets hope for the best :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
indierohit wrote:
Thanks so much Vijay! That was really helpful. What was the written component like?
I got a rejection from Sauder :( Since I told them I want to focus on making a career shift to Consulting the interviewer was sort of grilling me coz she said my GMAT was too low a score.
Anyway, I have my Rotman and DeGroote interviews next. lets hope for the best :)

The written component was generic, more of a 'what do you think?' question. Should be a cake walk. I think the intent of that is to just see if you really wrote your essays or if someone else did it for you. You should be alright, don't worry.
One rejection means nothing, so don't be disappointed. All the very best for Rotman. Just think that you are destined to be at Rotman. :) Rotman is anyways better than Sauder.
All the best for both the interviews.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
indierohit wrote:

The written component was generic, more of a 'what do you think?' question. Should be a cake walk. I think the intent of that is to just see if you really wrote your essays or if someone else did it for you. You should be alright, don't worry.
One rejection means nothing, so don't be disappointed. All the very best for Rotman. Just think that you are destined to be at Rotman. :) Rotman is anyways better than Sauder.
All the best for both the interviews.

Thanks a lot bro :)
Wish you the best as well :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Got the admit decision yesterday, with an entrance scholarship of 2K CAD. So apparently, the first interview is sufficient for an admit into the full time program.
I withdrew my Co-Op application on 20th of Jan, and got the admit yesterday.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Hi All,

I got a mail from Degroote for online video interview.(not face to face interview). It is written that i will get practise interview questions and then i can start with actual interview in which 3 random questions will be asked. Anyone has any idea what sort of questions will be asked . i mean will the questions be like 'explain facebook to grandmother' or related to carrer goals or situations i have faced in carrer.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts