It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 15:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

DeGroote (McMaster) Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 5

Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Re: DeGroote (McMaster) Class of 2018 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2016, 20:59
This post received
KUDOS
aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
indierohit wrote:
People who have received admits, I understand we need to pay the deposit only in June. I guess even Visa applications should start then appx. So as of now, is there anything we need to do or work on now? Just curious to know since I have a lot of free time :P

Hi indierohit,

Still waiting for the Co-op result.
I had mailed them regarding the mentioned March 29th Response deadline.

We need to go to the student center. Login with our MacId and password (which we were supposed to register a while back) and Click on Accept/Reject by March 29th, 2016.
This deadline was specific to my admit letter.

Thanks ashish, I've logged in and have accepted the offer.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 5

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 80

DeGroote (McMaster) Class of 2018 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 13:58
indierohit wrote:
aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
indierohit wrote:
People who have received admits, I understand we need to pay the deposit only in June. I guess even Visa applications should start then appx. So as of now, is there anything we need to do or work on now? Just curious to know since I have a lot of free time :P

Hi indierohit,

Still waiting for the Co-op result.
I had mailed them regarding the mentioned March 29th Response deadline.

We need to go to the student center. Login with our MacId and password (which we were supposed to register a while back) and Click on Accept/Reject by March 29th, 2016.
This deadline was specific to my admit letter.

Thanks ashish, I've logged in and have accepted the offer.

Hi, we need to make the payment at the time of acceptance?

Retired Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 20:43
rakaisraka wrote:

It is highly likely yes,. Almost all schools ask for confirmation deposit while accepting the offer, so will be surprised if McMaster don't.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 01:58
VijayG6387 wrote:
rakaisraka wrote:

It is highly likely yes,. Almost all schools ask for confirmation deposit while accepting the offer, so will be surprised if McMaster don't.

Hi, Actually McMaster mentioned on the email that they will send us info in mid-May to make the payments. So i guess till May, we are just sending them a confirmation without any payments.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 62

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 17:18
I mailed official university documents few days back. Has anyone any idea how long they take before giving final unconditional offer letter ?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: DeGroote (A)

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2016, 06:07
Hello to you all guys,

It has been a really exciting time during these last two weeks. Well my video interview went quite well, I want to thank you all for providing me the help and support regarding the type of questions that I just encountered, even though they were completely different from the ones that I have seen so far. I also kind of extended myself in all three questions, but I think that in the end all was well, because I just got an invite for the co-op interview (yesterday March 30th).

I will be scheduling my interview today so I will let you guys know how does it ends. I hope once completing my interview I get an admission offer, because I already made up my mind that DeGroote is my main choice to do my MBA.

Hello aashishmalhotra02 it has been my pleasure to help. I’m not currently based in Canada, but I have lived in Toronto for five years, so I kind of know of how things works in the country.

Regarding the difference between the Co-op and the FT is just the work term and the experience you can earn from it. Both programs have access to the career development office, the thing is that co-op students have workshops during their studies that prepares them for their work terms, while for FT students they probably can also do this in their free time. I think it’s important to know that FT students can look for summer internships jobs and McGroote has a good network of companies in which students can probably find several projects or charity work that would surely look good in a resume. FT students can also be involved in investigations or participate in research papers, all this adds up for an experience that would prove valuable for your future career. I’m saying this because it is possible for the FT students to gain work experience someway or another. You got to understand that the McGroote brand name is well distinguished.

I think the numbers doesn’t say much (80% vs 49%), Co-op students initially have prepared their resume, cover letter, interview experience during their studies, maybe this number reflects that slight preparation. I’m guessing that FT students on the other hand are just starting to hone their skills regarding the preparation of a resume, of a cover letter, etc. In other words, whether it is FT or Co-op I have no doubt that both programs will prove more than competitive when looking for a job.

Congrats indierohit for your co-op admission,

Take into account guys that it is my own personal opinion,

Kind regards to you all,

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2016, 14:44
VijayG6387 wrote:
rakaisraka wrote:

Thanks Vijay - Have you decided which school you are going to join?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2016, 04:27
Hi guys,

Is there an active what's app or fb group for those who got an admission to full time MBA.

If so please add me to the group 9581178585

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Retired Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2016, 21:58
rakaisraka wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
rakaisraka wrote:

Thanks Vijay - Have you decided which school you are going to join?

I have yes, would be heading to McGill. :)

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 02:15
Hello All,

Congratulations VijayG6387!

I had my interview won Friday April 1st on the second slot. I received an admit for the traditional Full Time MBA with a $5000 scholarship. I have been waitlisted for the Co-op MBA program. :)

Interview was on the same format as mentioned by Aashish and Rohit. Do they keep everybody who applied to co-op on a waitlist? Also what are the chance of getting in to the Co-op?

A bit concerned about 49% MBA FT placement report... :(
And is there a Whatsapp or Facebook group for the ones who are admitted?

- arsharvin

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 02:19
arsharvin wrote:
Hello All,

I had my interview won Friday April 1st on the second slot. I received an admit for the traditional Full Time MBA with a $5000 scholarship. I have been waitlisted for the Co-op MBA program. :)

Interview was on the same format as mentioned by Aashish and Rohit. Do they keep everybody who applied to co-op on a waitlist? Also what are the chance of getting in to the Co-op?

- arsharvin

Congrats,

Dude! be happy you're the first one in the forum to get a scholarship :P (well that is what I think)
I guess Rohit got into the coop directly. That being said he didn't get any scholarship as well.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 02:26
aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
arsharvin wrote:
Hello All,

- arsharvin

Congrats,

Dude! be happy you're the first one in the forum to get a scholarship :P (well that is what I think)
I guess Rohit got into the coop directly. That being said he didn't get any scholarship as well.

Haha aashishmalhotra02 I dont think that is true.... :P Will have to scan the Forum to see if it is, but my gut says that there has to be somebody who has recieved it before here. I have seen many people posting about the Whatsapp group, if there isnt one, we need to create it. :wink:

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 02:29
arsharvin wrote:
aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
arsharvin wrote:
Hello All,

- arsharvin

Congrats,

Haha aashishmalhotra02 I dont think that is true.... :P Will have to scan the Forum to see if it is, but my gut says that there has to be somebody who has recieved it before here. I have seen many people posting about the Whatsapp group, if there isnt one, we need to create it. :wink:

Yea, I agree.

I'm just waiting for the co-op result. I was notified that I'll be notified about the result within the first week of April.
I've kept my admit for Alberta on hold because of this. :shock:

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 02:32
aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
arsharvin wrote:
aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
arsharvin"]Hello All,

- arsharvin

Congrats,

Dude! be happy you're the first one in the forum to get a scholarship (well that is what I think)

Haha aashishmalhotra02 I dont think that is true.... Will have to scan the Forum to see if it is, but my gut says that there has to be somebody who has recieved it before here. I have seen many people posting about the Whatsapp group, if there isnt one, we need to create it. :wink:

Yea, I agree.

I'm just waiting for the co-op result. I was notified that I'll be notified about the result within the first week of April.
I've kept my admit for Alberta on hold because of this. :shock:[/quote]
How long do you have to confirm acceptance to Alberta.?
[quote="aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
arsharvin wrote:
aashishmalhotra02 wrote:
[quote="arsharvin"]Hello All,

- arsharvin

Congrats,

Dude! be happy you're the first one in the forum to get a scholarship (well that is what I think)

Haha aashishmalhotra02 I dont think that is true.... Will have to scan the Forum to see if it is, but my gut says that there has to be somebody who has recieved it before here. I have seen many people posting about the Whatsapp group, if there isnt one, we need to create it. :wink:

Yea, I agree.

I've kept my admit for Alberta on hold because of this. :shock:[/quote]
How long do you have to confirm acceptance to Alberta?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Retired Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 04:38
The Co-Op decision committee meets once every month to decide on the applicants. That might explain the delay in getting a firm result of acceptance/reject. Have seen others who have been awarded a 2k scholarship (including me), but 5k is huge, :) so congratulations. :) All the best.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2016, 05:14
Hi all,

I've got an admit from McGill as well, so I'm a little confused between the McGill FT and the Degroote Co-op, weighing pros and cons for both and will take a call soon. Your inputs are welcome.

best
rohit

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2016, 18:51
Hi All,

Will Canadian Embassy accept Toefl score ? yesterday visa counsellor told me to get a letter from university stating that they accept Toefl score, so that letter can be attached while applying for student permit, but I am not sure about mailing them since it is clearly mentioned in their website that they accept Toefl score. Can someone give some advice here ?

Thank You.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 325

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GPA: 3.25
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 09:18
Guys is really Degroots MBA that expensive.. $ 77,000 CAD. is't it way to high as compared to Alberta, calgary & Simon fraser . And i also do not understand why do they have two links describing tuitions, n both stating different fees. Can someone help me with this..
http://mbarecruit.degroote.mcmaster.ca/ ... s/tuition/
http://mbastudent.degroote.mcmaster.ca/ ... ntal-fees/

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 325

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 10:45
goldfinchmonster wrote:
Guys is really Degroots MBA that expensive.. $ 77,000 CAD. is't it way to high as compared to Alberta, calgary & Simon fraser . And i also do not understand why do they have two links describing tuitions, n both stating different fees. Can someone help me with this..
http://mbarecruit.degroote.mcmaster.ca/ ... s/tuition/
http://mbastudent.degroote.mcmaster.ca/ ... ntal-fees/

Hey, yes it is $77k for the co-op. Because it's Co-op (Canada's leading) you should probably not compare it to Alberta, Simon Fraser.

So the first link says: $77,600

Second link gives a break up:
Per work term: $17,682 and Per Co-op term: $1,750.
Therefore, total= 17,682*4 + 1750*3 = $77,600 appx

Hope this clarifies.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 11:05
Hi, Shall I make a whatsapp group then? Those admitted can pm there numbers.

Re: DeGroote (McMaster) Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2016, 11:05

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 181 posts ] 

DeGroote (McMaster) Class of 2018 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap